Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Don't Allow pvp Items from Chaos Onto PvE Servers

In an effort to separate PvE from pvp on the Freedom Isles to evaluate the impact of each upon the game, I propose that no items from the pvp server of Chaos be allowed to be transferred over to the PvE servers. Things I can think of off of the top of my head are HOTA items, started guard towers, banners, started wagons, ect. The pvp players on Chaos currently use this as money making opportunities to sell items to PvE players, who they claim to have little to no interest in participating within their PvE ways. Except to make money by selling things to them that they control on this server of Chaos, of course.

Better yet, isolate Chaos characters and all items from the PvE servers in the same manner as Epic characters and items are isolated from the other servers. This then would give a clear indication of the desirability of the Freedom Isles pvp aspects of the game as enabled upon the Chaos server, not distorted by the money making capabilities of cross server travel and export of these players and items.

This then would give the game Developers more data to analyze on the desirability of time devoted to Chaos, in contrast to the other 7 PvE servers of Independence, Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration, Pristine, Release and Xanadu. It seems that the number of 7 Freedom Isles PvE servers in contrast to the 1 Freedom Isle pvp server are not clear enough of an indication of where development time and efforts should be concentrated, so this isolating effect should provide more clarity in which direction the focus of development should be devoted.

My premise here is that without the ability to travel to, ship, mail and sell these items upon the other Freedom Isles PvE servers, this artificial support of the Chaos server would cause it to further decline, if supported by only the pvp aspects there, which are the supposed draw to playing upon it. This would also ensure the purity of game play for the pvp aspects without any taint of money making schemes intruding into the process.

The Epic pvp servers are effectively separated from the Freedom Isles PvE servers in this manner, so I see no good reason for continuing the excepted and preferential treatment being accorded to the Chaos server, with the additional money making opportunities that the current situation provides it advantages to that the other Freedom Isles PvE servers do not have accorded to them on each their own.

The transfer of funds from the above pvp servers to the PvE servers is another matter that should be isolated as well. I look forward to disparate remarks without implication of perceived differences that can not be resolved without severing ties that once imposed no bonds upon the bounds of incongruity. Thank you for your consideration.

=Ayes=

• Like 4

No, I live on both Chaos and Xanadu. I want to be able to bring my stuff with me. There is a lot of people on the freedom servers, one pvp server connected to the cluster for those who want to try it out without creating a new account is good in my opinion.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

Don't like things coming from chaos? Don't buy them.

• Like 12

blocking passage of half the items in the database for this?

you underestimate the impact this would have for "normal" items falling into the category of pvp items.

isn't it rather a "where there is a demand there is a seller" issue?

but feel free to boykott any pvp items

• Like 3

You fail to account for the hundreds of players that Live on Freedom Isles and adventure to Chaos for a bit of weekend fun. What of them? Should these players all be disregarded because you disapprove of Chaos players making money? None of this would do anything to improve play style of either cluster.

Elevation players

32/400

Deliverance players

41/400

Pristine players

73/400

Independence players

106/800

Exodus players

49/800

Celebration players

34/400

Serenity players

52/400

Desertion players

35/400

Xanadu players

439/2000

Golden Valley players

6/400

Release players

42/400

Chaos players

75/800

Affliction players

16/400

For Chaos ;)

Nope.

Chaos economy is based on freedom. The war has so many expenses that just paying for silver is not enough. We need a steady source of income and that is where freedom comes in the game. You might have not noticed, but there's a neverending war in chaos going on for years and Freedom is paying for it :P

Edited by Issle
  • Like 1

I honestly don't see the profit in removing Chaos from the Freedom servers.... why not just move it to epic at that point? Or remove it completely and just force all pvpers to live on epic... -1

-1 I play on chaos cause I can also go back to freedom and do stuffs, from taking a break when I feel pvp a bit too much for me on the time or to do tradings in the same right that freedomers do trading. That my 'freedom skills' is carried on is also one of its feature.

Feature that is chaos solely? I found great communities in chaos, based on big goals such as expanding territory, unite against common foe, to crafts for kingdom's survival. While freedom that mostly oriented on living alone without burden of trusting people, bragging skills, or making coins. Not says all freedom like this, but community events are rare and even alliances mostly formed to carter the needs of mercantile, control of surrounding land, or chat. I liked to experiences both sides, don't alienate me or us.

Don't really care of HOTA items cause I dont have those, I'm not also allowed to sell my kingdom's banners and stuffs so those aint affect me. I give out black guard towers for free to freedom. For these little of items, I don't see many reasons why they need to be 'banned'.

I don't see the point of 'these is our coins' and any kind of suggestion that just separate the player base especially that many of my current villagers come from freedom and enjoyed both sides. A few loudmouths on forum or your local range doesn't make all pvpers jerks and greed, just like freedomers that focused on merchantile doesn't make them some sort of heartless greed. Separating playerbase doesn't solve a thing and all the debates of which contribute more to the game.. pvp or pve is a joke, since it is Rofl decision if he want pvp on wurm or not. Or we can go EA or zynga style, make games solely based on profit, want that?

Edited by rosedragon

Chaos players also buy from freedom. It's not a one way market transfer. I could counter with 'prevent the sale of weapons because I do not have high enough weaponsmithing to compete". But that would be stupid.

Also, the stuff that you're complaining about us selling is stuff that cannot be provided otherwise, so the people who want to own hota statues etc would also suffer from this change.

The market is fine as it is in this regard. People demand, people supply.

• Like 2

It isn't a 'money making scheme'

its something they have, that people desire and are too lazy or unable to get themselves. This is the case with tons of other things ranging from bricks, all the way to a fantastic item.

Also -1 on the basis of removing variety from our game.

And again, -1 for further trying to divide the playerbase

aanndd -1 because its a slippery slope, next thing we know they'll be removing favor from cordage ropes and i'll be out of business! xD

• Like 3

As an exercise and a test, this would be a really good one. I'd really like to see how Chaos would fare with 3-6 months of lockdown from PVE.

• Like 1

What of the items already on the Freedom servers? Everything ranging from towers (I mean seriously?), wagons, hota lights, and all the various moon metal items.

Much too late to worry about such things now.

Besides trade is two way traffic, things like tariffs only hurt both economies in the long run.

Edited by Klaa