Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

Use for spoons, forks, knives, and pottery while at it.

So take the recipe for a normal dinner table, add a couple more shafts and planks to it for good form, then add 6 knives, 6 forks, 6 spoons, and six plates (make with pottery, naturally).

Give it a good fine carp level requirement so that it's actually worthwhile imping the plates and forks and spoons, name it "Fancy dinner table", same graphic as old one except with plates and cuttlery on it.

If a dev accepts this mission and decides to toy around some more, make it a container, adding one-several meals changes the graphic to food on the plates (no need to get fancy, one meal or ten, same filled plates).

----------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, since we're discussing houses.... new arched walls... 

Arched wall graphic (all 3 types) with one or two fence designs, as if one were able to fence arched walls (which we can't) ... so that our balconies and their roofs don't look suspended in mid air while keeping us from flying off our homes like stock brokers whenever there's a collapse... arrr!!

Code and graphics' wise, can't be TOO hard to implement amirite? eh? eh? ^_^ *nudge nudge*

+10

I think this would be a lot easier to implement as a principle than making furniture you can place anything on and have them appear.

Make set layouts for each table type that take specific items to convert to a 'laid' large dining table, for example.

Once it is a container, you can add things to appear in specific positions, such as candles or tablecloths for variety.

Meals should stay hot for longer on a table, and yes, have meals appear on plates if there is even one meal in the table container.

Should have an Eat option ad eating from it should increase hot food bonuses and whatnot.

After all, don't you feel better eating from a table then just shoving a whole meal in your mouth and eating a sandwich like it's made of peanut brittle?

• Like 1

On behalf of myself and all the guests that will soon be invited to my mansion, I fully support this idea. More useful furniture!

+1