Sign in to follow this  

Advertising  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need the devs to advertise Wurm on steam to improve server population to make the game more fun?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the price they charge is acceptable for an MMO that has so much wrong with it and a none existent player base?

• Yes the price is right
    • Yes if the game had fuller servers
    • Yes if the devs spent there efforts on what the players want not what the devs think they want.
    • No the price should be lowerd
    • i think the price is fine as the game stands now
  3. 3. Who feels that we should stand as 1 to make the devs listen to what we as a community want ?

• Yes we need to stand together
    • No they are doing a good job so we should leave them alone

In short, Wurm is kinda like that really funny, great cook, intelligent, drop-dead hawt girlfriend that one wouldn't marry because she can also be extremely bipolar.

Yet if you tried to change her into something more predictable and stable,  she'd be just another boring plastic shallow person =/ 

Embrace the quirks! Even the ones that try to stab you n the middle of the night!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Game is not perfect, major improvements have been made and are being made.

It is well worth my money.  This is what I'm playing these days and I don't see that changing in the near future.

Playerbase on Xan actually feels about right to me in my area anyway.  Steady stream of new people coming in the area, but not such a swarm that we can't integrate them properly and they muck everything up.

So most players do not appreciate Steam.

How about Origin? Steam's counterpart.

The attitude boils down towards blackmail rather than constructive criticism from what I read from the OP's posts.

Do this, or else.

Origin... keeping away EA's crap from Steam since... thanks, but no thanks.

I'm pretty sure I speak for a majority when saying, I don't want any digital distribution platform in my Wurm, not even Steam.

• Like 2

How about such those questions to some non-stacked, non-delusional questions first?

Then voting in the poll might be worth it.

More advertising is the way to go. Putting this on steam only means that's yet another medium to go through. While having it up on the list as 'free to play' would help like how other MMORPGS are up there, I think conventional advertising would be better. I wouldn't mind getting it LISTED on steam, so long as it does not go through them besides it being on my steam games list.

• Like 1

Embrace the quirks! Even the ones that try to stab you n the middle of the night!

I'm very non-vocal about the life-annoying buncha bugs.  I embark and get stuck, I relog and move on.  Those I'm willing to tolerate as this isn't a company that grosses $100 million a year, if not oh boy you'd hear my shrieks.

The Wogic in-game, I try not to question it unless I (think I) have a brilliant idea that sounds easy enough to code.

It's the business decisions... Announce that perimeters are losing protections in a month, say nothing about 1-directional expansion.  Meaning it was hella easy to implement in a few days, or "why the hell was it NOT implemented (or even mentioned as possible) before, Moon Moon?"  And let's not discuss how announcing that the cost of buying tiles was gonna get slashed in half.  That's what I meant "feels more like it's run as a personal project and not as a business".

Wurm IS brilliant in concept, in overall execution, hats off to Rolf and the devs over LOTS of things.. just wish they'd remember that end of the day, we're the customers and lifeline to this game's survival, not buddies who are graciously allowed to fool around on a personal server with an optional "donate" button, eh.  Before someone accuses me of trolling, I still pay my subscription and deeds with $, money I make ingame is more for vanity items, enchanted tools, that kinda fun, and a lot of barter comes into the equation.  

That's how I congratulate staff, but the errors need to be mentioned because that's feedback, plain and simple.  

When I gotta stop at a restaurant with tourists and they're given the "evaluation multiple choice test", i ask them to only point out the bad, and to not hold back, because I've already spoken with the owners and told them "you know what's good with your business, I'm gonna ask my ppl for only what went wrong".    Works marvels, noticeable improvements over the years at many spots.

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 3

Why are people bitching about the poll lol? There's no problem with it to me...

In short, Wurm is kinda like that really funny, great cook, intelligent, drop-dead hawt girlfriend that one wouldn't marry because she can also be extremely bipolar.

