Sign in to follow this  
Tpikol

offensive coins names

I'd love to hear from whoever is working the client now if it would be easy enough to just put in a toggle that changes the display format of coins to exclude the message field.

Everybody gets what they want, with the exception of those that want others punished.

• Like 1

I was given a silver renamed "Klaa licked this" ... I am very offended, even if it is true.  ;)

I was given a silver renamed "Klaa licked this" ... I am very offended, even if it is true.  ;)

Now I'm gonna have to level Money Laundering.............. 

• Like 1

How about coins lose all renaming if traded or banked

• Like 1

how about people stop this ridiculousness and stop trying to change wurm so much like come on who cares if someone else is called a ######? if the person in question gets that coin and is offended well he or she can rename it and tada nothing more to be offended about so whats the big deal really?

dont like it rename it ;)

• Like 2

Before the Dev's forbid offensive coin names I would like to see a standard established for what is "offensive" in character names themselves. Some character names I have seen are absolutely disgusting. As long as players can create characters with filthy names complaining about offensive names on coins is useless.

We already have naming rules to cover the naming of items, accounts and deeds:

Naming of accounts, deeds, or items

A/ Players may not choose any name that conflicts with the Wurm chat rules (http://forum.wurmonl...126-chat-rules/)

B/ The name must not violate the rights of any other individual or company, nor be seen to impersonate any public figure or related to pop culture, persona, or religion.

If your unsure of your name selection ask any Game Master for advice.

When you see characters with questionable names, you can report them (with /support) so that we can investigate.

No, the coin we named wasn't "Miley". Also, I saw a deed named "Filthy Ore" on Freedom. It was a mining deed that blocked my access to some tin, and an olive forest was established later which also blocked horse travel and required going around the deed. This annoyed me, so I contacted a GM and used the suggested name as a reason to ask for action to be taken. I was told that the name wasn't illegal and nothing could be done.

TLDR: Most of the stuff people complain about isn't illegal, and is barely even offensive.

Well first off Matt, the name was not breaking the rules in any way, I even asked a GM before it was named that. Secondly, I owned the deed, I prospected the place, I mined the tin out, I paid the upkeep, I planted the trees and I had every right to do so because I owned the land.  WHAT did you do? Whine and cry because someone used their right to plant a deed and did so. This made you upset because OMG you had to mine a tin vein out of the mountainside all by yourself.  Now if i had taken someone's mine away (which there was absolutely nothing there when i planted that deed), I MAY see a reason for them to cry. But then again, "the rules" are and always have been... "you don't own it unless you deed it", but I guess that got overlooked by you since you wanted YOUR way and YOUR convenience over someone that actually PAID for the land there.  What people like you want is for someone else to work at something and then change it or just give it to you when you decide you want it to be different.  That's not the way the game OR the world works.  The deed name was not offending you, as anyone with any common sense can see from your post. It was the fact that you wanted to mine my tin after i spent time making the mine and that you didn't want my trees there (even that orchard was made because Rolf had made olive oil a neccessary item for deeds at that time, which he changed after that).  I wonder if i came by your deed and didn't like where you put a wall or grew trees or didn't like the fact that I couldn't mine in your mine on the land you pay for, how you would feel if I tried to have your deed taken under the guise of your deed name being illegal.  Grow up!

Never mind being personally offended, but: those coins travel from Chaos to Freedom. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that Daolin is someone playing on Chaos. I've never been to Chaos, but this certainly doesn't advertise that part of the game community as being mature and respectful while PvP'ing. Instead, the immediate assumption is that namecalling is the order of the day and quite frankly, that reeks of immaturity and a frustrated PvP community.

So why allow people to abuse game system (anonymously) to spew propaganda, when there's a simple fix? And I don't mean removing the ability to rename, I mean making it possible to add items to a /support. Which is the sensible suggestion and thus has been ignored by all the nay-sayers so far.

That said, I'll happily take your propaganda if I can keep the coin. ;)

Extract your own iron coins from the bank and see how many people are called that from the freedom community who have never been on chaos, and I've seen far worse on writ names on freedom then I ever did in chaos lol...

That's it... I'm gonna start renaming all coins I come across to "Offensive Name", "Offensive Comment", "Wild Accusation", "Socially frowned-upon Substance", and "Miley"

• Like 1

lol,  if you don't like what a coin says, rename it! If you don't like what another players is saying, ./ignore them!

We have the means to solve this kind of problem ourselves. No need to do anything else.

• Like 1

lol,  if you don't like what a coin says, rename it! If you don't like what another players is saying, ./ignore them!

We have the means to solve this kind of problem ourselves. No need to do anything else.

You don't get it.

I am offended and you hurt my feelings, therefore you must be punished.

\o/ Modern Society \o/

• Like 2

Personally I think all these people that "wear their hearts on their sleeve" (you know all this PC crap) need to get the **** over themselves, quit complaining and either get a life or start their own little commune of pity party children.  That is what you act like, CHILDREN.  When I grew up, if someone bullied you, you grew a pair and stood up for yourself.  Now, if someone upsets you or bullies you, it's oh I am gonna cry and make you pay because you have damaged me for life.  Grow the **** up or get off the internet and out of society completely.  It's the internet, I see things on the net and IRL every day that I don't like, but I ignore it and go about my business.  I am so sick of all you PC whiners...wonder where I can report you for offending me so you have to pay?

• Like 1

You don't get it.

I am offended and you hurt my feelings, therefore you must be punished.

\o/ Modern Society \o/

QFT

Nine pages of folks asserting that their superiority over people who are affected by mere words.

#wurmtoughguys

• Like 1

LOL Nsu. That kind of attitude is why I went to Epic. If someone acts like that, I just walk over and kill them. If they keep acting like that, the whole server ends up killing them (has happened multiple times between the SBM crew, Davidlewisbell, and some others). The tin isn't what bothered me. Try walking through an olive forest some time. Now try doing it where some immature child (how hypocritical of you to call me that by the way) decided to plant it on a path down the mountain from where you live. You see my problem now? Overaged olive trees don't just block vision. They are a perfect example of why we don't need more collision detection in Wurm Online. You said grow a pair, well that is what I did. I went to a PvP server, where the real Wurmians play and aren't concerned about getting killed by a troll and having to walk five minutes to take our gear back.

PS If you have to ask a GM if a name is legal, then obviously it is something that someone might find offensive, and it's another reason that you are the pot calling the kettle black. I'm immature LOL OK.

Edited by MattSquare

Honestly more PvP happens on Serenity than Elevation. The priest navy comes to JKH almost daily, while the only PvP that happens on Elevation involves KoS.

I am so ashamed of you guys.

This has been an incredibly backwards page, and it belongs to 1920 more than 2014.

Shame

Just say the word and I will convert you.

But muh feelings.

• Like 2

Abusive players within games don't want to be moderated so they will resist any game mechanics designed for these purposes. Common sense is then cast aside and absurd examples are presented as reasons to not take any action towards that specific avenue open to abuse. Either way, it is good to see opinions presented on the issue as that gives more indication into that persons character. Then one knows who to avoid, pay little attention to, etc.

Rage on minions, for I am neither superior to or beneath you, just another tangent within these walls of dissonance walking into the unknown with a bold indifference to ineptitude.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

This thread is still going...?

Has this become a last post wins thread?

• Like 1