Sign in to follow this  
Issle

[Issle's Book of Chaos] Valentine's day Massacre

February 14th, 2014. Valentine's day. 

I can't clearly recall the events that triggered the story I'm about to say, what I remember though is that I was part of The Empire of Mol Rehan back then. It was a very laggy evening after the HotA event, a couple of days after the new mine door rules set in Chaos. This was about to be the first big scale combat where mine doors were no longer a safe way to retreat. 

We had just completed the HotA Event and conquered a Jenn Kellon Tower that was residing just north of it. Someone threw an idea on the table. Jenn Kellon would be offline, dating their loved ones due to that special day so it would be a very good opportunity for us, the single ones, those that don't commit in long lasting relationships to hammer a Jenn Kellon deed that was residing a bit Norther than our position. That was Rivendell. I don't know much about this village all I know is that it had a story going long back to the past.

Long story short, after a bit of riding we got outside the walls of Rivendell. We created a mine and placed a mine door on it. There were a couple of Jenn Kellons there defending. I remember Thornbush archering my horse, which I itentionally had left outside the mine with oakshell spell on it, to give the other horsemen time to place their horses in the mine and protect them from the arrows. "Issle get your ###### horse in the mine it's getting hit. ". 

While under very small ressistance, Mol Rehan was preparing the siege ground. Some were mining ammo for the catapults, some creating ramps while others were climbing the walls to push back the Jenn Kellon archers. The Jenn Kellon deed was under siege and the alarms were sounding like crazy. Slowly but steadily, Jenn Kellons were gathering numbers. After a couple of minutes, they had a considerable force. I remember between them a lot of familiar names, the Price of Jenn Kellon Gavin, Bloodyhell and the ex-MR member, the traitor Doctorchaos. ( Turns out the Jenn Kellon were also not commiting in long lasting relationships  :P ).

Phase 1:  - The Mol Rehan fighting pride.

The initial gatehoping slowly evolved into organized attacks and counter-attacks till it became a full out slaughter. Both the kingdoms being sure of their power and numbers faced off in the valley between Rivendell and the Mountain that Mol Rehan had placed their safe mine. Things got out of hand quickly. Initially Mol Rehan while a little bit outnumbered managed to push Jenn Kellon back, away from the valley, east, towards the Rivendell walls. Emoo was leading the MR charge. It was fascinating to see the JK army getting pushed back. Knowing that the only way to get out of the area was either by making Jenn Kellon flee or kill them all one by one, we were giving it our best. I was recklessly casting Light of Fo to heal my allies and managed to emtpy all my gems in a matter of minutes. This made me annoyngly shouting in vent for people to give me more gems.

[01:57:28] Aramisii slain by Embolism Emoo Issle Nightfall Miniroll Jukimo Eroing Redhelix Roggeh Cita Farmerfred Garrettwademan Christa Jberg 

[01:57:59] Eimomies slain by Embolism Roggeh Emoo Issle Nightfall Garrettwademan Christa Jberg 

[01:58:09] Ghosted slain by Emoo 

[01:58:22] Icegoob slain by Miniroll Embolism Redhelix Eroing Nightfall Farmerfred Garrettwademan Zarmazarmaex Christa Jberg 

[01:58:28] Legionaire slain by Miniroll Jukimo Emoo Eroing Roggeh Nightfall Cita Garrettwademan Zarmazarmaex Christa Jberg 

[01:58:54] Katatonia slain by Miniroll Embolism Emoo Eroing Nightfall Cita Garrettwademan Christa Jberg 

Phase 2: Jenn Kellon push back.

Mol Rehan quickly realized that being so close to the enemy deed where the Jenn Kellon fighters could retreat to safety, gatehop and have assistance from the Spirit Templars was putting the attacking force in a huge dissadvanteage. A retreat was ordered. The first successful victory in the valley inbetween made Mol Rehan confident enough to challenge Jenn Kellon again in that valley. This time things werent that great though. Combat fatigue, favor shortage and untreated wounds took their toll on Mol Rehan fighters. That being said the battle still was not lost, both sides were able to do kills during the valley fight.

