Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

Xanadu Map

On 12.7.2016 at 5:10 AM, AndreC said:

Unfortunatley still no update on the login service being updated. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Maybe should consider a new way to maintain the map? It's been off like for months now and not really serving the purpose... Just saying.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kadmint said:

Maybe should consider a new way to maintain the map? It's been off like for months now and not really serving the purpose... Just saying.

Im working on a new type of map currently; hope to have something live in the next few days.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tallios said:

Im working on a new type of map currently; hope to have something live in the next few days.

It would be much appreciated if you manage to.

13 hours ago, AndreC said:

It would be much appreciated if you manage to.

Ok, ladies and gentlemen.... Here is what I am working on.

http://wurmmaps.com/

I've located a new program with which to annotate the details of deeds.  I just started and am currently working on the background support for this.

This map has the following functions available  Zoom, List, Search, and Individual annotation areas.

As listed on the site, it is currently under construction, and I will be adding in more in-depth information as time progresses.  

If anyone has any good pictures of Xanadu, I would greatly like a copy.

Additionally I would like any information to help pinpoint precise locations of the starter towns.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.  I hope to have a live product up by the end of July 2016.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2016 at 7:05 AM, Tallios said:

Ok, ladies and gentlemen.... Here is what I am working on.

http://wurmmaps.com/

I've located a new program with which to annotate the details of deeds.  I just started and am currently working on the background support for this.

This map has the following functions available  Zoom, List, Search, and Individual annotation areas.

As listed on the site, it is currently under construction, and I will be adding in more in-depth information as time progresses.  

If anyone has any good pictures of Xanadu, I would greatly like a copy.

Additionally I would like any information to help pinpoint precise locations of the starter towns.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.  I hope to have a live product up by the end of July 2016.

Could be good, i like that idea with deeds listing :) good luck with this project

btw, what about adding roads, canals etc?

Edited by Qdlaty

2 hours ago, Qdlaty said:

Could be good, i like that idea with deeds listing :) good luck with this project

btw, what about adding roads, canals etc?

I can post the canal's and what not, but i'll have to edit the background image.

1 hour ago, Tallios said:

I can post the canal's and what not, but i'll have to edit the background image.

Maybe edit map before adding deeds? could save problems with future as roads/canals not coming day by day like deeds

1 hour ago, Tallios said:

Maybe edit map before adding deeds? could save problems with future as roads/canals not coming day by day like deeds

lool sorry for  responses  my firefox is broken ;/

Edited by Qdlaty

55 minutes ago, Qdlaty said:

lool sorry for  responses  my firefox is broken ;/

No worries, I can edit the map graphics separately from the location points.

24 minutes ago, Tallios said:

No worries, I can edit the map graphics separately from the location points.

wouldn't roads/canals be better as a data layer - rather than editing the map graphics. A number of the roads on the current map are not as shown on the map - and many of them are not really roads as defined in the game rules, being only one tile wide.

Also some of them would appear to have either disappeared or been a work of fiction, as travelling across the server looking for rifts has found no roads in areas the map shows some.

Edited by Wulfmaer

9 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

wouldn't roads/canals be better as a data layer - rather than editing the map graphics. A number of the roads on the current map are not as shown on the map - and many of them are not really roads as defined in the game rules, being only one tile wide.

Also some of them would appear to have either disappeared or been a work of fiction, as travelling across the server looking for rifts has found no roads in areas the map shows some.

I'll look into on the software I'm using, thanks for the idea.

On 7/21/2016 at 8:54 AM, Tallios said:

I'll look into on the software I'm using, thanks for the idea.

The main problem in my opinion is that the map resolution is way too low. The same applies for the map we have now. Can someone compile a new image out of this map instead? Not take the data in there, just take the full resolution image from it.

• Like 1

North of Greymead: Tortuga Bay is now Alcatraz Island, Stonefish Harbor and Croocked View Bay are no more.

10 hours ago, Erlindur said:

The main problem in my opinion is that the map resolution is way too low. The same applies for the map we have now. Can someone compile a new image out of this map instead? Not take the data in there, just take the full resolution image from it.

I am simply using the base map for starters.  I'm trying to recompile the composite image, but it's tricky with the tools I personally have.

I will soon be opening The Isle Labyrinth and hope you will add it to the current map. I know your busy on the new one, thank you for that, but it will help if people can find it with the current map.

I combined the Yggrasil deed with The Isle Labyrinth so it can be removed.

Please add The Isle Labyrinth to this location....     http://xanadu-wurm.rhcloud.com/#mark/2144/3178/4

Thank You very much

• Like 1