Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Lets see your artistic side!

That's right I said Artistic, not Autistic! 

In my experience Wurm Online is a pretty creative kind of community with tons of cool peeps and in the past I've see Wurm art threads etc but I don't recall a general artsy sorta thread. So here we go, feel free to share some pictures, videos etc whatever other media you enjoy :)

To start things off here's afew bits of lineart that I've been requested to do lately by friends and such for tattoo designs and things.

6CGbmb9.jpg

E8KGuJs.jpg

IhVSTWX.jpg

• Like 18

I've made 'em beats and bars in me days:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCbUtlfwYjU

Article, in swedish:

http://magasinetnovell.se/2012/01/14/permoman-vad-fan-glor-du-pa/ - long as hell, 6 pages, but is quite readable with google translator.

"Since Permoman was invented eight years ago, he has developed into a dark and strange alter ego. Permoman rap boundless about how disgusting he is, that he never gets to have sex and death. The lyrics, which you must listen very carefully to the to perceive, is the boundary between reality and fiction.

Eric likes to explore the human unpleasant sides." 

Edited by permo
  • Like 13

Those things takes patience to make (1st and 3rd )

Small part of my drawings

Pencils

7aa30d6ee6e2b407b768f3da8d76f592-d6tqyb4

cat_by_jmartys-d6twqcf.jpg

3_by_jmartys-d6vgk2v.jpg

macrocat_by_jmartys-d70ykbb.jpg

Pastels

3_by_jmartys-d79wir4.jpg

owl4_by_jmartys-d7fjdlh.jpgsausainis_ant_kats_by_jmartys-d7mc4th.jp

If anyone using pastels i would need some advice ( started not so long ago )

• Like 7

I wish I understood swedish :( musically it is well done and interesting to listen too.

Not very grand, but this website has some of the video game music I have made through the years, and crappy stories I feel like are bad enough to let the public see xP

http://www.freewebs.com/beowulfstories/music.htm

Oh yeah, there is my zombie story from when I RP'd a priest on Dead Frontier in the Misc. Section... Good times...

Edited by GorgonKain
  • Like 3

If anyone using pastels i would need some advice ( started not so long ago )

I've done abit of stuff with pastels. Not sure what advice more specifically you'd like but I'm happy to share anything I've learnt which may prove to be useful to anyone else. :)

This was a pastel Emu that I drew on lots of sheets of old newspaper which were then assembled together  to create a nearly lifesized Emu that was then mounted onto a wooden back board. Before sandpapering back the outsides and applying various washes and texturing effects to the wood and to the drawing it's self. I also did a Australian Possum and Kookaburra (Bird) to accompany the Emu which were given their own separate mountings. Sorry for the terrible picture quality! These were done a good few years ago now and I'd like to think I've improved since then! :P

nwMDUyG.jpg

Dnf2T2f.jpg

BqxF7HL.jpg

oB5LHF2.jpg

Here's something alittle more recent with Charcoal and white pastel. I normally suck so hard at drawing people, especially faces, I just can never get them quite right but this one I was pretty happy with in the end :D

LxQckzp.jpg

I wish I understood swedish  :( musically it is well done and interesting to listen too.

Not very grand, but this website has some of the video game music I have made through the years, and crappy stories I feel like are bad enough to let the public see xP

http://www.freewebs.com/beowulfstories/music.htm

Oh yeah, there is my zombie story from when I RP'd a priest on Dead Frontier in the Misc. Section... Good times...

Really cool stuff mate. It's bizarre that when i listened to your music I could sort imagine in my mind eyes what type of game I was playing and what was happening :P

Permo any chance there's an English translation for that song? 

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 3

A sketch of my son from way back when he was a wee babby.  Still one of my favourites.

5Km9VsQ.jpg

Some relatively recent watercolours:

OoWxsQV.jpg

XAk8a6o.jpg

OtWtxgi.jpg

p3aL0Wc.jpg

3OxWWNN.jpg

b311lYD.jpg

Another sketch:

JGNiJVT.jpg

A (censored) digital painting I never got around to finishing:

axK8cEO.jpg

Digital doodling/experimenting with tools/filters:

4wEqWxy.jpg

• Like 6

Really nice stuff everyone :) I wished I could draw like that, my drawing skills stuck at kindergarten level. Linking my art (music! yaay) isn't such a good idea I would think, haha. Nonetheless I really enjoy the stuff that has been coming by so far, keep it coming :) (hopefully also more people into music!)

