Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

"Make your own water source"

Ok now that I have your attention......... =P

Nice n' simple... add a second Well, call it say "Artesian Well" .. doesn't even need a new graphic though we won't complain about one.... same materials as a normal well except 5x the amount of brick and clay since you're making it deep.

For fountains, same models once again but uses 20 bricks, and 15x "iron pipes" (short for new item that eats 8kg of iron each), aka pipes jammed into the aquifer, so to speak.

Top-of-my-head figures, but all in all the effort to make those does seem par with pendulum swinging all over one's deed, with the difference that you don't have to build around your water spot's location.. as they rarely are on THE spot one wanted.

Now if this is too imba, could be watered down (see what i did there?), and make those artesian wells need to be CLOSE to a pendulum-found water source.  Would still need to find them, but would allow people to finally move that well/fountain two tiles to the left, or finally have that perimeter water source be usable on-deed.

• Like 4

If i can plant it next to my forge on the 3rd floor, +1 :D

best way would be to add in a water source item on a trader for 20-50 silver each

Years ago someone also recommended piping. Make a pipes (lead or fired clay) and bury them. Tiles with buried pipes count as a water source if connected by pipes to a real water source. This keeps the existing pve mechanic but allows far more versatility in placement, all while making effort = reward.

• Like 3

Never lacked water, but i love the idea, just like in normal life, u can find water almost everywhere just by digging deep :)
+1 ;)

Lol read that as making a source fountain or such, but if just making a new source of water, then ya +1

I'd agree with a version of deep wells that can be placed anywhere, or a piping system to add water accessibility wherever you want (like this one better).

I don't like the name artesian well, however. As that implies a specific type of geographic arrangement that should only exist over maybe half (at most) of the terrain. Building an artesian well at the top of a mountain, for instance, would be ridiculous.

• Like 1

Years ago someone also recommended piping. Make a pipes (lead or fired clay) and bury them. Tiles with buried pipes count as a water source if connected by pipes to a real water source. This keeps the existing pve mechanic but allows far more versatility in placement, all while making effort = reward.

This ^

Just make sure it has to be on the same deed as a water source to work. then you wouldnt need pipes.

or just 2 simple options is

all tiles on a deed are "water tiles" would help with crafters not having to run out every 2mins to refill - and yes I know I can do a barrel and refill and all that - but its just tedious and could be easier - and it doesn't break wurm to have easy access to water

or

water tower - guard tower sized structure takes 50 planks 10 wooden beams 20 shafts and 20 large nails - can be placed anywhere and slowly refill with water - why - because some people (especially ocd players and lets face it wurm attracts a ton of ocd people) like order in towns and the random well and fountain placement kinda is terrible at times as you have to build them in weird places - the extra resources would make them far harder as well but at same time new towns without access to high grade pendulums could still build them without the need for access to silver or gold

Some really nice and much needed ideas here. Personally idk which I like the best but I'm in total agreement that we need more/better options for locating wells and fountains where they are needed rather than where some random water tile is. 

Having said that I do find the idea of pipes to be intriguing. A new item to make and if we had pipes for water wouldn't we be one step closer to crop irrigation for better yields?

• Like 3

I like this idea, but amybe can we make a "Cystern" out of bricks and clays, which is buried on the water source, then buried pipes from that become water tiles themselves. At least as opposed to having to connect the pipes to an existing working well or fountain.

I'll have to try it myself... but I thought you can place a fountain/ well on any tile and get water, the only real factor with that is how slowly it would fill?

all my +1s to any way to improve water access on inland deeds, i have a pretty big deed and there is only one water tile on it and is not in a very convenient spot.

I'll have to try it myself... but I thought you can place a fountain/ well on any tile and get water, the only real factor with that is how slowly it would fill?

No. They only get water themselves when on a water tile. Or you fill them by hand.