Tarkie

Glass smithing

Glass smithing!  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to invent the glass?

• Yes
    • No
    • What do i care

I just wanted to bump an old topic but found it as achieved here.

I have the red and white wine but no glass to share a drink with my friends... Unacceptable!

Lots of items can be created with glass on its own or combining it with some other materials... (Just take a look arround irl)

Should be able to dye it.

Different items created with glass should use different skills. Such as weapons that includes glass should use weaponsmithing, windows should use masonary or carpentry, bs-jw-armorsmithing-shieldsmithing etc.

Creating the glass should use metallurgy skills. A sand glowing from heat and maybe a new tool to create it?

Anyways we are way beyond the schedule, we are in 1041! we need to invent the glass now!

Share opinions pls.

PS: According to wiki, the glass was found bc2500 irl

Glass-Ball.jpg

• Like 5

I voted YES for crafting Alchemy potions....bottles....windows and all other Glass items + 1 ;)

i vote no we Need that not first we Need fic bug on pvp sever than work on freedom server

• Like 3

i vote no we Need that ###### not first we Need fic bug on pvp sever than work on freedom server

well that was productive ... +1 for glass 

Edited by Calimdor
  • Like 2

Voted no. The last thing we need is more pointless stuff. Let's get some fixes first.

• Like 1

well it'll still rain and be foggy in houses if we had glass windows.
But i doubt that'll change for years.

+1

+1

Would open the road for, longer term, making alchemy and natural substances a bit more "complete"...

Really random example: Potions can be improved with

A glass rod to stir

Has to be heated in a flask where flask ql does something or other

Distilled (glass is way better since it's non-reactive compared to metals, so no impurity issues)

Ingredients used for the last two "imping item slots" for a full 5.

Also, if Rolf ever decides it's time for us to be affected by temperatures, we're gonna need thermometers.................... and hallucinations from mercury poisoning for glassmakers when that happens ^_^

well they can also make it like clay making - can not be improved after finished only broken down and tried again

well glass is already in the game as potions and yellow potions I mean sure we can not craft them but

however tons of fun things could be made with glass from windows to stained windows to all kinds of storage devices and who knows what else

We should be able to make glass.

Creating the glass should use metallurgy skills.

Uh... metallurgy? Did not know glass was considered a metal these days...

+1, it's not the same drinking wine out of pottery..

I feel very Roman with my red wine in my clay jars.

Well imo it fits best in metallurgy among current skills.

Ofc can add a new skill called Glass Making or something like that, i just gave an opinion. i dont rly mind how they will (if ever) add this to wurm as long as they add it.

PS: Just so we 'r clear, my metallurgy is below 5 :)

i vote no we Need that ###### not first we Need fic bug on pvp sever than work on freedom server

How else will you make monocles for the fine gentleman that partake in pvp?

• Like 1

If glass didn't get its own skill (though it really should), I think jewelry smithing is probably the best choice.

This has been suggested so many times before, and I still give a +1. However, there are other more important things at the moment, such as PvP balancing and bug fixing.

+1 Green houses would be an interesting add. A place where plants can grow about a day faster if planted inside. Maybe something started off with a mallet or hammer, then glass and iron ribbons, plenty of them

I just wanted to bump an old topic but found it as achieved here.

I have the red and white wine but no glass to share a drink with my friends... Unacceptable!

Lots of items can be created with glass on its own or combining it with some other materials... (Just take a look arround irl)

Should be able to dye it.

Different items created with glass should use different skills. Such as weapons that includes glass should use weaponsmithing, windows should use masonary or carpentry, bs-jw-armorsmithing-shieldsmithing etc.

Creating the glass should use metallurgy skills. A sand glowing from heat and maybe a new tool to create it?

Anyways we are way beyond the schedule, we are in 1041! we need to invent the glass now!

Share opinions pls.

PS: According to wiki, the glass was found bc2500 irl

One, you shouldn't be able to dye glass.  However, you should be able to blend various metal lumps into plain glass to give it color, so in some ways it makes sense to be tied to metallurgy at least as far as adding colors to it.

++1 would love to see bottles and glass and heck y not hookahs too, made a simular thread about 2 years ago with the same idea and here we are