Where do I sign up?!?! ^_^

Origin is slow, ugly, and slow. Steam is perfect in every term. Some people just cry because "drms are bad because i can't play this game without internets plugged in".

• Like 1

why don't we let Rolf decide what he want to do with his game 

and if we don't agree with his way of doing things 

then leave (just like people do with other games)

sry forgot we cant leave wurm, we can only take vacation from it :)

How is it HIS game if we're paying for it?

• Like 1

How is it HIS game if we're paying for it?

Umm, because he is the one who created it. He could still choose to have created it without any of our money (and likely initially did). You don't own any piece of this game. You don't own your character, and you do not own your deed. Any "virtual property" in Wurm is leased to you through the owner, creator, and final say in the game, Rolf. 

It is his game, let him do what he will. So far it has been an amazing experience.. 

Just because you pay your sub every month does not give you entitlement to make decisions on the direction of the game. Get over yourself. 

Edited by GorgonKain

Umm, because he is the one who created it. He could still choose to have created it without any of our money (and likely initially did). You don't own any piece of this game. You don't own your character, and you do not own your deed. Any "virtual property" in Wurm is leased to you through the owner, creator, and final say in the game, Rolf. 

It is his game, let him do what he will. So far it has been an amazing experience.. 

Just because you pay your sub every month does not give you entitlement to make decisions on the direction of the game. Get over yourself. 

All true. But any sound logic will tell you that if Rolf was the "genius" people say he is:

1) He wouldn't make so many retarded decisions, that even i, not a genius, nor a game developer could see were faulty from a mile away.

2) He would on the other hand, make the game to cater for a better universe of costumers, anyone with any kind of enterprise will do market studies and adapt to be able to adress as many costumers as they can, because, that's what pays the bills.

3) Notch built the game as much (if not more) than Rolf. And being here as long as i am, having witnessed as many ###### from Rolf as i have, i'll tell you one thing, if it wasn't for Rolf, and some of the amazing staff we have today that volunteer to improve the game and have to swim against the tide of Rolf's screw-ups, Wurm wouldn't exist.

So yeah, if you're not going to respect yourself, or your fellow players, at least respect the people that actually have been trying to improve the game you play, and stop giving Rolf undeserved credit.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

Honestly I think there is some aspects of the game in which we as players and/or costumers can play a role or have a bit of an influence on how it will be changed/developed.

In the other hand, there is the financial and management of the company named CodeClub AB, and this include how the game it is advertised and such, in this part I think we should have no influence at all and should be left at the sole responsibility of the company owner.

Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 1

Why are people complaining about Steam? The community? Please allow me to remind you that one of the most played games on Steam is Civilization 5, a 4x game that requires considerable patience and forethought. More people play Civ 5 on Steam than all of the Modern Warfare games combined, and it has been like that for years. Just look at the top 100 list. There are many, many games listed there in the grand strategy and sandbox genres.

Ignorantly claiming that Steam is nothing but a bunch of kids is more immature than the young gamers you're trying to disparage. Steam is a platform for all kinds of games, and it will reach millions.

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 2

I play for the fun of the game not for much else, yeah I wish it was cheaper but oh well. All I know is that the customer doesn't know whats best for the game and developer doesn't know whats best for the customer.

LaRue: try releasing your own game at Steam, or at least putting it on Greenlight. Of course there might be huge bunch of smart players, but still, thousands, bah, hundreds of thousands of noobs.

Look at games above Civilization. Dota does not have most warm community I've seen, neither does Counter Strike. Team Fortress? lol

Also, people play Civ5 because it was free in bunch of places, and then it was crazy cheap in other places. I've personally paid $15 for it, but it's sad truth still.

Look at games above Civilization. Dota does not have most warm community I've seen, neither does Counter Strike. Team Fortress? lol

Those are Valve games, and are therefore Steam exclusive titles. Their numbers are not comparable because they are disproportionately large when compared to non-exclusive titles.

