Sign in to follow this  
Ephelant

Can´t Check for mail - Error while parsing markup

It almost seems like the right people dont even know this is happening.  Mail has been down all week it seems like if the right people knew it would either be fixed or an ingame msg about fix status.

I've tried remaining patient but quite frankly this is getting ridiculous, It should not take multiple days to get a simple server restart done and when i'm losing money due to mail sent on severs expiring, it's gone too far.

Shame on you.

I thought Maximusi was given the controls to restart servers too and i know i seen him on this morning not that long ago. 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by silakka, July 24, 2014 - trollbaiting
Hidden by silakka, July 24, 2014 - trollbaiting

lol rolandt, you're the last person anyone should take advice from.

Hi all,

While the fix required for this system does require a restart that is not all it requires, an update of server code is required to resolve the issue. We do have a server admin who can restart the servers in case of emergency downtime, but that does not include updating of server code. In situations such as these we must wait until the code is able to go live before implementing it.

We are aware that this issue is causing unrest, and will endeavour to have the situation resolved as soon as possible, in the meantime we ask for your for your patience.

Regards,

Retrograde

• Like 1

Nothing will be lost.  The mail is intact; it's just the dialog to get items out that is broken.

It's been fixed in the code ... we just need Rolf to do a restart.

Hi all,

While the fix required for this system does require a restart that is not all it requires, an update of server code is required to resolve the issue. We do have a server admin who can restart the servers in case of emergency downtime, but that does not include updating of server code. In situations such as these we must wait until the code is able to go live before implementing it.

We are aware that this issue is causing unrest, and will endeavour to have the situation resolved as soon as possible, in the meantime we ask for your for your patience.

Regards,

Retrograde

Since you are both employees of Codeclub, you need to get together and decide what is really going on.  Is the fix ready, and just waiting for a restart, or is the problem bigger than that and more work will need to be done?  Get your story straight.

Edited by Vroomfondel

I am not sure how it works but i am guessing they have the code to fix it but Rolf has to put it in the live game server code. I am guessing all there work is done on a test server....so in a way they are both right. 

Edited by Kegan

please restart so it can be fixed if thats all it needs.  

yes, i can read 2 lines up. 

Edited by spunoche

please restart so it can be fixed if thats all it needs.  

Hi all,

Regards,

Retrograde

Seara was mistaken about the issue, what Retrograde said is correct.

Well here's your opportunity to fix the damn mail system once and for all. Remove all those idiotic limitations on what tools/weapons can't and can be mailed. ;)
If we're going to have to live without mail system for a while (which it sounds like), might as well make it worth our time. =)

• Like 5

Guruen, I don't think they can handle that.   Seems like mail used to work... then it was fixed, now it doesn't work.  This is honestly gone on for way to long. 

Sigh, we all know that this isn't going to get fixed until next week, nothing will get done over the weekend. Great Service!