Sign in to follow this  
Komunalac

Drop - On ground - optional

I just wanted to start that thread!

It is so damn annoying pls remove that stupid change.

+1 I hate this addon i get some people dropped stuff accidentally hell we all have. But this is just plan out annoying while transforming or getting rid of pesky woodscrap.

Yeah, timered things probably don't need to be sub-menued.  Like the bash mentioned earlier.

• Like 2

As its been said sub-menus should really only be for things that you can't undo like pour. This one is overly irritating while terraforming.

• Like 2

today i hit flatten instead of level i want flatten in a submenu, lol 

+1 please give me some way to get drop back on the main menu, don't care how...

+1 the new drop sub command is RETARDED!!! i cant even remember when i dropped something i wasnt suppose to.... should be an option in the menu to disable this!

A few days have passed since I've had to deal with Drop > On Ground and it's worse than I even imagined when I first encountered it. Keybinding DOES NOT solve the problem. You can only keybind-drop an item that is highlighted in your inventory. So that means extra clicking to get it highlighted, and you cannot drop a few things at once. When I terraform I usually drop three dirts at once because that's what I can carry around and still walk quickly. When I feed my wild animals, I drop at least five meats at a time. So if I wanted to use the keybind, I'd have to double click and sometimes triple and quadruple click until I got each meat highlighted, and then use a keybind - yet another keybind when I can barely remember which ones I already have - to drop the meats one by one. Meanwhile, the animal is attacking me and making me then move around slowly, and getting itself injured by my aosp armour. It is also much more common to accidentally drop something if drop is a simple keybind. PLEASE get rid of this submenu for drop. If you want to safeguard drops at sea, make that kind of dropping be a different verb and add a menu for that.

A much needed bump. Please get rid of this bull####.

Edited by whereami

+1 to the idea of making it a toggle for people who seriously find it to be an issue.

-1 to remove the feature all together because I personally understand why it was added. Sometimes menu's lag and you could actually have your mouse over another thing and clicked that but when the lag catches up it drops something or pours it out. The lag in menu's is really bad and is why I am very hesitant about swapping out gear while Im sailing or doing anything while Im sailing for that matter. Equping my scale set from my seryll set and accidently dropping it? Scared to do it every time....

• Like 1

Bump

This is getting more annoying as time goes by not less. 

i wonder why the menu was changed and found now this thread.

i like only to say please revert it asap!

i dont know why you devs change the drop menu, what you have done here is very pointless.

Moving "destroy" to a submenu is a great idea but "droping" is a working action for terraformers and is needed in the main menu :)

have a nice day

Eject

today i hit flatten instead of level i want flatten in a submenu, lol 

loooool

@Kegan

others would tell you: there is a keybind for level bla bla bla.....my dear devs,  remove/delete all menuentrys if there are keybinds ;) /joking

Edited by Eject

Please make it optional so we can choose whether to have it (OR NOT +1 to NOT)

I would rather see the drop sub-menu removed and changed to the bsb method. Instead of doing something reduntant like just ask twice to drop it would add functionality atleast which somepeople might use and would make it somewhat quicker to drop it all by just hitting enter after you click drop.

Don't know if anybody else mentioned in this thread but...

Drop should have a default function if you click it. If you don't click it you can just use the submenu for something else. The default action would be to drop the item on the ground, as it was before.

Same deal with botanize/forage. If you click on them they use the default "Anything".

Some others have suggested just click & hold and moving off the inventory window to get the default "Anything". It'd be just like clicking on Drop but a few fractions of a second faster.

Edited by Lightonfoot

I could maybe agree with dragging things out of the window itself into the game world dropping things automatically, but I've encountered a few times where that would be problematic, lag and such, and so I could then see the same issue resurfacing..

Bump again for this thread, this is getting dumber and dumber every day this continues to be a forced feature.

bump fopr dev's - plz plz plz remove this feature or make it as an option ....

Was out teraforming last night and every time I wanted to find the developer that made this shitty change and smash him in the face with my shovel...

Had to drop over 20k dirt with this crap and I can drop only 13 dirt at the time ... endless pain ... bump

Was out teraforming last night and every time I wanted to find the developer that made this shitty change and smash him in the face with my shovel...

That's how I feel when feeding the wild animals and pigs.