Sign in to follow this  
Jeixi

Landmark Beta Invite, Sony Station Down?

So yesterday I got an invite to the Everquest Landmark closed beta in my email. However, when I clicked the link, I got "This webpage is not available." Apparently the Sony Station is down. I tried again this morning when I woke up, still down. I used sites like isitdownrightnow, etc. to check if it was the site or me, and so far from what I can tell it's the site. Somewhat discouraging, as I've been very excited to try out this game. Has anyone had the same problem? Can any of you get on the Sony Station now? I really hope they fix this soon, I'd hate to lose a full day of access just because their site crashed... 

All seems ok at the moment. Recieved an email with my invitation and the link works. 

Happy days :)

let us know what you think of the game, did think about buying it but wanted to wait a while.

I got a beta invite, but was disappointed that it was only for 7 days :(:(:(

I haven't recovered from sonys vanguard disaster well enough to trust them again.

• Like 1

Well I just tried the link again and it still isn't working for me. I've tried other Sony Station links, none of them work. Is it down again, or is it something not working on my end?

I just played and also used their forums. Works for me, after they fixed the DNS problem. Maybe your ISP hasn't refreshed their lists yet.

I just played and also used their forums. Works for me, after they fixed the DNS problem. Maybe your ISP hasn't refreshed their lists yet.

I don't really understand what you mean by my ISP refreshing their lists, but I'm assuming the DNS problem only fixes itself when they do. Do you have any idea how often ISP's refresh their lists? 

Works fine for me, been a trailblazer for months.

Maybe they took my advice...hmm....

Works fine for me, been a trailblazer for months.

Maybe they took my advice...hmm....

Still not working here. Apparently some people can get on, some still can't... I'm no computer wizard, but from what I understand it won't work until the ISP refreshes some kind of DNS list. I read most ISP's do this every 24-48 hours. Hopefully I can get into the game before my 7 days are up... 

Hm I figured out it could be fixed by using Google's DNS server. Yay!