Sign in to follow this  

Advertising  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need the devs to advertise Wurm on steam to improve server population to make the game more fun?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the price they charge is acceptable for an MMO that has so much wrong with it and a none existent player base?

• Yes the price is right
    • Yes if the game had fuller servers
    • Yes if the devs spent there efforts on what the players want not what the devs think they want.
    • No the price should be lowerd
    • i think the price is fine as the game stands now
  3. 3. Who feels that we should stand as 1 to make the devs listen to what we as a community want ?

• Yes we need to stand together
    • No they are doing a good job so we should leave them alone

Hi guys im back and im really missing Wurm but still don't want to part with my hard earned cash for game that has got worse not better since Xanadu. Server population seems to be worse than ever and ive been in the back ground reading the forums about players concerns but as usual they get slagged off and nothing gets done. So i think its time to stand as 1 if you like me love wurm but but feel the game is lost and going nowhere put your thoughts here.

My main thing i want is to see better advertising (Steam it works ) because this game is an  Masive Mutiplayer Online 

Elevation players

37/400

Deliverance players

36/400

Pristine players

24/400

Independence players

54/800

Exodus players

16/800

Celebration players

17/400

Serenity players

51/400

Desertion players

28/400

Xanadu players

262/2000

Golden Valley players

1/400

Release players

45/400

Chaos players

49/800

Affliction players

4/400

Total players

624/8000

Dont look like it to me.

So come on i think we can all agree that Wurm need a lot more players and it would make playing so much better. 

So lets stick together and get the devs to do something about it. 

They are putting out regular updates, with major bug fixes, and I think steam is the devil of gaming.

There are still long standing issues, but each week more get ironed out. I am patient, hopefully others can be too.

Also, f**kk steam.

Edit: also spaming every other topic will get you nowhere other than hopefully deleted posts and a warning.

edit2: I recomend everyone report this user for spamming. He is derailing other topics with pointless copy/paste

Edited by GorgonKain
  • Like 3

-1 to steam. +1 for any other attempt of advertising.

Dude, it's tuesday morning in Europe, earlier in America. Go away with your numbers.

Edited by Samool
  • Like 5

Advertising: They need to target people who would actually like this game. One problem with the last advert effort on MMORPG was a lot of people who saw the add probably wouldn't have liked Wurm. 

The price is comparatively high compared to other mmo's -- to experience all the game as to offer, that is. In Xsyon I can experience all the game as to offer for 10 usd/month. And for many other games I can think of also offer "all the game as to offer" for 10 to 15 usd/month.  What does it cost in wurm:

- Premium is 9usd (12 month sub) to ~12usd (1 prem + 1 s);

- Deed upkeep ~4.3 usd/month (2s upkeep and not considering tile buy costs) and this really don't fit "all the game as to offer" but I'm going with it anyway;

- Priest premium varies. It depends on how many priests and batteries you have. I'd say its at least equal to one premium guy.

- Spending silver so you can trade ~ 5 usd/month. This is another modest figure.

The only good thing here is with enough skill and play time you can turn this expensive scheme into free play or even real life profits. Although, I'd rather just pay 15 usd/month and have a crafter, priest, a ~ 750 tile deed and a some currency to trade with others.

I prefer a humble code monkey, not a now-it-all god-like attitude. Just because you know how to write code doesn't mean you know what's best for players. What it means is that you know to make the players wishes come true.

• Like 1

Why cant we stand together in support of wurms current direction and action? Those who disagree with the system to the point of using polls and post to bash the staff and the game are in the minority.

Steam would not work for this game, look at any other survival based game on steam, full of trolls, griefers and those who just abuse the system to gain their own fun from ruining it for others.

As for advertising, steps have been made towards promotion of the game, and while small, it shows they are working on promoting this game and as time goes on it will get better.

I honestly don't understand those that complain about wurms lack of advertising, if you want people to join, invite them, tell them about the game and what it has to offer, if it has bugs, tell them about it, and how best to avoid its impact, we are the best advertising tool wurm has, that's the voice we need

• Like 10

I don't know how having more players would make the game better. Improving the actual game itself would do that.

More players, more Drama.

If any of us are to stand as one against something... it should be against trolls that have spelling mistakes, incorrect grammar, and otherwise rebel rouse for the sake of rebel rousing.

I for a very long time disagreed with the way Rolf ran things.  However, in recent years he's turned this ship around.  We're no longer headed for that iceberg but rather a better future as a community and as a growing game.  We are being listened to, a dev team can only do so many things at once.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 5

1.) The Steam community is not the one right for this game for the most part, but some other form of promotion would be great, just not Steam.

2.) A lot of people left after the price hike last May.  For awhile it was kind of taxing having to pay for premium and coins for my deeds.  I still pay for my premium with real world cash to help support the game, and help hoard away my in game silver, but I'm now skilled enough I can cover my expenses with in game work.  Just don't play beyond your means and you should get by just fine.

