Sign in to follow this  
Ephelant

Can´t Check for mail - Error while parsing markup

Hello,

I can´t check my mails it says "Error while parsing markup" in the Mail status window.

Any ideas?

It's a Bug in the change to the mail system to show Rares ... should be fixed soon.  We may need a restart.

We hope very soon also....we have important mail waiting :/

Fleur and Pendragon.

Oh yes please, and try your utmost to not lose the mailed items please please! I sent out valuable stuff...

wish this bug was fixed today so we could access our mail's was told to wait a day or two bah hate waiting lol

A day or two????? Wow wurm online, you never cease to amaze me.....

Can we at least get confirmation our valuables will not be lost??

Has anyone ever considered testing updates before making them live? Could have this all not been avoided if the proper measures were taken ?

Nothing will be lost.  The mail is intact; it's just the dialog to get items out that is broken.

It's been fixed in the code ... we just need Rolf to do a restart.

• Like 3

Ok well is that a 2 day thing? Is he another vacation?

Why in all these years has he never found someone he found compitent enough to learn how to restart the server? Is it encrypted to his finger print or what? #businesssensenone

Edit: also how is an update happen that is revolved around mailing, and noone tested the mailbox?

Edited by Rolandt

Maybe it is filed in the wrong section even. Since it needs a restart of the servers to get fixed, it might be a server bug rather than a client bug.

And who ever restarted it earlier, could maybe do it again?

The server restart I mean...

But what do I know. Just a little cat. Meow ;-)

Edited by Smilingcat

A server message warning people the mail system would be inaccessible for perhaps several days, would be a kindness to the community.

I know I was going to ride to market for a new skiller tool I wanted quickly,  but thought buying one through mail would be faster. Now I am stuck since I am committed to purchase one I can't get for days.

And some sellers have thrown a lot of VERY valuable items into limbo-land, I am sure most of them would have preferred holding off on mailing until the system is fixed.

Wow, just wow.

@Seara, why does this have to be an issue? Please answer straight.

1.) Test your updates, especially check the main thing you updated!

2.) Rolf appoints 2 others to be trusted with the responsibility of server restarts.

Is this harder than it sounds? If It is please fill us in. Why after all these years........

Are we still waiting of a server restart to fix this?

Are we still waiting of a server restart to fix this?

Yes.  (I had personally thought there would be one today, but we don't get advanced notice)

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by silakka, July 24, 2014 - staff bashing
Hidden by silakka, July 24, 2014 - staff bashing

http://www.smallbusinessbc.ca/starting-a-business/understanding-basics-business

Seara don't avoid easy questions? In your opinion why ? Why is Rolf on vacation 4 months out of the year if he's scared to pay real employees, or at least trust someone to do a good job?

Edited by Rolandt

Any update on this? Still waiting on a server restart?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by silakka, July 23, 2014 - unecessary staff bashing
Hidden by silakka, July 23, 2014 - unecessary staff bashing

Rolf is finishing up his piña colodas then he will check on it... This is worse service than the United States postal service itself....

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, July 23, 2014 - Removed - Unnecessary
Hidden by Shrimpiie, July 23, 2014 - Removed - Unnecessary

Wow just wow

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, July 23, 2014 - Removed - Staff bashing
Hidden by Shrimpiie, July 23, 2014 - Removed - Staff bashing

Why is Rolf on vacation 4 months out of the year

pretty sure its more than 4 months in a year for him. I think anyone who has played this game for a long time knows he's an embarrassment to his profession but it is what it is.

http://www.smallbusinessbc.ca/starting-a-business/understanding-basics-business

Seara don't avoid easy questions? In your opinion why ? Why is Rolf on vacation 4 months out of the year if he's scared to pay real employees, or at least trust someone to do a good job?

Sheesh dude...

Seara is a volunteer trying to help the community. There is absolutely no point in taking your rage out at this address.

• Like 4

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, July 24, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, July 24, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

pretty sure its more than 4 months in a year for him. I think anyone who has played this game for a long time knows he's an embarrassment to his profession but it is what it is.

Who cares if that's how the guy wants to live his life so be it, if your not working on your own terms your doing it all wrong.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by silakka, July 24, 2014 - More of staff bashing
Hidden by silakka, July 24, 2014 - More of staff bashing

Seara is not to blame. Seara is a volunteer, like all of Rolf's hard working employees.

The blame is all on Rolf's shoulders, as a 5 year customer of his product, I have fallin in love with it. But by far the least proffesional, least caring business owner I have ever had to deal with. I continue to give my money, like so many others, so that he can hire only volunteers, and not even have one person that can reset a damn server....

Also Rolf will likely promise us bridges by Xmas this year AGAIN. While he is on his 6th vacation. Now I don't mind the vacations, but if your not wanting to do the job you created to your best ability or with your full time. Why not hire a paid staff? I have slowly been selling all my assets inte game, and hope it does not come to the head I Forsee. #doyourjob

This is a long time to wait for a simple server restart :(

Fleur and Pendragon.

Well this is getting ridiculous if all we need is a server restart to fix this. Are you telling me if a sever was to have gone down we would have had to wait this long for a restart too? A lot of us count on the mail system to earn silver to pay for things it is a very important part of the game. 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by silakka, July 24, 2014 - staff bashing
Hidden by silakka, July 24, 2014 - staff bashing

I have to agree this is getting beyond a joke now, i've tried remaining patient but when i'm losing real money due to items i've mailed to customers on different servers expiring, it's gone too far. A simple server restart should not take days to get done and quite frankly i think it's time Rolf took a good long look at himself in the mirror and decided if he really is the right man to take wurm forward, as at the moment it seems like he really could not care less about HIS game.

Shamefull.