Sign in to follow this  
Calypsoi

New Map

Exactly what maps did Md abandon? Other then deliverance which was taken over mot really abandoned.

Edit: also for a "new" person you sure do have strong ideas about an active GM. So who are you and what have you done that makes you hide under a forum alt and new character name?

Edited by Ruger

Nevermind no satisfaction for the knowledge lacking troll.

Edited by Calypsoi

i dont care about problems with other maps or whatever,but if you are going to continue with this you may want to wait for the map dump to add terrain modifications,and i would recommend using simple colored squares as markers.

right now with the ingame map image as the base,it has very little detail

• Like 1

IDC about the drama, but the unlabeled markers that you need to mouse over are 100% useless.

FRAM2

(Now...how many will get that reference...)

• Like 1

Omg I thought FRAM was going to be the best thing ever....

Either way good luck with the map. Dont let these guys discourage you from doing it, at the end of the day your simply trying to help.

I always thought that html maps would be the best but mehh. Have you thought about making the village icons smaller? Like if you look at the ingame map, those little icons are quite nice.

Edited by boombza

FRAM2

(Now...how many will get that reference...)

Good old 2D top view maps, those were actually usefull, not like the current mapdumps where sometimes 40% of the terrain is hiding behind "3D" mountains (and considering Xanadu has more mountains then all the servers combined, that will look promising XD). But on the other side, A mapdump is better then no mapdump I guess :P

Wasnt FRAM a bit "grey" when it came to legal/illegal?

Anyways, ontopic;

It's fine for you to create a map, create as many as you want.

But try to show a bit of respect.

Because the current map isnt updated in the past 1-3 weeks you call MD unreliable?

You dont feel that you should contact MD about it?

Make your map, post your map, update your map for years to come. But dont start your topic by shitting on the current map-maker.

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 2

I do not need to get in touch with an unreliable person to start a map of my own. If you do not like it that is your choice, I can make my own map that will actually get updated and go somewhere, that is my choice.

Yes, you can make a map and update it all you want.

BUT....

if you're not going to be able to accept criticism (and so far you seem to handle criticism poorly), you might not be satisfied with the outcome.

All this has done so far is cause drama.... over a picture with labels....

Edited by Lotus1
  • Like 2

At tge rate deeds are being created and disbanded, I think maps are going to be too much trouble to maintain. Give it another 2 to 3 months before going after a project lile this on Xanadu. Be sure not to copy over all the old map data, as most of it is probably expired deeds now.

• Like 1

What is the point of adding everyones deeds to a map.

1 month from now 25% of them have disbanded, and 3 months from now 50% of them will be gone.

And the same player that is controlling the area by having 5 deeds, what is the point to mark them all, just plot the main Capital Deed.

At some point Rolf will give us a mapdump for sure, so we have the nice overview look in same format as previous great looking server maps.

Just an example, a previous poster from Lucas, he says he live in Xanadu - Shanti - Q/R 25.

I dont need open a extrenal webpage to find his deed now do I.

I just need to open the map ingame, use the coordinates and decide if i should ride or use my boat to get to him.

lmao this turned ugly REAL fast... fight broke out before 5th post.

but map dump first. been proven that the in game drawn map is as accurate as a 17th century map of the Americas. it's the reason I have yet to travel outside my own little starter town.

MD's map looks better in its current state than this one could be.

Hovering over a deed for the name means searching for certain deeds instead of spotting it at a glance

You have misspelled multiple deed names (including mine)

Starting an agrument withthe first person who didnt like your map proves you lack professionalism and should not be taking on this task when the people who are already doing so have not shown you any progress in the last 2 weeks. 

Go back to being loud in k-chat, at least you're good at that. :)

• Like 1

Starting an agrument withthe first person who didnt like your map proves you lack professionalism and should not be taking on this task when the people who are already doing so have not shown you any progress in the last 2 weeks. 

He started the arguement with me, he was bashing as usual and not being helpful. Just like you. Only like 2 people in this post were constructive with their responses.

What is your deed name?

Edited by Calypsoi

This new one isn't as nice as the pdf in my opinion. Pretty bad resolution and the interactivity with the deed placement is just a pain. Hope Mama keeps up with the pdf map.

Yeah cause hovering over stuff is so hard, man guess you hate google maps huh.

• Like 2

• Like 1

There are not 1000+ towns in 32 square kilometers on a normal google map either. However there are businesses, which you have to hover over.

There are not 1000+ towns in 32 square kilometers on a normal google map either. However there are businesses, which you have to hover over.

Edit: also -1 this isn't even close to mobile friendly nor is it scaling properly. For a map as large as xanadu I should be able to zoom in well. You also have no labels just a bunch of monopoly pieces around the map. I shouldn't be clicking around for deed names. That is super annoying.

Yet the towns on a google map show up like they do in MD's map and you don't have to hover over them.

OMG Knee slapping laughter time, that map you HAVE to CLICK it does not even hover!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am laughing so hard at all of you trolling me about hovering now. Eat it!

I'm not a fan of hovering or displaying 100 labels, but that can change if players ask for it. Bro you need to calm down, its an impressive effort you did there. Tell you what, wanna come work with me on the leaflet.js map project for wurm ? It would be really helpful to have someone assisting in developing this project cause my time is very limited and allocated in a lot of different projects currently.

Edited by Issle
  • Like 1