Sign in to follow this  
Nadineb

Heating crab meat doesn't result in cooked meat

As the title says really :)

I killed my first crab the other day and popped the meat in my forge along with others. After a while I checked on the meat, and everything BUT the crab meat turned into cooked meat. The crab meat only reached searing hot by then, so I thought it just needed a bit longer. But it never turned into cooked meat.

Yay for first crab, I got the first hand account it was thrilling, but really unless sushi is being added, let he meat be cooked! :lol:

• Like 1

Acts like fish I guess :P

I'd bet it lets you make risotto with it.

pretty sure you gotta steam grab legs!

WTB butter ples

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for sushi and risotto, but if everything thats called 'meat' turns to 'cooked meat' when heated, it's not more the logical that crab mea' acts the same if treated the same. Thats why I choose to report this behaviour since to my logic this is a bug ;)

• Like 2

On the test server, butchering a crab results in some meat at .30kg and some at .10kg.  The .10kg meat does not cook while the .30kg meat does.  Is that your experience as well?  Was the meat that didn't cook the .10kg version?  I have not yet seen a crab on the live servers to verify.

I've added the discrepancy to the bug database in any case.

the 0.1kg meat is special, examine it :)

and yes, you get 0.3kg and 0.1kg pieces

*edit*

I've eaten the hot 0.1kg meat with little loss in nutrition; at 79 nutrition, a 34ql piece brought me to 78 nutrition...I haven't had the chance to test it, but I suspect higher quality pieces may actually raise nutrition.

Edited by Lisabet

Thanks you for looking into crab meat. Sadly I don't remember if the mean I had was 0.3kg or 0.1kg. :( If I come across another one I'll see if I can run some more tests with it.

the 0.1kg meat is indeed special, it works kinda like a meal

[17:29:00] The very nutricious meat from a crab.

94ql hot meat gives 96% nutrition

~60ql hot meat was 88% nutrition

it can't be put in a fsb

the 0.3kg ones cook like normal meat

[17:29:03] Raw meat from an animal.

so it might actually not be a bug but a new special feature :)

• Like 1

sounds weird enough to be legit :)

"all you need in Wurm is crab!"

It makes sense to me if it was intended to be something special, I'd have preferred if it had a slightly different name though, like crab claw meat or something.  In any case, we know why some meat doesn't turned to cooked meat and the others do, we just don't know if it's intended (which seems likely since the examine is different).

Thanks Cerber for the nutrition info.

• Like 1

Additional note:  The special meat doesn't care what you butcher with.  Normally butchering with anything that isn't a butcher knife gives one meat, the special meat always gives all 3 (if you do not fail that is)

The crab meat does not cook. Only good for feeding to the dogs.

I'm not sure you read the whole thread, hula girl; the crab meat that does not cook is special.  It is equal in nutrition to a meal.  It does not need to cook and go in an fsb.

• Like 1