Sign in to follow this  

It seems that for the most part all Libila spells do the same amount of damage weather a person has plate on or not. I had two priests with similar stats cast spells on each other with and without plate. What I found was that Shard of Ice had nearly a 70% damage reduction from plate, Liblia not so much. I did not have a Magranon priest with similar starts as the Vynora/Libila priests but the same affect was seen with Fire Heart.

Due to these spells being able to hit though plate with full damage, these spells extremely over powered and imbalanced. From what I found, if 5 Libila priests cast worm brains at the same time then they can kill a person in one spell rotation. These spells are being non stop casted in pvp fights to create a extreme advantage for one side. This can be seen in a lot of fight but most notably in boat fights. Libila priests do not need to do archery because the spells do not miss or glance off of plate and do full damage though the plate. They can ride the same speed as the other boat and non stop spam spells from a distance. The other side can try to use archery but the glance rate is around 70-80% (if not more) when the other person shield is facing the person who is archering them.

What needs to be done is add reduced damage similar to the white light spells on the Libila spells or find some balance between them.

421d878520.png

The green boxes represent damages that are too high.

The red boxes represent damages that are too low.

The red text shows the no damage reduction though plate.

This was tested on Epic on 7/13-7/14.

Please do not troll and only post things that have prof or logical reason behind them.

edit:

I used my mag priest to test Fire Heart. The stats are different but but the damage reduction is still the same for plate.

Edited by blayze
  • Like 9

where is the graphs for your other priests ? as you can bring 3 to the battle vynora  fo  and last but not least mag

Edited by wasntme

Agreed. Balancing needs to take place, not because QQ BL IS WINNING, but take a look at something like Scorn of Libila: no cool down, only 30(?) favor to cast/I believe it unlocks at 33(?)... And light of Fo is being called the only WL combat measure, which has no cool down, needs 60! Faith to cast, and is unlock able at 30. 60 faith! That's a few months of priesting.

Just a little balancing issues as of late.

psst vynora is not a battle priest

Edited by blayze

Hello, I am pretty new to Epic and want to ask something.

Can you please make another graph wearing studdet armor?

Maybe plate will increase the damage done by Libila and studded armor will decrease it, do you thought about that?

• Like 1

Hello, I am pretty new to Epic and want to ask something.

Can you please make another graph wearing studdet armor?

Maybe plate will increase the damage done by Libila and studded armor will decrease it, do you thought about that?

well "yvnora" has faster skill gain, so just get the soul strenght up to compensate

Please no trolling and only plate is used in pvp

• Like 1

Ill do some testing with Mag priest and post the results here in a day or so. I can tell you just from experience, they are about the same as the Vyn ones Blayze posted.

do rember that u guys "wl" has some fancy passives that we bl don't have, so i don't see the reason why our spells would not do more dmg the yours.

• Like 1

Seriously, another thread. For god sake if we weren't stuck with lib priests as BL i would pick being a mag just because the damage passive is so awesome compared to lib who gets some spells and most notably rebirth (with equipped weapons too). Light of fo counters scorn also. It's not OP. It is simply that you guys do not have enough priests.

• Like 1

do rember that u guys "wl" has some fancy passives that we bl don't have, so i don't see the reason why our spells would not do more dmg the yours.

Seriously, another thread. For god sake if we weren't stuck with lib priests as BL i would pick being a mag just because the damage passive is so awesome compared to lib who gets some spells and most notably rebirth (with equipped weapons too). Light of fo counters scorn also. It's not OP. It is simply that you guys do not have enough priests.

This is a bug report on the damage of spells, not a suggestion. 

Edited by blayze
  • Like 1

It wouldn't be a problem that lib priests are a little bit stronger as it does make sense for them to be. However, if they are strong to the point that even on land the priests chose to cast instead of use melee, that is a BIG problem. In no way should any damage spells be better than an axe in the face, atleast not one with only 30-35 favour to cast and 15 seconds to cast it.

Edit: Nerf all priests, cannot use shields while casting (like archery) Fair?

Edited by Csponge

Agreed. Balancing needs to take place, not because QQ BL IS WINNING, but take a look at something like Scorn of Libila: no cool down, only 30(?) favor to cast/I believe it unlocks at 33(?)... And light of Fo is being called the only WL combat measure, which has no cool down, needs 60! Faith to cast, and is unlock able at 30. 60 faith! That's a few months of priesting.

Just a little balancing issues as of late.

Scorn does have a cooldown. Your light of fo is what doesn't. Stop getting it twisted.

Sorry, but I dont think you got my point.

I am not trolling in any way, this was a serious question.

Studded isn't used in PvP, and even if it was, it wouldn't matter what sortve damage spells did if you got twoshot in melee anyway.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

This is a bug report on the damage of spells, not a suggestion. 

• Like 3

Thanks for all of the personal insults, im glad that we are working together to help balance the game and improve the experience for the current and future players

(posts have been removed, thanks)

Edited by blayze
  • Like 1

How do you know that this is a bug?

Edited by blayze

Its being reported as a bug because it doesnt make sense that the other non Libila combat spells have a reduction and Libila spells dont. Not sure if it was intended or what not, but doesnt seem right. Also please BL'ers lets stay on topic, and relevant to the original post. No one can make a single post regarding Libila you all jump the bandwagon and derail the thread.

• Like 2

Maybe it is one of the thousands of bugs? Maybe it's a balance that libila-priest does not pray and can cast on freedom?

It is wurm ;)

Please keep on topic. This is about the damage reduction of armor with spells.

Although I will explain the multiple gods thing for those who don't understand.

The spell set of heals, ranged damage and pillars are split up between the three white light gods. Only Fo can cast heal spells and only vyn/mag can cast pillars and ranged damage spells. In order to be able to have all of the pvp spells the population has to split up between the three different gods. Liblia has all of these spells put into one god. So everyone can heal, cast range damage spells and link together to cast max pillars every single time.

Although this topic is for a different thread. So please go to another thread to talk about it.

Also please BL stop trying to derail this thread. It seems that some of you cant read i will post this again.

Please do not troll and only post things that have prof or logical reason behind them.

Edited by blayze

you cant really compare lib priests with vynora priests :/