Sign in to follow this  
Calypsoi

Xanadu Map vC

Xanadu Map Version Calypsoi

http://www.streamhelper.com/wurmstuff/xanadu/

This thread is for the progress of this map, and this map alone. This map is seperate from what Mamadarkness is working on, this is a google map style of map where you hover over the villages to get a popup of the name and some basic info. If you click on the village a lightbox comes up with an image gallery and description if the village mayor has provided such information.

How to use this thread:

If you need added to the map post a reply.

If your deed is in the wrong location post a reply.

If your deed is spelled incorrectly post a reply.

If you need your deed removed post a reply. (Must be having it removed from all public maps, or disbanded)

You may have tags added to your deed, that show up on mouseover. The following tags are available, please include which ones you need in your reply:

Mailbox

Market

Sermons

Recruiting

Highways and tunnel systems are on hold until either a map dump is given out, or someone wishes to take on the task. I do not feel like doing that twice. So please only post deed locations.

If you would like to have screenshots, and descriptions/recruitment info posted on your deeds lightbox please send me a private message with all of the information, those posts can become rather large and I would like to keep up with this through the private message system.

If you wish to bash me for doing this map, fine please do not do so in this thread. Please take your Caly bashing to http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/106492-new-map/

Edited by Calypsoi
  • Like 1

Just a little update and this is where I will store the list of working on/ideas I like.

I have found a way to do the highways and tunnels with the overlay system, unfortunately its a bit of coding and it will be sometime before I get this in.

I believe what Issle is doing with labels will work well for a travelers map. My map however has a great image gallery feature that has the custom village descriptions on the right. I believe I will continue this map along side of Mama's map and I think they will work together well. For people traveling along trying to find their way I think Mama's map with the labels may be a better route. However for this map you can click on villages and get some nice pictures and information about the villages. I will not be doing labels by the village names. You can stop suggesting it. Thank you for the suggestions but it will not happen on my map since another map is being done for that purpose.

More zoom levels- This is something that will come later, however I am not too concerned with doing this until we have a high resolution map dump.

Mobile Optimization - Meh it'll get there give me time, I like to play occasionally too :P

Village Markers- I am not happy with them either, the current version is try number 3. I will keep trying new things, if you have an idea of an actual image to use let me know. remember they need to be small but I am hoping for something more than a colored dot.

Search Function- This will take some time to work out, but I do want it too!

Coordinates that stay at the edge of the map even when zoomed in. I have not even looked at how to do this, I think it is a wonderful idea suggested by a community member and I am putting it on the list of possibilities.

Edited by Calypsoi

Mailbox @ Solace, S15

Looking good so far. Is it possible to make the map image larger? 

Mailbox @ Solace, S15

Looking good so far. Is it possible to make the map image larger? 

Mailbox tooltip added.

Maes Knoll H17, same position inside square like atm but H17 not G17

Maes Knoll H17, same position inside square like atm but H17 not G17

Better now?

well its still in G17 :) can you move it one square lower please? and should be ok, but map is ok, just if you could make it better quality then it would be almost perfect :)

hehe nearly at place, a little lower, and could be perfect but you can leave it like it is now

and i didnt know about that neighbours from Blacksword, must to go visit 'em then:)

Edited by Qdlaty

Moved, it is best to mark it on your in game map then take a screenshot to post that way the exact location you want is represented properly. However I think I got it for you now :)

yea it's almost perfect now, problem with posting any jpg is that i don't know how, when i'm trying it saying im not allowed to post picture format like it, any ideas?

You post it onto an image server such as imgur.com and then link to it or use bbcode to embed it.

ahh ok thx, wow it works :D

oL9u0jn.jpg

Edited by Qdlaty

nice job. have you considered using a marker that has stronger contrast with the map? i would recommend enlarging the map too

I am still trying to come up with the perfect marker heh. I have changed it 3 times already. As far as enlarging the map...I am trying to keep a decent resolution while at the same time not causing a massive download. I want it to stay under 1 meg. So far the zoom seems to be a good scale to keep things seperated.

I am still trying to come up with the perfect marker heh. I have changed it 3 times already. As far as enlarging the map...I am trying to keep a decent resolution while at the same time not causing a massive download. I want it to stay under 1 meg. So far the zoom seems to be a good scale to keep things seperated.

i dont like that map as well... try better :D  ask rolf for  detailed map as he release for all servers

Yes I agree we need a map dump to make it look better and help ensure everything is in the right place. However we do not have one and work with what is available. Now if you do not mind, this thread is for the purpose of people getting their deeds on the map, moved, tagged etc. If you have critiques or suggestions please take them to the other thread where they belong so that I may keep this thread clean, for the purpose it is intended. Thank you.

Could use please add Nana's Place at Q15. we are north of arkhold castle.  ty

Allysia

I don't like, that you took my deed location from MamaDarkness topic and put it on your map without even asking me.

Please delete it.

I've seen too many players like you, who just started playing and since begining are fighting with older players. I don't like that kind of people in Wurm community. Good, that most of them (rage)quit after couple of months.

My deed is Sarmatian Island and it's at S19.

Thank you!

• Like 2

Sweet Island T14/15 Mailbox  thx

Edited by zorro69

Rename Raventown in Dark-Ravens please H23

Mailbox and Guard Tower

Sweet Island T14/15 Mailbox  thx

Done

Rename Raventown in Dark-Ravens please H23

Mailbox and Guard Tower

Done