Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Staff Interviews: Wurm’s Server Programmer – Erik Nytting *UPDATED*

EDIT: I've updated the interview to include content that I previously cut out. You can find it here!

Another Thursday, another interview with Wurm-people! This week we chat with server-programmer Erik Nytting!

banner_erik_800.jpg

Click here to read!

Take care y'all!

/Lars

• Like 6

Another Thursday, another interview with Wurm-people! This week we chat with server-programmer Erik Nytting!

banner_erik_800.jpg

Click here to read!

Take care y'all!

/Lars

I loved the part about how Rolf said he could have a job without knowing he could code, clearly Rolf really trusts the staff to accept his word on the matter.

Nice read, who's up next week !!!

Edit: Forgot to say, great profile pic Bucket lol, you look great ;)

Edited by Shadz

I loved the part about how Rolf said he could have a job without knowing he could code, clearly Rolf really trusts the staff to accept his word on the matter.

Nice read, who's up next week !!!

Yeah, I thought it was great as well. It wasn't super surprising to me though, knowing Rolf. ^^

Next up is the second piece of the two-piece programming-puzzle, Alexander "Haradur" Åström. Although I was considering interviewing a player next week (im running out of developers lol) but we'll see.

Btw there was a sizable amount of content cut this week because of time-restrictions, but if there is any interest I can put up an "extended edition" of the interview during the weekend. The stuff I cut out was mostly about more specific parts of the work-process, but since it was interesting to me maybe it'd be interesting to you guys as well.

these are really cool, they're more than just an interview, i feel like each one is a short story about the staff and wurm. great read. 

• Like 1

An extended version with specific parts of the work-process sounds interesting

• Like 1

Another very brief but interesting insight into more about this particular developer, Erik Nytting. I enjoy reading these each week and hopefully some sort of interviews will continue. Still, I am looking forward to RedBaron's Weekly Updates returning and hopefully these interviews will no displace those.

=Ayes=

Rolf, can I have a job? Gypysypunk says I can code!

PS: Thanks for the great reference, Gypsypunk. Don't tell him anything else about me, though, or he surely won't hire me!

PS2: Great interview! :)

• Like 2

Thanks for another fun read! I would love to see more in depth about the process. Looking forward to more great interviews

though the content had a lil less meat in the samich....this was teh funniest most amusing read..good to see how fluid,dynamic, and off the cuff some things grow from chance

• Like 1

Awesome interview once again. Has been very nice to see more developers sides of the story! Defiantly want to read the expanded interview!

• Like 1

Another very brief but interesting insight into more about this particular developer, Erik Nytting. I enjoy reading these each week and hopefully some sort of interviews will continue. Still, I am looking forward to RedBaron's Weekly Updates returning and hopefully these interviews will no displace those.

=Ayes=

No worries, he will keep on doing the weekly updates once he gets back.

Ok guys, I'll get to work on the expanded interview, shouldn't take too long.

Edit: Btw, I'll go easier with the trimming in the future, I underestimate people's online attention-span. I always assume everyone is as easily distracted as myself.

• Like 3

No worries, he will keep on doing the weekly updates once he gets back.

Ok guys, I'll get to work on the expanded interview, shouldn't take too long.

Edit: Btw, I'll go easier with the trimming in the future, I underestimate people's online attention-span. I always assume everyone is as easily distracted as myself.

Oh c'mon... Who doesn't love squirrels grabbing your attention? (we need squirrels in wurm) lol

Usually I'm getting quite easily distracted as well... unless I'm at work and there's stuff in the wurm forums to read B)

• Like 1

I've done an updated interview with content that I previously cut out. You can find it here!

Oh c'mon... Who doesn't love squirrels grabbing your attention? (we need squirrels in wurm) lol

I know what I'm proposing at the next staff-meeting!

Usually I'm getting quite easily distracted as well... unless I'm at work and there's stuff in the wurm forums to read B)

Haha, at least you got your priorities straight. 

• Like 3

I know what I'm proposing at the next staff-meeting!

hehe, that'd be so weird, but hey, if they were implemented, maybe we could see them more than crabs, turtles and seals ;)

I still haven't seen a single crab, turtle or seal. I refuse to believe they are real until one of them stumbles in my path.

Incidentally, I still believe in Santa Claus, despite the fact that I have never seen him in person.

• Like 2

I won't be able to crank out an interview today, since I have my vacation week. My woman is making me do all kinds of weird stuff. 

how about we just relax and eat some ice-cream or something? nah, lets go CLIMBING IN SPIDER-INFESTED CAVES!

i%20grotta.jpg

here's a picture of my butt when I got stuck in a crevice.

i%20grotta%20ass.jpg

/Lars

• Like 2

here's a picture of my butt when I got stuck in a crevice.

i%20grotta%20ass.jpg

/Lars

Aeris has some competition... lol

Edited by Shadz
  • Like 2

I won't be able to crank out an interview today, since I have my vacation week. My woman is making me do all kinds of weird stuff.

Yea! Sounds like a good vacation. Mrewr.

Edited by Valdor

EDIT: I've updated the interview to include content that I previously cut out. You can find it here!

banner_erik_800.jpg

Click here to read!

Take care y'all!

/Lars

My my... he looks so handsome <3 . Mind to take a stroll on mycellium ErikN? I promise I won't steal your heart again *hides a sickle*..

The interview is a lie, there is no stairs in wurm!

Good job mister bucket. I'm waiting for Tich's interview to compare with what I know about her :P . And players interview.. that gonna be interesting... although some of the people that make some of remarkable history on wurm are not playing anymore... (like unforgiven, the origin of the horde and HotS)

• Like 1