Sign in to follow this  
Puertorro

Ebonaura wagon design

I wanted to start this thread to give props to my wife that spent about 8 hours or more working in our kingdom's design.  It represents Libila commanding her minions (hyena) to destroy all her enemies (anaconda, gorilla, wild boar).  As you can see in the picture the hyena destroyed the anaconda and the gorilla and forced the wild bar into submission.  I hope everyone enjoys the design and feel free to give props to the creator.  If you are interested on having a design made by her please contact me.

pqoDNfq.jpg

Edit: Changed Libila silhouette 

Edited by Puertorro
  • Like 9

wow....all politics of chaos aside...That....THAT is one mean and amazing looking wagon...kudos n big hats off to whoever designed that!!!!!    I got droolies and repeated thought comes to mind...I want one!!!

Edited by Greasygrundle

VERY NICE work Lord Puertorro ....and to your Wife.....

Very nice indeed .....hope to see it in-game ;)

All that is very nice, but can I suggest it's a little over designed.

KISS - Keep It Simple Sir.

All i know is that i would so love to buy one of those wagons for my deed :P.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by silakka, July 23, 2014 - Cleaning the thread from derailing and trolling
Hidden by silakka, July 23, 2014 - Cleaning the thread from derailing and trolling

ah bro, you cant use a vector design I came up with...
The silhouette you used of Libila is simply the one I made thats been edited. Its bloody obvious. 

At lease if you wanted to use it, asking for permission would have been nice... 

The Vector

Hate_Deceit-01.png

The Drawing I did before I decided to make it into vector art. 

20140307_115436~2.jpg

Edited by boombza
  • Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by silakka, July 23, 2014 - Cleaning the thread from derailing and trolling
Hidden by silakka, July 23, 2014 - Cleaning the thread from derailing and trolling

ah bro, you cant use a vector design I came up with...

The silhouette you used of Libila is simply the one I made thats been edited. Its bloody obvious. 

At lease if you wanted to use it, asking for permission would have been nice... 

Apologize if it looks like its yours but it's not.  Not taking away from yours which looks very good as well.  The silhouette looks similar because she went with the simplest design she could out of the 3d model in game.  Again apologies for the similarity. 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by silakka, July 23, 2014 - Cleaning the thread from derailing and trolling

Idk, that looks way too similar. If you were in court for plagiarism, you would have a hard case against you.  

View hidden Post

Ok sounds good.  The Libila design can be changed.  That part is not what makes the wagon cool ;)

View hidden Post

Apologize if it looks like its yours but it's not.  Not taking away from yours which looks very good as well.  The silhouette looks similar because she went with the simplest design she could out of the 3d model in game.  Again apologies for the similarity. 

Not going to cut it. 

Untitled-1-01.png

• Like 4

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by silakka, July 23, 2014 - Cleaning the thread from derailing and trolling

It will be changed and there will be no similarities whatsoever.  Now enough sabotaging the thread because of one component of the design.  You could have pm'ed about it ;)

Edited by Puertorro
  • Like 1

Awesome design!

Although I would love a wagon like this:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F-Loamu16k

I think it would fit Wurm style better.

View hidden Post

Stop making drama out of it.  It will be changed and there will be no similarities whatsoever.  Now enough sabotaging the thread because of one component of the design.  You could have pm'ed about it ;)

Could have pm'ed +1

Also, it's not copyrighted so... anyone can use it.

Edited by Lucas

View hidden Post

As someone that is kinda impartial, since i couldn't care less about either of your arguments. I have to say boombza, stop trying.

One if you're both going to use the same subject for your art, there's bound to be similarities.

Now, lets deconstruction your theory:

1- The scythe, not present on the wagon's image,

2- Hand position, different,

3- Most important of all, the WINGS, your wings are rounded out on the outside, being a smooth outward arch, while the silhouette has segmented arches that bend inward.

4- The head is straight on the silhouette, not posed like yours.

5- The belly and hips are posed differently and less curvy on the silhouette.

Sure they might started off with your vector, but its edited so heavily that you can't really claim they stole it from you. Otherwise you'd be having to pay royalties to code-club, since your vector mask is obviously based on their own art.

On the wagon art itself, it looks too gory to me. Kinda overdone, too much detail for a wagon canvas.

It looks nice overall, but just not for a wagon.

Edited by KanePT

View hidden Post

Could have pm'ed +1

Also, it's not copyrighted so... anyone can use it.

"Copyright law in Australia is contained in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and in decisions of courts.

