Sign in to follow this  
Cirianna

Stolen Knarr

Darkside of the Moon knarr has been stolen from deed Innsmouth at M25 on Xanadu.  It is a cherrywood knarr that was locked and set with permissions although it had recently crossed over the border from Release to Xanadu, so possibly had some malfunction with permissions in the transition.  Sign was left that said "Dude where's my knarr!!!" on the docks.  This sign was made by Ko.e.

Any information that is available regarding the stolen boat or the thief would be greatly appreciated.  Please send a message to Cirianna, Deathhuntsalone or Bokora in game. 

Thanks.

Yes, tracking showed a Dulcien two days ago.  As far as we know, this is not a neighbor or anyone we know and is not a friend.

Sadly, one that knows he is safe from persecution because of the game rules.

The bizarre thing is "  It is a cherrywood knarr that was locked and set with permissions ".

So how could it be stolen by anyone without permissions, unless it is like the small chests that are locked and carried across servers are made useless type of bug.

• Like 1

I don't think "game rules" or lack thereof come into play here, permissions have been doing weird things on Xanadu.  Not the first case I hear, though other ones were friends finding out during boat loans.

Boat back in my possession...hull empty.  Thanks for all who helped to locate it.

• Like 1

I'm happy to hear that all this turned out well..and yes well all know..n get clumsy about making sure things stay locked.  also seems there is a possible bug with boats/locks n server crossings...all that said..what i do find bewildering..with all the things to craft n do in the game that take hours n weeks n months..who or why..take your wurm time going about checking this boat , that boat this cart..that cart..to see if it's unlocked n can be stolen..i mean..who takes that on as their motivation or mission n a game built around grinding crafting.  I do find this element sad.  it's as sad as those that may take it upon themselves to be disruptive in chat simply because they like the drama n chaos or unhappy themselves.  when i first read your post i thought..well they'll say you should have locked it..n true..but really..i was more sad that in that small window of time you came over..someone took it upon themselves to find n check your boat n be off with it.

Edited by Greasygrundle

Earlier this morning I saw an orange event warning that there was some recent bug with ships becoming unlocked during server crossings. If ships are stolen as a result both they and the contents will be returned to the owner. I assume the opportunist taking the same will receive some sort of reprimand for doing so, although that part was not stated. 

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Boat back in my possession...hull empty. 

If it was a bug that allowed the boat to be taken despite locks and permissions, then you might want to open a support ticket, to get the items  within the boat returned / replaced (from your post it sounded like there were items inside).

GMs took care of this.  Thanks for the advice about a support ticket.