3.) This question is absurd to the core.  Player opinion is split enough that no good consensus could be made, and devs already listen to the community quite a bit, more so than a lot of other games.  How do we unite as 1 anyways?  Form a union and refuse to pay for anything in game?  Call people who still play Wurm scabs?  Sorry, not my style.

Edited by ShadowRonin
  • Like 1

You should have seen how things "progressed" back in the day. Vynora have mercy.

The development of this game has accelerated. I think it will steadily get better and with more content, pulling people in.

Of course, much more can always be done marketing-wise.

• Like 1

[11:50:59] 2 other players are online. You are on Xanadu (16 totally in Wurm).

Look, look! Servers are empty!

+1 for advetising, but Steam would bring loads of dumb players. Unless there would be some "tutorial server" where you would sit for few first hours/until reaching some skill. This way most people would quit, and only few of the annoying ones would pass through.

• Like 1

1.) The Steam community is not the one right for this game for the most part, but some other form of promotion would be great, just not Steam.

How can people be saying this about Steam?

Of course not everyone on Steam is going to enjoy Wurm, but there's going to be a large amount of people who actively use steam that would enjoy Wurm. It's not some big gathering of people with exactly the same opinions towards games. There's millions of people, all with different tastes.

I myself, and a lot of Wurmian-friends had steam accounts long before we even knew of Wurm's existence.

Edited by BrokenSanity
  • Like 5

why don't we let Rolf decide what he want to do with his game 

and if we don't agree with his way of doing things 

then leave (just like people do with other games)

sry forgot we cant leave wurm, we can only take vacation from it :)

• Like 4

I'm set, my perimeter is also set, no steamians are entering my local, ever. ^_^

• Like 4

-1 I like the smallness of this community, essentially full of dedicated players. while steam would boost the number of players, adding bored teens would not add anything to wurm aside from some extra coin and minecraft analogies.

Edited by Leroy
  • Like 1

Somehow i agree with you apart from the non existent player base. This game doesnt need tens of thousands of players. There are people complaining that theres no space on Xanadu already.

Edited by atazs

To "stand as 1" is a policy that I will never follow. Independent thinking is always best, as well as following ones own path. I find the policy to stand united in anything to be offensive, which leads to a follower type mentality and weakness about standing up for ones own beliefs.

As for the direction the game takes, I pay that no concern. Not my responsibility. In the process I will sometimes comment upon things that I either agree with or disagree with. That's the extent of my involvement. I am quite content otherwise to leave it up to the Dev's to do the work in this area and not mess with the process.

=Ayes=

• Like 4

the game increased development over the years and it had success in it's own niché, dont forget that this started with ONE person and those who play it are often core players who stay for longer time, that's a success also.  It actually wouldn't survive with too many players in my opinion.

If you want to compare rolfs business with success of other games, think more in the way of PUBs :)

rolfs game is like the corner pub every local knows about, it's beeing told by mouth that he makes awesome food and beer and some special booze that no one else has. he will never have a popularity like World of warcraft or Halo, but he will stand, for a long time with lots of long time costumers.

While other games are more like McDonalds just spreading all over the world with nice fancy graphics but cheapest and most common booze :P

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 3

If any of us are to stand as one against something... it should be against trolls that have spelling mistakes, incorrect grammar, and otherwise rebel rouse for the sake of rebel rousing.

I believe you mean "rabble rousing."

Just because it's too funny to let it pass. :)

• Like 1

I have a better idea, how about we start issuing forum bans? :)

• Like 1

Dumb poll, option 1 and 5 of the second question are the same.

Option 1: Yes the price is right

Option 5: i think the price is fine as the game stands now

Send OP back to school. :)

Let's see if I can drop constructive criticism without a troll fest ensuing, for ONCE.... 

I think the main problem Wurm has, as a whole, with all its ramifications, is that Rolf still runs this more like a personal project instead of a business.  Problem being, it thus relies on players' wallets, and retention work could be better thus.

As for bringing in a couple thousand new players, I agree with those who'd rather not see them, specially Steam, since right now the only thing that keeps griefers sooooooooooorta at bay is a set of no-rule suggestions, which winds up in player and griefer stating their case to the GM.  So a trial where both parties can't hear each other, and rely on the judge's personal opinion on the matter.

So both in the business aspect and the player-staff relationships, it's mostly one giant guessworking gamble when it comes to deciding whether to buy that extra silver or not.  I'd throw the rest of my gaming budget into Wurm, but instead keep a game or two on the side because there's always that background doubt on whether the next big decision that comes out of Sweden will make the game rock, or will be the reason to C4 my deed and never look back.

In short, Wurm is kinda like that really funny, great cook, intelligent, drop-dead hawt girlfriend that one wouldn't marry because she can also be extremely bipolar.

• Like 1

Vote with your wallet, not stupid polls that will accomplish nothing.