Sign in to follow this  
islixana

Scorn of Liblia

If this is true, and lets assume it is for the sake of your argument, then why was it spammed so much in the fight? why would anyone use a spell that doesn't do damage? 

How many times do propheteer and I have to say this? It's our only way to mass heal. It's AOE heal sucks AND IS BASED ON THE NUMBER OF TARGETS AND DAMAGE DEALT, so we have to spam it to get anything out of it, or else we're just using cotton while fighting.

How is this so hard for you people to understand?

Edited by Stormi
  • Like 1

no one is questioning or debating the damage/heals 

Can you post the logs from your test? Our testing disagrees, might be an issue with the 1 by 1 though. It happened at the fight because of the unfinished structure, but if it's happening to you we should try to fully understand it.

video of spell in question spell healed a 20+ damage wound and did 7.4 damage after 60% damage reduction as a champ for people commenting about the spells healing and damage prowess

I wouldn't concern myself with 1 big wound, as light of fo works the same way, it's an amount of wounds that full heal.  Are you sure about 7.4 dmg?  Can't really tell by the healthbar, but BL used scorn on mrh earlier today and someone had a 23 dmg wound after 5 casts, 4.6 or so dmg on avg per cast, quite a bit less than 7.4, and the last time mr fought bl at the hota steppe a while ago scorn hit me for 10dmg when I had the old 3x internal weakness, it might rely a lot on your stats?

edit- that said, if it's really going through finished houses it should be changed imo, but depends if it's bugged or if that's a suggestion to make

Edited by MrGARY

the same thing happened with pain rain.  when the spell was first released it on wild it was able to go into houses, and people trying to defend walls and stuff were literally dying to spam of it, and Rolf himself said it was unintended.  no one is arguing the damage and healing ability, although many think it's broken, but you can see clearly right there in a full secure building it goes right into it.  

yes understandable people thought because walls were unfinished and open on that house at the fight was the cause, but we tested it, and video is there.  a house doesnt protect you.  

• Like 1

Pillars and spells can do through walls bu afaik they cant go through houses. Good testing with scorn though and a nice catch we will need confirmation if this is intended or not because it is the only spell i know that can do that (pain rain? Idk)

Seems all these BL guys are a little too quick to defend their position here. A little more than suspicious if you ask me. This isnt what this section is for. Sorry could we actually get a mod in here to clean it up?

Pillars and spells can do through walls bu afaik they cant go through houses. Good testing with scorn though and a nice catch we will need confirmation if this is intended or not because it is the only spell i know that can do that (pain rain? Idk)

Seems all these BL guys are a little too quick to defend their position here. A little more than suspicious if you ask me. This isnt what this section is for. Sorry could we actually get a mod in here to clean it up?

I think the "quick to defend thing" is more of a misunderstanding because this all came forth out of a big fight where this particular behavior was not relevant, which is what most of us were trying to point out (granted we have our share of nintendojoe's etc who talk before they think).

It is hard to argue with that video yes, I find it difficult to imagine it is intended. the only issue I can see with it is the building not having a roof, IDK how that influences wurm thinking of a building as "closed".  Mind you, we were not aware of this either during that battle and I am guessing it is not the only spell that will work through finished structures (pain rain, tentacles, LoF, fireball, other sorcery AoE's come to mind).

The fact that it heals a 20 damage wound is simply because of how the spell works. It fully heals 2 random wounds. I don't think that is imbalanced, you will rarely run around with just 2 big wounds in a fight, as you can see in most of our battles on video (e.g. my youtube channel) it usually heals our people for about 5-15%. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Plus, 2 wounds is what standing on a pillar for like 5 seconds will give you (and abracadabra there is the reason we were casting it so much instead of pain rain during the battle), so it's an easy counter.

Looking at that video makes me think it bypasses champ reduction, since 5-8 damage is pretty much what it deals to everyone and everything with average stats.

the same thing happened with pain rain.  when the spell was first released it on wild it was able to go into houses, and people trying to defend walls and stuff were literally dying to spam of it, and Rolf himself said it was unintended.  no one is arguing the damage and healing ability, although many think it's broken, but you can see clearly right there in a full secure building it goes right into it.  

yes understandable people thought because walls were unfinished and open on that house at the fight was the cause, but we tested it, and video is there.  a house doesnt protect you.  

I was in that fight, people diein left and right to spell spam, Champ almost died healing max until he left world in his scale.

It was deemed from then on that spells dont go through house walls.

Mind you, we were not aware of this either during that battle and I am guessing it is not the only spell that will work through finished structures (pain rain, tentacles, LoF, fireball, other sorcery AoE's come to mind).

most of us dont care what happened at that fight, we moved on, and most don't care about the damage or healing ability it has.  its just a guy reporting it can go into houses and effect you, and no others can, and really there's no counter for that -- if you can't run into a house for safety like other spells its pretty broken.  other spells that used to have that ability shared the equal change such as pain rain.  its nothing more than that.

Edited by Postes

Can a Moderator clean this thread of any none thread related posts, this is the maintenance section not the skirmishes thread. The Post regards a spell hitting through structures. Not damage or its ability to heal. Quick feedback from the developement team would be nice.

A quick fix would be nice, as posteh said there is no way to defend against that which is against the spirit of wurm and community gameplay.

lulz, you must be new to wurm if you think this needs a quicker fix than the dozens of other bugs, like the one that disconnected me and others mid-fight and actually caused a death. Plus, you didn't even thoroughly test all the factors. Post another video trying it with the roof on, or with a wall broken, or under open-arched tiles like we were casting it. We were technically casting from within the building the entire time (under the arches), you were only separated by another room which is different than being outside a 1x1. It's probably another of several bugs with structures currently, not scorn--all of the aoe spells were leaking through the rooms in that fight.

Edited by Versai

Nice try versai but it has already been tested as going through solid walls bro. Proof is in the pudding.