Sign in to follow this  

Advertising  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need the devs to advertise Wurm on steam to improve server population to make the game more fun?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the price they charge is acceptable for an MMO that has so much wrong with it and a none existent player base?

• Yes the price is right
    • Yes if the game had fuller servers
    • Yes if the devs spent there efforts on what the players want not what the devs think they want.
    • No the price should be lowerd
    • i think the price is fine as the game stands now
  3. 3. Who feels that we should stand as 1 to make the devs listen to what we as a community want ?

• Yes we need to stand together
    • No they are doing a good job so we should leave them alone

http://jenn001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/paying.html

Xanadu brought in maybe 800 paid accounts.

Xanadu was a failure.

Dude got a point.

A little bit of a late reply, but please consider the landrush event, consider the group of people that bought premium on alts.

That and just the playercount increase from the alts looks good statistics wise if he even tracked nonprem accounts.

Edited by Propheteer

A little bit of a late reply, but please consider the landrush event, consider the group of people that bought premium on alts.

That and just the playercount increase from the alts looks good statistics wise if he even tracked nonprem accounts.

M8 what a load of crap you have wasted ur time and 2 min of my life I will never get back.

So you'd rather we shut up and walk?  Because if we all voted with our wallets instead of complaining, meaning some changes wouldn't be fixed or reverted, Xanadu would be the fullest server at 75 players.

When it comes to functions within the game and how it affects gameplay, of course you have a right and responsibility to complain, and to offer alternatives.  But when it comes to how Codeclub is ran as a business, you really have nothing to say unless you own part of the company.  And yes, if you don't like how a company is ran, your only choice is to not do business with that company.  Why is this so hard to understand?

MMorpg.com was a terrible idea.  Ever since they mentioned an ad on that site, I've been trying to load that website, And it has never loaded once until today.  If other people have the same problem with that site, Then it's no wonder that most of the new players are just returning players. Because nobody will ever see wurm on mmorpg.  Besides all of that, I would not advertise this game on any serious gaming site, Until it has a real tutorial, that actually forces people to learn to play the game, Before they are released into the world.  And get the bugs in this game fixed too.  You have major system flaws in this game that are alpha stage problems.  And at the same time your pushing this game as if it's in production stage.  It is far from it.  They are pulling in way too much money from this game, To be accomplishing so little. 

Lower the price till the game is fixed.

Make a tutorial that works, Not a house with signs all over it.  One where you actually have to do survival skills, Before your released.

Balance out the animals, Fix the AI's.  And get this game ready for mainstream players.

Stop using the players as testers on the live server.

then and only then should they even consider this game anywhere near ready for release.  As it is, It's just embarassing.

• Like 1

I ready to stand as 1.  Please tell me how to do that.

I ready to stand as 1.  Please tell me how to do that.

I think he wants to make one of these:

l6C7h5sl.jpg

MMorpg.com was a terrible idea.  Ever since they mentioned an ad on that site, I've been trying to load that website, And it has never loaded once until today.  If other people have the same problem with that site, Then it's no wonder that most of the new players are just returning players. Because nobody will ever see wurm on mmorpg. 

"Advertising on the most trafficked MMO website was a terrible idea because I'm using Internet Explorer 6."

Sorry for the hyperbole, but that was just dumbfounding.

Your second point is quite valid, though. Wurm has a new player problem; probably the most-asked question in GL chat is "What do I do?" Part of this is simply part of the nature of sandbox games - people probably ask themselves this when first playing Minecraft as well. The tutorial can only do so much, the slow pace of Wurm makes learning how to play equally slow, and plenty of people get annoyed or bored and try to skip through the rest of the tutorial as soon as they've had enough.

We've tried the "tutorial server" idea, although I admit I don't recall the reason why Golden Valley was scrapped as a playable server, I guess because the other servers became free-to-play also.

M8 what a load of crap you have wasted ur time and 2 min of my life I will never get back.

Really, learn to type.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

Golden Valley got changed because it was the only ftp server back then.  After taking the time to learn the game, players had to pay premium to go to the other servers, and most just stayed on GV, never bothering to go premium to try anything more of the game.  Besides, to learn the game on GV most had built a house and farm, they did not want to move and start over.  It really killed new subscriptions.  So, while I agree that the tutorial still needs a lot of rethinking, a starter server has already proven to be a problem.

Really, learn to type.

Lmfao got to watch this it's brilliant.

Ok look guys,

For Vote Poll Number.1  

Do we need the devs to advertise Wurm on steam to improve server population to make the game more fun?

It would be nice for wurm to be on Steam but then if you think about it, look on Xanadu right now, We get lag constantly and if we get massive players (Old GV days) Then it Would lag massively and then you would be kicked out of the game and have a wait to just get in it.

Do you think the price they charge is acceptable for an MMO that has so much wrong with it and a none existent player base?

Right now I do not think the price is good, If they fixed a few bugs, Twinked a couple things,  and a little more then yes, it would be fine right now, until then I think it would be lowered by atleast 40% of what it is right now.

Who feels that we should stand as 1 to make the devs listen to what we as a community want ?

Come on guys, you are thinking of yourselves, Do you see how many people are under GM on the forums? I mean it is insane! Wurm has very few GM's. But Enki is trying his best on trying to get GM's etc to answer support calls, if we have a  low amount of GM's and Dev's then how are they going to put in and do everything that the community wants?

Look at these logs,  I will Show the important parts.

