Sign in to follow this  
Tpikol

offensive coins names

not sure anyone is crying..so to marginalize what  can be considered highly inappropriate and offensive not only attemps to negate the true point , ..serves to also exacerbates it.  I think we have some rules in place in the game to attempt to maintain some decorum, some civility so all have fun playing ..the entire point of a web based game.  just sayin...

Edited by Greasygrundle

Would probably be best simply to remove the ability to name coins at all

Eh, that is not really the point, what is seen can not be unseen. Lots of these floating around, and others with hurtful naming. There is really no repercussion for this unless the GM can trace who named the coin last.

Would probably be best simply to remove the ability to name coins at all, or have tokens remove the names of coins. 

I think you all should not care. 

Haters be Hating...

let it get to you and they truly win.

If I can't call a trader "African-American euphemism" then people should not be able to cast any slur against anyone by way of item name. Rules should be applied evenly

Lol i actually think its pretty funny, how can we as a community care about these things? I mean i dunno this daolin but if i would see a coin which says something like this about me i would just smile.

Really? Remove a handy feature from the game because some moron abuses it? I bet ya'll would do away with the walls in public restrooms too?  :rolleyes:

O68oUky.jpg

*Deep Breathing*

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Rather than removing a function on account of what clearly is harassment and abuse of the function, I would rather see the database include the player's unique ID tagged on when coins are named.  Color added to highlight the proposed solution.  The culprit should then be held accountable in whatever is deemed suitably painful.  I would personally delete their existence entirely but I'm mean and have no patience.

If that causes some of you to "cry" (as seems to be the popular term) because it's the internet and you should get to be a moron... don't fret.  You can still be a moron, you just can't be that much of a moron more than once.  

• Like 2

Just to go off topic for a sec - how did you get 2 hand mirrors?  I didn't think it was possible to trade these!  I have an ugly toon that I would love to give a makeover to!

Lol i actually think its pretty funny, how can we as a community care about these things? I mean i dunno this daolin but if i would see a coin which says something like this about me i would just smile.

• Like 4

Rules are rules. Don't play the game if you're not willing to abide by them.

The fact is that people have found a way to abuse a mechanic in a way as to make public statements that would not be acceptable on a public chat channel, and are exploiting a loophole, ignoring the spirit of the game-rules and obeying only the letter of the rulings.

Coins deposited in a token should at least be subject to censoring of language, otherwise the censoring mechanic is a useless feature for those that use it. If censoring is a default feature of a game as it is in Wurm, then it shouldn't be able to be got around when enabled. I don't use it, but as it is in the game, it should work.

Beyond that, naming things that go into public circulation, whether it be your character name in Local, or renaming items on public display; these things should be covered in game-rules to the letter, and able to be acted upon by GMs especially if it's part of abuse in a player dispute.

• Like 2

Can not think of one valid reason we need to be able to rename coins just remove it.

• Like 3

Damn man, what ever happened to free speech?

All this political correctness is getting a bit out of hand...

• Like 7

Either find a way to regulate it like chat or remove the feature (which would be kinda sad, I always thought it was neat).

For those suggesting it's not serious, please bear in mind that particular insult (like many others) has different meanings and different strengths to those meanings in different cultures, to different generations etc. I personally find it extremely offensive.

• Like 3

Damn man, what ever happened to free speech?

All this political correctness is getting a bit out of hand...

Edited by silakka
  • Like 2

Shocking when you consider you can get a stern telling off or ban for naming a structure "Burlesque House" or some such thing.

free speech =/= insulting someone

Edited by Dextrome

Eh, I think its better if you just shrug it off...
Something so petty shouldn't be taken seriously, just laugh it off, rename it "I love you too" and move on. 
Not saying that we should be a community that tolerates defamation, but one that doesn't take itself too seriously. 

Though i think we should be able to know who renamed it last and let the "problem" be dealt with by the players if they so chose to care. 
I mean, wurm loves stupid drama ;)

#coindrama2014

For those suggesting it's not serious, please bear in mind that particular insult (like many others) has different meanings and different strengths to those meanings in different cultures, to different generations etc. I personally find it extremely offensive.

It is what it is, and no matter how offensive it may be, they're still just words...

People don't get banned from life for saying bad words... come on now. -_-

I think I said this once already... But yeah, defamation lawsuits, and blue laws that say swearing in pubic is a jailable/finable offence. At least in America, land of the "free". 

I think I said this once already... But yeah, defamation lawsuits, and blue laws that say swearing in pubic is a jailable/finable offence. At least in America, land of the "free". 

merica

• Like 1