There is no registration procedure for copyright protection in Australia. You do not have to register your work or go
through any other procedure. The Copyright Act lists categories of material which are protected by copyright. One
of these categories is “artistic workâ€, which includes drawings, paintings, engravings, sculptures, photographs and
works of artistic craftsmanship.
Generally, an original artistic work is automatically protected as soon as it is created."

"It is not necessary to register your work for protection overseas, although you may be eligible to register under

some systems, such as the system administered by the United States Copyright Office."

Sure they might started off with your vector, but its edited so heavily that you can't really claim they stole it from you. Otherwise you'd be having to pay royalties to code-club, since your vector mask is obviously based on their own art.

"When is copyright infringed?

Copyright is infringed by a person who reproduces your work without your permission, unless one of the special exceptions in the Copyright Act applies. The special exceptions include use of copyright material for research or study, and for criticism or review. There are also special provisions which allow an educational institution to copy artistic works in certain circumstances; in most cases, it must have agreed to pay a fee.

Using part of a work may infringe copyright if that part is important to the work, or an essential or distinctive part
of it – it need not be a proportionally large part. This is a question of fact and degree in each case."

My vector was based on MY OWN art. 

Edited by boombza
  • Like 1

Nevermind. Enough drama for today.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

View hidden Post

wow stealing art then lying about it. have some respect for the artist please. how shameful..

• Like 1

View hidden Post

guys, the similarities are overwhelming, thats not about the subject, someone took a picture and just adjusted it a tiny bit to make it look different. please atleast be so fair and admit it, there would be no drama needed if one would have just asked ahead for usage....and you also need to get it through dev channels anyway and they will see with their own eyes if the "copy" is valid or not. No point in denying it

• Like 4

View hidden Post

Neutral party here and going on the legal points only

"Copyright law in Australia is contained in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and in decisions of courts.

There is no registration procedure for copyright protection in Australia. You do not have to register your work or go
through any other procedure. The Copyright Act lists categories of material which are protected by copyright. One
of these categories is “artistic workâ€, which includes drawings, paintings, engravings, sculptures, photographs and
works of artistic craftsmanship.
Generally, an original artistic work is automatically protected as soon as it is created."

"It is not necessary to register your work for protection overseas, although you may be eligible to register under
some systems, such as the system administered by the United States Copyright Office."

"When is copyright infringed?

Copyright is infringed by a person who reproduces your work without your permission, unless one of the special exceptions in the Copyright Act applies. The special exceptions include use of copyright material for research or study, and for criticism or review. There are also special provisions which allow an educational institution to copy artistic works in certain circumstances; in most cases, it must have agreed to pay a fee.

Using part of a work may infringe copyright if that part is important to the work, or an essential or distinctive part
of it – it need not be a proportionally large part. This is a question of fact and degree in each case."

My vector was based on MY OWN art. 

Its a derivative work, that actually is copyrighted by wurmonline, and you cant copyright it Boombza.

Personally boombza your version looks a lot better

720px-Blacklight.jpg

• Like 2

so how i can PM you if im interested in purchasing a google image quilt?

View hidden Post

Silhouette changed, reason for drama gone.  Moderator please clean up thread as the purpose has been completely sabotaged.

P.S.

Black Legion members are welcome to give constructive criticism without making it political.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Niki, July 22, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by Niki, July 22, 2014 - trolling

just to set things right, since it's fanart from boombza of a copyrighted wurm online character, his artwork can't be sold without gaining the permission of distribution for it from wurm online, but boombza has full ownership over his original artwork nontheless, means if someone wants to be picky you still need to ask boombza for permission to modifiy and use HIS artwork AND additionally if you want to use it commercially one would need to ask wurm online for it. 

those are the facts, don't mix up things

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, July 22, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, July 22, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

its not political, its personal. i think youre a tool.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Niki, July 22, 2014 - qouted from post #23 - trolling
Hidden by Niki, July 22, 2014 - qouted from post #23 - trolling

just to set things right, since it's fanart from boombza of a copyrighted wurm online character, his artwork can't be sold without gaining the permission of distribution for it from wurm online, but boombza has full ownership over his original artwork nontheless, means if someone wants to be picky you still need to ask boombza for permission to modifiy and use HIS artwork AND additionally if you want to use it commercially one would need to ask wurm online for it. 

those are the facts, don't mix up things

" but boombza has full ownership over his original artwork nontheless",  not sure about that, since its very difficult to become a original image from another image that it was based on

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1