Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

Xanadu Map

Please add Mountain View. In green since it will be a public horse market. Directly North of VoTD Market.

edit: Actually I guess it would be located where Valley of The Damned is currently shown with the main road coming down into it from the East. VoTD has since downsized and would be technically South of its current marker.

Also, the highway behind to the North now connects all the way across to the other highway.

Edited by Araninke

Hi please could you put my deed (Crystal Coast)onto the map its located @ F24 opposite Eagle shores cheers :D

Location On Map

Spoiler

kxWcxK4.png?1

This is the message I get when I try to load it:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.2.15 (Red Hat) Server at xanadu-wurm.rhcloud.com Port 80

Hello,

On Dec 21, 2015 at 08:54:51 PM the OpenShift operations team flagged your application for excessive network resource use.

We noticed that your gear is transferring an excessive amount of data.

We want to thank you for your adoption of our platform. Unfortunately, our free tier is not intended for the kind of heavy usage that your application demonstrates. Our Acceptable Use Policy at https://www.openshift.com/legal/acceptable_use states the following:

> While we strive to make our service as useful as possible, we don't
> support all workload profiles on the OpenShift Online free service.
> Distributed processing or other activities that continuously exhaust
> a specific resource (e.g. CPU, Network, Memory) are not allowed.
> Applications are allowed to consume available resources for a short
> period of time, but not continuously.

Because of this, your application has been throttled. The system will automatically turn throttling on and off as your usage levels change. You will not be notified about future throttling actions related to this gear. We encourage you to consider upgrading to one of our paid tiers where you will receive an increased allocation of system resources. Please see https://www.openshift.com/pricing for more information about our paid tiers and the benefits they provide.

You can contact us at https://developers.openshift.com/en/contact.html

The Red Hat OpenShift Team
Edited by ElvenElder

It took them two whole years but apparently they figured out we were freeloaders on one of the best PaaS providers in the world :) It looks like someone will have to host the map tiles so as I can off-load the bandwidth to let us continue on the free plan.

So ... anyone that wants to host the tiles so as I can hotlink them in the app ?

Edited by ElvenElder

They charge about 20USD/month for the minimum resources which I find to be a complete cheat. The thing is we have all map urls on the rhcloud domain if I were to move it to some other host, we'd get all those links invalidated. So I believe the best solution is to keep the free tier and just move the image files of the map to somewhere else that we can get for free or for very cheap. 20usd/month just because they are RedHat is ridiculous :)

I could hotlink the image tiles to the ones that wurm officially provides for their maps if the devs/staff are ok with it.

Edited by ElvenElder

How much bandwidth a month are we looking at here?

Depending on the answer, I can host the files for you and give you access.

Hard to say. I have not monitored the bandwidth usage at all but I'd say it should be at least as much as the official xanadu map consumes. I think Impalog is what caused the big spike in map traffic with all those people looking at the map to find where the impalong is taking place.

Edited by ElvenElder

www.hostgator.com is a good site for hosting stuff from my experience.  Couple of bucks a month and unmetered bandwidth.

As a donation to the cause, I will put donate at least 6 months of hosting cost (Its about 30, but I'll put in $50 to cover any taxes and extra time).  

PM me if you're good with receiving the USD and setting up a hosting account somewhere for the files.

Let's give it a day. We might get to find someone that will host the map images for free. If not we'll see what other options we have.

• Like 1

Please contact me by PM. I have a hosting account with "unlimited" bandwidth.

• Like 1

Toyed with a caching proxy, result is at http://xanadu.ydns.eu/ ;)

Can offer you to use the tile layer URL :

http://{s}.mysilo.xyz/tiles/xanadu/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

It's a duplicate of your tiles. :rolleyes:

Edited by Treydko

Another option, probably the simplest one, is that I add the file to a folder on my dropbox and give you write access to the folder via Share.  Then you can modify and replace at your convenience.

Anyone have any updates? My offer still stands. I can give FTP access so you guys can upload & initially as well as make changes to the files, if necessary.

It'll be up to ElvenElder as he's the Xanadu Cartographer currently.

On 13/06/2014 at 8:58 AM, enoofu said:
 vs03dk.png

G11 Deeds 

From  left to right fedaykin island,stilgar, shaddam

Update Dune is directly north of stilgar

another Frank herbert fan eh?? Should of made an imperial city or sitche tabar or something

Is anything official being done to rectify the map and provide a stable version again?

1 hour ago, Araninke said:

Is anything official being done to rectify the map and provide a stable version again?

I found this link in xan chat last night i was over there for delivery

hopefully map holder will get his link back one day, but until that, here is one to use 

http://xanadu.ydns.eu/

King's Landing in P23 is no more, it disbanded and Port Ellan has been placed over the canal there in its place.

• Like 1