And just to show off my kindergarten drawing skills..

Wwkhc5G.png

Yes, I was not kidding. :)

Edited by Viti
  • Like 4

I went to design studies in college had a few assignments (i didn't pass the class cuz i couldn't present them perfectly enough :()

Cut art, looks decent spread out but folded up it didn't make much sense:

03720b09b8.jpg

Scratchboard art rough draft (warning has a snake in it ;))

03f7923d1a.jpg

Finally word art (the teacher didn't like it because it was too simple, but it took a few days):

7b83392937.jpg

• Like 7

I can't draw... I'm more interested in music. I'm not great at it but I like doing it, to me that's what matters. The only thing I can show you is from my younger years when I wore baggy pants and t-shirts to my knees, lol. I never got around to release anything before I was more and more drawn towards pop/rock.

This is some old stuff, excuse my english ^^ (can hear my birds in the background, gaaah)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPrS7ntDJog&list=UUQtJh9uDLE_m954U4HuErFQ

A guitar beat. Gave them out the swedish hiphop community Whoa, some people seemed to like them. :)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ELj_1ZLRY&index=24&list=UUQtJh9uDLE_m954U4HuErFQ

Permo, wurm rap next? haha B)

• Like 8

Swedish rap supergroup with wurm-esque lyrics? I'm down to that!

• Like 3

Wurm's got some talent alrite. Keep posting I love seeing art from our community :)

Most recent work of mine;

like_the_wind_by_boombza-d7rfux5.jpg

• Like 11

I also have no visual artistic skills to speak of, can write though. Never attempted Wurmian poetry, but now I might have to.

I always feel like if I write something for Wurm that is fiction I would misrepresent the huge real history it has.

"You've reached your quota of positive votes for the day!" Nuuuuuuu. But seriously some really cool stuff here Sharkin that's so cool stuff man and Boombza that's some seriously impressive skills there, I have pencil envy!

Emoo, I want a giant blown up version of that centaur ;-; that would look beast in stained glass

• Like 2

I don't have ANY artistic skills, the only thing I made myself is concept art and some simple icons (like the ones in first DeedPlanner menu bar). This is probably the reason why I am making tools for Wurm instead of games. :D

jFqZ0sj.jpg

If you consider something made via code "artistic", here is my (very) old 2d lighting test:

57OM3tk.png

Another "artistic code" example (warning - huge GIF, sorry for low FPS): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67758055/jgo/nebulas.gif

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 3

I don't have ANY artistic skills, the only thing I made myself is concept art and some simple icons (like the ones in first DeedPlanner menu bar). This is probably the reason why I am making tools for Wurm instead of games. :D

jFqZ0sj.jpg

If you consider something made via code "artistic", here is my (very) old 2d lighting test:

57OM3tk.png

Another "artistic code" example (warning - huge GIF, sorry for low FPS): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67758055/jgo/nebulas.gif

Really like that second link really awesome effect :)

I had a bunch of pics on imageshack, but they ask me to pay, to get the direct links, so I can just post thumbnails, sorry.

ink on brush and green sharpie marker.

39504410151130878107476.jpg

Digital without reference

perro2u.jpg

Digital with reference

gatoopencanvas.jpg

And mixed media. (latex paint, ink on brush, guache, glue)

wallpic.jpg

02 rottring and a lot of patience.

curaymexica3ig.jpg

Edited by Rathgar
  • Like 8

Edited by Guruen
Removed inappropriate image
  • Like 5

I translated a Swedish song into English once because "why not"

http://aerisu.tumblr.com/post/80034037779/i-was-listening-to-petra-marklund-formerly-known

I've adapted the lyrics so that it'll still fit into the original melody, so I think it counts towards creativity at least a little.

The original song, by Petra Marklund / September:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4fB9EXpMTI

• Like 4

I would love to have those pics on the side of a car.  don't want anyone drawing on me though.

Here you go guys here's something I did today. A friend of mine asked me to sketch up a rough design for a dream catcher tattoo. I'm not entirely happy with this but I'm sure I'll give it another shot once I've had some more input for the person I'm drawing it for. Turns out drawing feathers....is not my strongest point. :P

HEzRSY3.jpg 

Also here's a picture of one of my many "bored and thinking" doodles. These designs I do alot of actually but they're extremely meditative to draw because it only ever uses one line throughout. Which makes it kind of ideal for idle doodles that both look kinda cool but require almost no attention to detail. 

56WhvJM.jpg

• Like 4