You don't want to see Wurm on Steam because you're afraid of "noobs?" What? Our target audience is gamers; they will sort themselves out based on their preference. If Wurm isn't the game for them, then they won't stay, or, more likely, they won't come in the first place.

I didn't hear any complaining like this when Wurm was advertised on MMORPG.com. If you're afraid of the gamers who play TF2, then you should also be afraid of the gamers that play WoW. Better watch out, now that Wurm was on MMORPG.com, all those WoW kiddies are going to come and ruin our game!

Oh wait. They didn't.

Sabotaging Wurm by letting it die in obscurity because you're afraid of FPS gamer is ridiculous. Get a grip.

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 3

Why are people complaining about Steam? The community? Please allow me to remind you that one of the most played games on Steam is Civilization 5, a 4x game that requires considerable patience and forethought. More people play Civ 5 on Steam than all of the Modern Warfare games combined, and it has been like that for years. Just look at the top 100 list. There are many, many games listed there in the grand strategy and sandbox genres.

Ignorantly claiming that Steam is nothing but a bunch of kids is more immature than the young gamers you're trying to disparage. Steam is a platform for all kinds of games, and it will reach millions.

8 "friends" on steam that play civ 5......

Here's there chat for you "Lulz, I beet u before modernz agez"

Yes, everyone uses steam, the majority of the.....social ones....Tend to be the ones mentioned.

It's kind of like the joke on WoW, yes, some of the people are infact good, and awesome people.....But the majority is what it is, and it's easily visible for steam if you look at ANY of there "sandbox" games released in the past two years. :/

Even landmark had a decent group of players, now that it's on steam, i've been noticing a rising tide of "Those" players......where the friendly, helpful, majority is no longer the....majority. the only good thing is, MOST of these people aren't using landmarks forums, there using steam.

There IS Valid reason to worry about this game going on steam, I know I hold no value in the decision when it comes time to put it on it or not. But I pray the dev's are at least smart enough to give the current players better mechanics for deeds and rules before they do so.

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 1

I haven't heard of "mmorpg.com" site ever. Looking that I've played really lot of stuff (ok that sounds like i'm talking about drugs), it definitely is not popular.

People who play Dota, Team Fortress, are not people who play it because Valve releases/advertises it. They play it because it's free​. Every free steam game is affected by it.  

I'm probably using wrong definition of the word noob, but for me, it was player who destroys another people fun coming from playing the game, call it however you want, a griefer?

Another thing. Do you really think that server players cap as it is now can handle that huge flow of new players? 

edit cause I don't want to derail topic with new post:

bah I've played wow, bit of rift, aion and loads of minor mmos and never heard of it.

ps:

WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON DRUID D:

Edited by Samool

I haven't heard of "mmorpg.com" site ever. Looking that I've played really lot of stuff (ok that sounds like i'm talking about drugs), it definitely is not popular.

People who play Dota, Team Fortress, are not people who play it because Valve releases/advertises it. They play it because it's free​. Every free steam game is affected by it.  

I'm probably using wrong definition of the word noob, but for me, it was player who destroys another people fun coming from playing the game, call it however you want, a griefer?

Another thing. Do you really think that server players cap as it is now can handle that huge flow of new players? 

mmorpg.com is actually pretty known,  Mostly to the Blizzard, Rift, Aion, SWTOR communitys, and a lot of the minor MMO's.  Infact I believe it's one of the bigger review sites.

I am nobodys side....

For I walk the pathless woods, were none but nature intrude.....

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 2

edit cause I don't want to derail topic with new post:

bah I've played wow, bit of rift, aion and loads of minor mmos and never heard of it.

ps:

WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON DRUID D:

LOL...

I'm just laughing at your first paragraph... After that, anything out of your keyboard is nothing... I'm sorry.

• Like 1

Please tell me where I was wrong so I can learn from my own mistakes.