Sign in to follow this  
Youngsoldier

Add black people to the character creation process

I didn't call "the community" rascist, you can read each comment for yourself and determine what each posters intentions and feelings are.

I never said they should drop everything and fix this. I just said it should be fixed.

Stop trying to be so dramatic to make a point, you are trying to hard, It is not conceited to think wurm should have a feature that nearly every mmo on the market with a character creator has. The suggestion forum is filled with thousands of suggestions, most are retarded, this one is just proper and simple to correct. Thats the whole point of a character creator in a game, to make an avatar  the gamer can identify with and enjoy playing...

Your 6 examples you gave may be important to you but to someone else may be useless junk too. Its ok if you don't think wurm should have black people in it, its a free world mostly, It matters to me and a bunch of other people though. Does that make you angry?

edit- reply to a dissapeared post heh, why you don't wanna stand on what you said bro?

Edited by Youngsoldier
  • Like 1

Lol sure, it's really simple to create a model. A good one though, that takes time and trust me when I say this - You don't want the haste work models. We ended up all being Robin Hood for years last time a model had to be produced quickly. The boobs were squished and the male hair had a bald spot from a distance.

Let it take its time, I'm sure they've already got character customization on the list of things to do.

• Like 1

If the lore says everyone should be lighter skin tone then is it saying we're in a high latitude climate?

I mostly agree with KanePT. Yes it's fun to have some realism and/or strict protocol in games, but in this case, it's best not to. People like to express themselves. Besides, skin tone doesn't really impact the gameplay. It's the gameplay I care about. And I'm usually unorthodox in the kind of gameplay I like: I don't like carebear gameplay.

Edited by Lightonfoot
  • Like 1

If we start adding custom skin's then we should be able to have more choices than just black, brown, white. we should have different races and different species. hell let us have a different skill start with each different race/species.  I'm just saying...If you add one because some people want it or are offended that it is not here,  where does it stop. Its all or nothing when you try to make people happy because its only a matter of time until that next person comes along and uses a more aggressive stance to get their way. 

Not that I am against this, just realize when you start this you open a box that isn't easily closed and then your forced to make others happy so you don't offend them. Best to stick to your "wurm" made fantasy.

Edited by metis

If we start adding custom skin's then we should be able to have more choices than just black, brown, white. we should have different races and different species. hell let us have a different skill start with each different race/species.  I'm just saying...If you add one because some people want it or are offended that it is not here,  where does it stop. Its all or nothing when you try to make people happy because its only a matter of time until that next person comes along and uses a more aggressive stance to get their way. 

Not that I am against this, just realize when you start this you open a box that isn't easily closed and then your forced to make others happy so you don't offend them. Best to stick to your "wurm" made fantasy.

• Like 1

But omg no man, if we negotiate with these terrorists and give in to this angry mob then next thing we know we'll have people asking for another shade of tan since the one in the game looks like John Boehner after a salon visit. And you know what that means right? We open the door people DOSing the forum demanding character models with their intimate parts exposed! Cats and Dogs living together....mass hysteria! 

I dunno, too much? I think I overacted a bit.

• Like 1

All in all you are lucky CodeClub have not offices in some countries like Argentina, here a quick presentation to INADI offices and you will be in some bureaucratic depth s.... in no time lol

• Like 2

I'm very split on this. If, we had varieties of clothing and armour including Moorish and Mediterranean/Near and far east items then it would be a no brainer. Wurm diversity has only just been hatched though so as yet we have a severely limited range of anything to individualise players, this can and probably should be put off in respect to dark-age Alpine realism with a view to diversification. The alternative without the ethnic garb would be an obviously farcical submission to modern multiculti idealism which would have the effect of bringing racism issues straight to your face ingame.

My view then is I hope we get the items to racially individualise, I hope it helps form groups even and then let the intermixing and mixed feelings happen, allowing us to sandbox the tolerance rift ourselves Wurm style. Wurm's in a good place to begin roads in to semi real diversification but it should blossom (soon) without pressure. Another alternative is to currently add the dark toned skin tones and enable an off switch on the client :P. Doubt I'd use it but I'd appreciate having it just in case.

When man first fell from the trees there was someone called Goldblatt trying to sell him life insurance they say. Diverse and non diverse societies have always been there. The extent of the white slave trade throughout time puts the accepted negrid version starkly in the shade and historically an alien Mooresque contingent in a northern European setting like Wurm would be under severe threat of ethnic cleansing without compunction. 

I'll sharpen my maul.

Dont care to read OP, title says it all

+7 (1vote per alt :3)

• Like 1

I like asian girls.. can we also add that to character options?

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

Sure, make a thread for it, and post that there.

To answer the lore/historical aspect:

Currently (well, as of 2011, the last census) in Northern Ireland (Where I live)

0.2% of the population is black - Thats like 1 person in all of Xanadu online at any given time.

A figure I am sure much larger than that of a medieval nordic country.

Then again, we are the least ethnically diverse country other than North Korea right now.

But yeah, I don't see a reason why not to add it. It can't be that much work.

Edited by Outlaw

Pick female, choose the palest skin tone, adjust facial features. It's not going to be perfect, but it's a lot closer than you are going to get trying to make a black woman.

• Like 1

I was just giving this a free bump by being a smartass =(

The game is designed with the Nordic mentality. 

Last I checked most of them were white boy rednecks. 

This is not RL so putting  in even a nuance of bias or race crap aint gonna work.

Mind you if he wants to throw in a darker skin that would be cool..

But for the sake of the game not some kind of twisted affirmative actions junk.

Edited by puncher
  • Like 2

Puncher your post is so off base it makes no sense, besides that its all for the sake of the game...

The game is designed with the Nordic mentality.

Nordic?

Colossus.png

• Like 1

Wurm was supposed to be what you make it but...

Edited by Youngsoldier

People who are complaining about black skins not being Medieval enough: in the Middle Ages most people lived in a shack with 10 other people, mainly living off grain and turnips, because meat was too expensive and hunting impossible, since the land belonged to some knight who shot poachers on sight. Every now and then half your family would die because of some horrid disease and the idea that you could determine your own desitiny was totally preposterous, since the church told you what to do and the bits they forgot to mention were filled in by the aforementioned local knight, who sort of owned everybody living on their land. A peasant sitting on a horse was a dead peasant, since nobody was rich enough to own a horse, so he probably had stolen it.

People having their own mines was something that only happened in their dreams and women living alone in a huge house owned by themselves was unheard of, let alone women who were priests. Like peasants with horses: a woman with her own house was a dead woman, since she probably was a witch.

Oh, and dragons....? Nah. There were even less dragons then black people seen in the middle ages.

Sooooooo..... what part of genuine Medievalness of Wurm is hurt by players who would like to play the game in a skin they feel comfortable in?

Edited by Dame
  • Like 3