Logging started 2014-07-14
[17:44:52] <Enki> Hello, GM responding to your support call <NOT SAYING>
<After the support Call>
[17:54:14] <Ninjaslice> question btrw
[17:54:16] <Ninjaslice> btw*
[17:54:40] <Ninjaslice> if it was that easy, Why exactly did it take about 7 hours for a GM to respond?
[17:55:26] <Enki> Unfortuantely our active GM's on weekends is too low.  I am working on that.  This is a recent issue due to some retirements
[17:55:38] <Enki> and we have a lot of case work on Sundays
[17:55:49] <Ninjaslice> Ahhhhhh
[17:55:49] <Enki> its not good
[17:55:55] <Ninjaslice> yeah
[17:55:57] <Enki> I will get it fixed
[17:56:00] <Ninjaslice> considering Kids play on Weekends lol
[17:56:17] <Ninjaslice> ok man thx, take care
[17:56:22] <Enki> you are welcome

So Enki is "trying" so cut them some slack for once ok?

Steam would be the best thing that ever happened to Wurm the only issue is that Wurm cannot cope with the amount of players it would attract on steam.

• Like 1

Ok look guys,

For Vote Poll Number.1

Do we need the devs to advertise Wurm on steam to improve server population to make the game more fun?

It would be nice for wurm to be on Steam but then if you think about it, look on Xanadu right now, We get lag constantly and if we get massive players (Old GV days) Then it Would lag massively and then you would be kicked out of the game and have a wait to just get in it. So what the devs need to be doing is making the servers stable clean up all the bugs and stop wasting there time things that are not important ATM turtles seals sharks Xanadu unless this was a test to see how it would cope with an influx of players and if this is so tell us.

Do you think the price they charge is acceptable for an MMO that has so much wrong with it and a none existent player base?

Right now I do not think the price is good, If they fixed a few bugs, Twinked a couple things, and a little more then yes, it would be fine right now, until then I think it would be lowered by atleast 40% of what it is right now.

Who feels that we should stand as 1 to make the devs listen to what we as a community want ?

Come on guys, you are thinking of yourselves, Do you see how many people are under GM on the forums? I mean it is insane! Wurm has very few GM's. But Enki is trying his best on trying to get GM's etc to answer support calls, if we have a low amount of GM's and Dev's then how are they going to put in and do everything that the community wants?

Look at these logs, I will Show the important parts.

Logging started 2014-07-14

[17:44:52] <Enki> Hello, GM responding to your support call <NOT SAYING><After the support Call>

[17:54:14] <Ninjaslice> question btrw

[17:54:16] <Ninjaslice> btw*

[17:54:40] <Ninjaslice> if it was that easy, Why exactly did it take about 7 hours for a GM to respond?

[17:55:26] <Enki> Unfortuantely our active GM's on weekends is too low. I am working on that. This is a recent issue due to some retirements

[17:55:38] <Enki> and we have a lot of case work on Sundays

[17:55:49] <Ninjaslice> Ahhhhhh

[17:55:49] <Enki> its not good

[17:55:55] <Ninjaslice> yeah

[17:55:57] <Enki> I will get it fixed

[17:56:00] <Ninjaslice> considering Kids play on Weekends lol

[17:56:17] <Ninjaslice> ok man thx, take care

[17:56:22] <Enki> you are welcome

So Enki is "trying" so cut them some slack for once ok?

I don't really care how much pressure the gms devs have that's there job not mine, all I care about is playing the game but for me it's not playable. I want to set up a new deed that I have designed but to build it I will need to recruit lots of villagers and there lies the problem there is no one to recruit. Wurm is a team player game yes it can be solo and have done this but it becomes boring and lonely. Edited by Swistony

I don't really care how much pressure the gms devs have that's there job not mine, all I care about is playing the game but for me it's not playable. I want to set up a new deed that I have designed but to build it I will need to recruit lots of villagers and there lies the problem there is no one to recruit. Wurm is a team player game yes it can be solo and have done this but it becomes boring and lonely.

So you're too lazy to build the deed you yourself have designed, and your abrasive personality prevents you recruiting the many, many other players in game to help you.Yet you think Steam is going to help either of these problems? Wurm is not the problem, it's you.

• Like 4

So you're too lazy to build the deed you yourself have designed, and your abrasive personality prevents you recruiting the many, many other players in game to help you.Yet you think Steam is going to help either of these problems? Wurm is not the problem, it's you.

Lol keep your skirt on. As I said I have done solo built a few deeds already this 1 is to big for just me lazy has nothing to do with it. On desertion right now there are 31 players on some of that figure will be alts I don't think you can say 31 is many lol. For my personality I'm a lovely man. Oh and wurms problem is the devs and the vets and all the people who are to afraid for change is case it ruins there tight nit very little community you guys keep this game in the dark ages.

Edited by Swistony

You might want to edit Your post my friend

Lol keep your skirt on. As I said I have done solo built a few deeds already this 1 is to big for just me lazy has nothing to do with it. On desertion right now there are 31 players on some of that figure will be alts I don't think you can say 31 is many lol. For my personality I'm a lovely man. Oh and wurms problem is the devs and the vets and all the people who are to afraid for change is case it ruins there tight nit very little community you guys keep this game in the dark ages.

I have played this game for 5 Years and I am down for changes, so relaxe. Some people do want changes and some don't.

If you get a group and they all agree that would be different so until then... Relaxe.

Ok there's 400 on Xanadu can I take my main toon there and keep my skills or would I have to start over?

Normal cross-server sail, no skill loss.  You can even pack all your belongings on a ship and hop over......... as for horses, John Kerry promised to host those talks after he's done with some business in the Mediterranean.

Normal cross-server sail, no skill loss.  You can even pack all your belongings on a ship and hop over......... as for horses, John Kerry promised to host those talks after he's done with some business in the Mediterranean.

Thank you good to here