[02:00:30] Farmerfred slain by Fsbkun Aramisii Kix Gavin Legionaire Katatonia Bloodyhell Icegoob 

[02:02:35] Redhelix slain by Fsbkun Gavin Eimomies Legionaire Thornbush Bloodyhell 

[02:02:50] Roggeh slain by Gavin Eimomies Legionaire Thornbush Christa Bloodyhell 

[02:03:04] Eimomies slain by Miniroll Emoo Zarmazarmaex Christa Jberg 

[02:03:47] Jberg slain by Fsbkun Kix Gavin Legionaire Thornbush Bloodyhell 

[02:03:56] Legionaire slain by Miniroll Embolism Roggeh Eroing Emoo Issle Nightfall Cita Garrettwademan Christa 

Phase 3: Jenn Kellon in control.

Jenn Kellon felt much stronger this time, the battle quickly got out of hand and Mol Rehan got pussed back into their cave. But due to the new ruleset in Chaos, the cave was not safe anymore. What continued, was a complete unorganized massacre, a bloodbath from both sides. Everyone was attacking everyone. I was hoping in and out of the cave in an attempt to lose targeting from Jenn Kellon forces while trying to cast my heals as a Fo Priest with the favor I had remaining. It is worth mentioning that Jenn Kellon had three Healers in their rank including Dagobert. I don't really remember how things went from then on. Our fighters started dying at a higher rate than the Jenn Kellon fighters were getting killed. 

[02:09:33] Cita slain by Gavin Eimomies Thornbush Doctorchaos Bloodyhell 

[02:10:39] Eroing slain by Fsbkun Gavin Eimomies Bloodyhell Dagobert 

[02:10:39] Doctorchaos slain by Miniroll Jukimo Embolism Eroing Emoo Issle Nightfall Cita Garrettwademan Zarmazarmaex Christa 

[02:10:39] Jukimo slain by Gavin Doctorchaos 

[02:11:00] Zarmazarmaex slain by Fsbkun Kix Gavin Eimomies Thornbush Doctorchaos Bloodyhell 

[02:11:17] Nightfall slain by Fsbkun Kix Gavin Legionaire Doctorchaos Bloodyhell Ghosted 

[02:12:16] Garrettwademan slain by Fsbkun Kix Gavin Legionaire Eimomies Thornbush Bloodyhell Ghosted 

[02:12:38] Issle slain by Fsbkun Kix Gavin Legionaire Eimomies Thornbush Bloodyhell Ghosted 

[02:13:02] Embolism slain by Fsbkun Kix Gavin Eimomies Thornbush Doctorchaos Bloodyhell Ghosted 

[02:14:23] Miniroll slain by Fsbkun Gavin Eimomies Legionaire Bloodyhell Ghosted Dagobert 

[02:14:48] Christa slain by Fsbkun Kix Gavin Legionaire Eimomies Thornbush Bloodyhell Ghosted Dagobert 

I just had lost my drake set, my glimmersteel sword and my adamandine helmet. Finally, as seen by the logs, Emoo, a Mol Rehan fighter ( and current Chei of Mol Rehan ), fled the battle. There has been a lot of controversy over that decision by all sides. There was big support on this action by some members who insisted that Emoo fleeing was a necessary move to get the Artifacts in safety. Yet there were others that approached this action with scepticism and criticized the move as an attempt to save one's life and gear.

Four things that I learned from this battle.

1) Never estimate a situation based on assumptions but only by using data.

2) Do not buy expensive gear in Chaos. You will lose it one day and it will be painful.

3) Be prepared for the worst. Balance your equips between strength and endurance.

4) Don't be the first one to take offensive action after server gameplay updates.

Edited by Issle
  • Like 2

Thank you for the honorable mention. I would mention that MR had all three of their Mag champs there.

Edited by Stormcrow
  • Like 1

It's worth mentioning that I only left the scene of the battle one EVERYONE but Christa (our other Mag champ) was dead. We both went in opposite directions, myself down a cliff using my my Farwalker. I stood and fought withe everyone else but once I only had myself to look out for I did what I do best and Zoom zoomed :D

It's worth mentioning that I only left the scene of the battle one EVERYONE but Christa (our other Mag champ) was dead. We both went in opposite directions, myself down a cliff using my my Farwalker. I stood and fought withe everyone else but once I only had myself to look out for I did what I do best and Zoom zoomed :D

V9TkYGA.jpg

MWUAHAHA -i was in this story too :D im so happy! so happy !

ex-MR member, the traitor Doctorchaos. ( Turns out the Jenn Kellon were also not commiting in long lasting relationships   :P ). - SUCH TRAITOR

My version of the story is much different - i was set free from the evil grip that MR had on there members and now i am free to roam the land with rainbows and butterfly's etc

Edited by hemrzz
  • Like 1

Hail the Golden Vale! I wish all of Wurm's great battles were recorded in this way.