Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

xanadu and transportation.

What about the guys sailing in the opposite direction?  A strong wind or gale in your favour means some poor bugger sailing in opposite direction is sitting at 4km/h or worse - at least with light breeze its better for all sailors going in all directions.

But as has been mentioned - row boats are the way to go - unless you need to deliver bulk items!

Actually what i meant by "bury the idea of communist winds" hehehehehe................ along with light breeze! 

One solution is to make it so sailing does not use stamina unless the winds have died. then it kicks in and gives you a speed boost as it slowly uses up your stamina.

• Like 2

One solution is to make it so sailing does not use stamina unless the winds have died. then it kicks in and gives you a speed boost as it slowly uses up your stamina.

I've never understood why standing in a boat uses stamina to start with. If sailing in a decent wind didn't use stamina at least we'd be able to put travel time to some decent use imping or something. 

• Like 2

Actually what i meant by "bury the idea of communist winds" hehehehehe................ along with light breeze! 

So trying to be objective and look at an argument from both sides and thinking about other people and not just oneself is your definition of communism?

The level of ignorance and obtuseness in this world still manages to surprise me!

I like the idea of being able to forecast weather conditions ahead of time so we can plan ahead.

Being able to do things while hanging out on a boat would be nice too, such as imping as Amber suggested or I've seen someone else somewhere suggesting fishing while sailing.

I'd rather see things added to sailing to make it more interesting than seeing things removed from sailing.  It's a cool facet of the game that seems pretty unique.  The variety of boats could also affect what someone can do while travelling.  I wouldn't want to cook on my sailboat, but kinda seems like a caravel has plenty of room for all kinds of options.  It would be nice to make better use of its long distance purposes.

funny how this game does not have a loading screen yet will make a you wait to arrive at destination...

wogic?

+1 we need something we COULD do instead of just going afk on sailing trips, mini games, crafting/ imping while sailing ... even give us a discount on our Netflix since its a service you support vicariously?

If nothing else, perhaps enable fishing to complete successfully while the boat is moving?

That would be a nice way to pass the time and offer some achievement (and skill use) that could be done while travelling.  As it is now, moving a few tiles disrupts the fishing attempt as the tile cast in gets out of range.  Codewise, the type of "catch" (if successful) could be based on the tile the boat is on at the time the actual fish is caught and brought in on.

So trying to be objective and look at an argument from both sides and thinking about other people and not just oneself is your definition of communism?

The level of ignorance and obtuseness in this world still manages to surprise me!

Take a chill pill, take a deep breath, grow up, and grow less sensitive.

"Communist winds" = "permanent light breeze" .......... a twist on your words, a JOKE.

I've hauled over 150s of goods in the past 2 weeks alone, including Release to Deli.

Think you're the only who's seen a corb pass in the opposite direction a 30km/h while you do 9km/h?  My thought was "I hope winds hold that direction for my return trip", not "His speed and mine should be averaged"..... hence the origin of the "communist winds joke".

Big difference between a dedicated sailor and a ship owner, after all, so far all my deliveries were to ports with knarrs so.....

Avast, ye landlubber!

Take a chill pill, take a deep breath, grow up, and grow less sensitive.

"Communist winds" = "permanent light breeze" .......... a twist on your words, a JOKE.

I've hauled over 150s of goods in the past 2 weeks alone, including Release to Deli.

Think you're the only who's seen a corb pass in the opposite direction a 30km/h while you do 9km/h?  My thought was "I hope winds hold that direction for my return trip", not "His speed and mine should be averaged"..... hence the origin of the "communist winds joke".

Big difference between a dedicated sailor and a ship owner, after all, so far all my deliveries were to ports with knarrs so.....

Avast, ye landlubber!

Ah, the old, "don't be so sensitive" retort after a failed attempt at humour has been made, yet you seem incensed enough yourself to respond - the words pot and kettle come to mind.

To be fair though you do seem to be a very accomplished sailor - I am in awe of the examples you give of your prowess upon the high seas.  Maybe you should stick to more nautical related humour so you don't stretch yourself so much in future and leave the political satire to the more discerning players who actually know what they are talking about!

Thank you for this example, which is what makes me think that a rowboat would better suit my purposes for sailing up and down the west coast of Xanadu for some viewings of the progress there, as well as visiting any nearby Markets on occasion.

=Ayes=

A word of warning, we sailed down the entire west coast looking for semi decent land  and.... appart from the inlet south of Glasshollow, there was pretty much nothing but mountains and cliff. 

gameover_xanadu.jpg

Edited by boombza

Well, I went ahead and purchased a rowboat. Spotted one close to where I live so the transaction and pickup was easy. I had a rowboat on Indy and found that it was quite nice for short trips around the vicinity. No doubt it will be fun to row out to the islands nearby and around some coves into sheltered massive bays not far away. I have always preferred the rowboats simple straightforward approach without the need to zig zag all over the place to get from here to there on these types of trips.

=Ayes=