Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Lets see your artistic side!

I'm just going to leave this here, and then I will come back to see what happens.

I'm just going to leave this here, and then I will come back to see what happens.

http://sketchtoy.com/62369650 Turn up the vibration to 10 or 20 and it turns into a Beach Volley game!

lol drawing with a laptop touchpad - not the easiest thing in the world.

• Like 3

Here you go guys here's something I did today. A friend of mine asked me to sketch up a rough design for a dream catcher tattoo. I'm not entirely happy with this but I'm sure I'll give it another shot once I've had some more input for the person I'm drawing it for. Turns out drawing feathers....is not my strongest point. :P

HEzRSY3.jpg

Edited by boombza
  • Like 1

Feathers are actually quite easy, I think some people over think it at times. You simply have to understand the feel of a feather and then represent that through the lines.

So to achieve that feeling on your drawing, you'd have to just get rid of the outline, it makes it feel a tad stiff. and just soften the edges. I would personally do it line by line, it requires a bit more effort but it's worth it to get the correct look :) 

Other than that it looks great, and kudos to being brave enough to design someone elses tattoo.. I've always declined when asked, feels like a burden to me haha. 

Thats an excellent criticism, if I can add to it, I would also say, that for that kind of thing, dont make the outlines run around the whole object (feather), you can leave the border open in some of the fluffy parts.

• Like 1

That's right I said Artistic, not Autistic! 

In my experience Wurm Online is a pretty creative kind of community with tons of cool peeps and in the past I've see Wurm art threads etc but I don't recall a general artsy sorta thread. So here we go, feel free to share some pictures, videos etc whatever other media you enjoy :)

To start things off here's afew bits of lineart that I've been requested to do lately by friends and such for tattoo designs and things.

6CGbmb9.jpg

E8KGuJs.jpg

IhVSTWX.jpg

got some good meat to this...though the wolf doesn't speak to me directly in having a tattoo of one..if i did i'd want that one..awesome design..celtic a  bit, great lines..love the breath vapors..make me think of them on the tundra when you see the steam coming off their mouths after or preparing for a hunt in the cold

• Like 1

got some good meat to this...though the wolf doesn't speak to me directly in having a tattoo of one..if i did i'd want that one..awesome design..celtic a  bit, great lines..love the breath vapors..make me think of them on the tundra when you see the steam coming off their mouths after or preparing for a hunt in the cold

Honestly the "Breath lines are accidental. They're the left overs from my first attempt at the wolf design which you can *faintly" see facing the other way and alot larger. Trouble is I think i got alittle over excited and decided to put in some really heavy lines which even when erased show up quite clearly. But honestly I'm glad it turned out the way it did. The image of a wolf howling at the moon it's breath steaming up into the air is somewhat Iconic. :)

Not quite happy with this yet, needs some airbrushing or something.

jesterhat.jpg

• Like 4

I've kidnapped the cobra king cuz he's my best friend, so i replaced him with a king bull. Complete with a bucket of WL tears...

j4KGXDW.png

For all you carebears out there(especially lorenamontana) this is for you:

Oo4xaOl.jpg

• Like 6

I've kidnapped the cobra king cuz he's my best friend, so i replaced him with a king bull. Complete with a bucket of WL tears...

j4KGXDW.png

For all you carebears out there(especially lorenamontana) this is for you:

Oo4xaOl.jpg

• Like 1

Here you guys have this! This is actually a first draft mock up of a chest tattoo for myself, the circular design of it is  to fit around an existing smaller tattoo. Needs alot of work but it'll get there :)

7eodEDG.jpg

• Like 3

Here you guys have this! This is actually a first draft mock up of a chest tattoo for myself, the circular design of it is  to fit around an existing smaller tattoo. Needs alot of work but it'll get there :)

7eodEDG.jpg

Emoo, I tell you this with peace & love!

It is a very nice picture, although I dont totally dig the mix weird knife thing with cartoonized dragon, but its a nice drawing.  Now, always keep in mind that I like the picture, and that I say this with peace & love, peace & love!

Okay, first of all, light sources are all over the place, sometimes you have your light source from the top left, sometimes from bottom right, and specular lights in every direction.    I understand that metal is highly reflective, so keeping the light sources a bit more simple will make it easier to read.

Now, speaking about tattooes, I asume you are taking it to a very talented professional, if you are doing so, you should fork up some extra cash and have the guy redisign it. The abstract knife thing is pretty good, just needs a steadier hand, but the dragon thing could use a lot of work, unless you are going for the cartoonish style.

(Dragon specifics: elbows and knees look weird, actually the limbs have muscles in odd places, and the belly has too much work, compared to the sides and back of it, the stripes in the abdominal area are too detailed compared to the plain skin you put otherwise, this creates a focal point, and graphical weight in a place you may not want to.... unless that was your idea from the start.)

To clarify yes I always get my tattoos redrawn by whoever does them. Mainly because everyone has their own unique way of doing things, not only does this make the tattoo artist more comfortable with what they're doing it will definitely end up with a much better end product. The "knife thing" which you're referring to is mean to somewhat resemble a celtic knoting sequence. But on the lower half of the drawing I "Lost" the third strand haha. I realise the light sources are all of the place with this drawing I was simply experimenting with trying emphasis specific parts of the knot.

I was definitely aiming for the cartoonish style with the dragon and I realise that the "muscles" may appear to be in odd places but really that doesn't bother me. The face arms and legs of the dragon I'm really quite happy with how they ended up as they're pretty much exactly as I wanted them to. Obviously on my next mock up I'm going to adjust the width and position of the tail, because as you can see it's all over the place really. I completely changed my mind about how I was going to finish the lower half of the picture as you can see with some of the actual penned in lines crossing over :P I will also be changing the size of the wings as I'm not really happy with how they've ended up either. 

As I said this isn't anywhere near the finished product and when i say mock up, I definitely mean mock up. Thanks for the critique though, it's all food for thought and valuable!  :) 

PKt7Tkr.jpg

Words say,

To: Silakka

Boombza inspired me to post some of my art so this is my take on a drake set I know there's many errors to it. Also this is dedicated to my two prince's in a white drake set you know who you are.

Edited by Emmanuel
  • Like 6

Being kind to you for no reason has paid off xD

I finally got a drake set from u!

Nice work, and the evolution animation was rly creative

• Like 1

Current project work in progress;
Another one of my OC, Imogen :) 

20140730_171943~2.jpg

My core tools

musthaves-01.jpg

Your shading is solid! Just need to work on clean lines a bit, do you or have you tried using french curves? Thy're like my favorite illustration tools.. Second to the smudging stumps(all hail the smudging stumps)

Edited by boombza
  • Like 6

Current project work in progress;

Another one of my OC, Imogen :) 

20140730_171943~2.jpg

My core tools

musthaves-01.jpg

Your shading is solid! Just need to work on clean lines a bit, do you or have you tried using french curves? Thy're like my favorite illustration tools.. Second to the smudging stumps(all hail the smudging stumps)

I want to think she's saying bad things to me...but the look really says..move one foot closer and i'll rip out your larynx with my sickle in one swift hook move -  seems like something rosedragon would do

Edited by Greasygrundle
  • Like 3

Magranon shall guide you, mountains will fall and rise in the wake of The Aura. When Sun and moon flee, the scales will tip and set you free.

J1APaHn.jpg

• Like 4

Doodling a bit during the weekend.  Im really rusty with the tablet, trying to get comfortable again with digital media.

146645343033873.jpg

3d1ded343034957.jpg

cd6056343035724.jpg

0a4ad0343035853.jpg

• Like 3