Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Deeds and writ papers cross servers

THis has likely been discussed before, but I would love to allow my settlement forms and writs transfer between servers.  I once lost a deed on another server, because I forgot how much time I had in upkeep and returned just a little too late to feed the meter.  It is also a huge pain to have to travel multiple hours, just to reach a server, to enable permissions, etc, then head home to your main server.

The current model almost makes it a requirement to just leave a deed holder on each server, rather than having a single character with deeds on different servers.

I have no issues putting my papers in separate satchels to keep them sorted.

I think that if we can't cross server with the writs it's because everything is linked to the server, i am pretty sure that you can have 2 deeds with the same name on 2 different server which would cause a problem.

I've always wanted a web-based 'account management' system where you can manage all your accounts and deed upkeep, writ and deed access, prem time, buy currency etc all from one central area (so one login)

Never gonna happen, but I can wish all the same

+1 to the OP in the meantime, if its even possible :)

Edited by solmark
  • Like 2

I agree on the web based management.  Link all accounts and paperwork in one place. Sure would be awesome.

• Like 1

I agree on the web based management.  Link all accounts and paperwork in one place. Sure would be awesome.

Switch the OP to this and i'll +1 :)

Won't work the other way at the time being.

Workaround: make an alt for each deed, join them, log those in every now and then to check on upkeep and stuff. That is what I am doing.

The web based management I would think is a great idea, just the original suggestion would mess up existing deeds, if not at the same time it will be allowed for someone to be mayor and citizen of several deeds at once.

Edited by Smilingcat

just make a free alt and leave him in town with all permissions and powers