Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

Xanadu - Map Editors

I have been avoiding adding deeds last few days.  I had experimented with map tiles etc. and getting it all going but was time limited on it.  Black Legion on chaos has it all working nice and they setting it up for me on Xan.  No point to re-invent the wheel right?  And it would allow editors to be assigned and everything who could edit the map as needed, layers, labels etc.

So that is in the works, just getting it to work right with the rectangle image that is from the game vs a square one atm.

Right now I do not know who is interested in being an editor of the xan map so please post here if interested for when it is ready (should be soon).  All the deeds from my last update will be transferred to the new map automatically but there are quite a few piling up in the map thread.

I'd like to toss my ticket into the hat please.

i'm not sure what qualifications are needed yet i'm on daily and wouldn't mind assisting in updating the map..i know it's an ongoing, ever constant need to add deeds and adjust placements,  labels,   canals, and roads.

Edited by Greasygrundle

Hopefully this time the Xanadu map will be accessed online as most other Freedom Isles PvE server maps are. I really dislike having to download a pdf file that then must be used through their viewer, or whatever it is that all this involves.

Since I realize that you have put a lot of time and effort into creating and maintaining the updating of the current map format I have been hesitant to bring up any dissatisfaction concerning it; but, as it is currently formatted in this manner I rarely use it. Perhaps others feel the same way as well but would rather not mention it. Who knows.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I love being able to search the map would the new one keep that?

I also wouldn't mind being a editor. I wouldn't want to take on a map project on my own but being part of a team that does it +1

Looks like you already have lots of volunteers but you can call on me if you need any help.

I'd be more than happy to lend a hand keeping the map updated

Looks like you already have lots of volunteers but you can call on me if you need any help.

With so many volunteers I figured the map would begin updating again by now. :P  Did all your volunteers back out Mama? Or are they still in Map Updater School? :lol:

No rush - Just curious.

Where can we see this amazing BL map? If it is so wonderful and great why is it nowhere to be found on the chaos forums? If you did not have time to do the map why did you not say so over a month ago when I offered up an alternative, that OMG had the ability to have multple editors work on with with all the features of rollover info etc...?

Where can we see this amazing BL map? If it is so wonderful and great why is it nowhere to be found on the chaos forums

Because it's secret...

Where can we see this amazing BL map? If it is so wonderful and great why is it nowhere to be found on the chaos forums? If you did not have time to do the map why did you not say so over a month ago when I offered up an alternative, that OMG had the ability to have multple editors work on with with all the features of rollover info etc...?

??? Jeez. Someone is grumpy.

Where can we see this amazing BL map? If it is so wonderful and great why is it nowhere to be found on the chaos forums? 

The map utility is pretty amazing, but that is about all that can be made available. The reason it is not on the Chaos forums is because it is a kingdom map. It has information that is, and should not be, made available to the public or enemy kingdoms. 

If Xanadu is going to be using this utility, it will be awesome, make no mistake. Well worth the wait...

To Note: I did not make, or aid in the making of the utility, just expressing that if it is indeed the one we use, it is sweet.

Edited by GorgonKain
  • Like 1

Hopefully this time the Xanadu map will be accessed online as most other Freedom Isles PvE server maps are. I really dislike having to download a pdf file that then must be used through their viewer, or whatever it is that all this involves.

Since I realize that you have put a lot of time and effort into creating and maintaining the updating of the current map format I have been hesitant to bring up any dissatisfaction concerning it; but, as it is currently formatted in this manner I rarely use it. Perhaps others feel the same way as well but would rather not mention it. Who knows.

=Ayes=

maybe it is your browser?  I don't know anyone who downloads it to view.  it shows in the browser.  It gives extra options if you do download it but most don't....

yes.  the map is indeed ready (done).  I was not able to get with the maker this week we were not on same times it seems. but in the interest of getting it up and done he will just put it on the new host and transfer ownership vs me uploading/configuring it all to the site i already made on the same host.

I also got a new basemap for it to strip out all the extra and just be the main map.  Which will also scale later if mapdump comes so coords can be transposed.

So it was supposed to be live a week ago.  but well, it's not.  but it is just around the corner at least.

as far as what the BL map does etc. or how it looks that is a private kingdom map and it is not my place to share it's info, sorry for that.  Nor am I a member of BL or have any affiliation with their kingdom.

• Like 3

Hi. Ill have your map online in a couple of hours. Sorry for the delay, we have been under a lot of presure from our enemies and was busy in the chaos war effort.

• Like 2

Those of you that want to be editors, register on the map : http://xanadu-wurm.rhcloud.com/register ( Email can be fake ) and PM the username to Mamadarkness ( and me since mama doesnt seem to be on today ) to give you edit rights and a description on how it works. Soz for the forgotten Blacklighters skin on the editors panel :P

Edited by Issle

maybe it is your browser?  I don't know anyone who downloads it to view.  it shows in the browser.  It gives extra options if you do download it but most don't....

Thanks for response. I noticed some days back while trying to view it again that it now just opens right up in IE without any download delay as in the early version when I had used it. Also very nice with zoom choices, as well as being able to scroll up/down/side to side with the arrow keys on keyboard. Well done.

=Ayes=

Those of you that want to be editors, register on the map : http://xanadu-wurm.rhcloud.com/register ( Email can be fake ) and PM the username to Mamadarkness ( and me since mama doesnt seem to be on today ) to give you edit rights and a description on how it works. Soz for the forgotten Blacklighters skin on the editors panel :P

Username? 

Well the username/mail you register with. same thing. Doesnt need to be real one.

• Like 1

Thanks for response. I noticed some days back while trying to view it again that it now just opens right up in IE without any download delay as in the early version when I had used it. Also very nice with zoom choices, as well as being able to scroll up/down/side to side with the arrow keys on keyboard. Well done.

=Ayes=

Yeah I noticed that one of the earliest versions did not show labels unless you downloaded it. It has been fixed for some time.