Sign in to follow this  
Leroy

value of strange bones?

I see them in auctions going for 30-50s...

how. collectors? because I don't see a rare knarr or carvel going for 80s-1g

is there something I'm not seeing?are drake and scale going to start glowing?

I'm just seeing a bubble.

I think the biggest point is that it does give you the ability to make whatever item you choose rare, thus adding some price in just that freedom.

You have the freedom to choose, that alone is adding a lot to it.

Someone might have one loved tool/weapon/armor piece, and they have a chance to make it even greater.

People don't try to make a profit out of it, that's what explains the price.

It only may seem high in eyes of people who do want profit.

Edited by silakka

you have to think bigger then what most people are thinking.

Rare of your choice....Summer hat? Dragonscale? Drake hide? Fountain pan for the win? lol.

Many high-end things that are worth a LOT more rare, thus making them worth a lot.

Also on the collecting side of things: Sigs. People seem to like having things they made rared too.

Your unable to make rare boats - unfinished or not *tested it*. I think a lot of people use them on drake or scale parts but I could be wrong.

PvPers buy em to turn glim weps rare, there's not enough glim to just chain imp until it goes rare, so they crack the bones to do so. Rare weps have higher crit chance, so yeah.

I see them in auctions going for 30-50s...

how. collectors? because I don't see a rare knarr or carvel going for 80s-1g

is there something I'm not seeing?are drake and scale going to start glowing?

I'm just seeing a bubble.

Check out the players that purchase these for those prices, then from their history of forum posts you can get an idea of where they have obtained their silver coins from. When the source of these silver coins is very inexpensive, this devalues them in comparison to where other players might have to purchase these same silver coins from. With this in effect, prices are distorted by those who have obtained these silver coins from those methods.

Certainly very few individuals even more rare than those items would purchase those coins from the Wurm Shop and then pay these prices converted into the real life dollars that those coins cost for these items. This is the bigger picture of the prices paid for items within Wurm being inflated for this reason. If everyone had to purchase their coins from the Wurm Shop reality would once again intrude into the picture in terms of cost.

Doesn't concern me much really, since I would never even consider spending my real life money for items such as this under the conditions that I have outlined. This is just more of a commentary of the situation. Sort of a bubble based upon a devalued currency from those that print it as seen with currencies in some countries, in a way.

*shrugs*

=Ayes=

20/25s for a rare should be a good price... afterall you can find most rare on the market for 3/6s already. Only show one thing :

uniques respawns aren't fast enough.

Picked a bone up for 16s and turned my 103fb glimmer sword rare. Went from being worth around 20-25s for the sword to 40+ probably. Not to mention I got the sword out of a kill, so it was free. :)