Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Chance Mining Drops Seryll and Adamantine as well as Gems

Back in the day Wild used to have a monopoly on high ql iron, now they've got one on seryll and addy. Sure, it's hardly as bad as the high ql iron thing, but he's getting awfully close to repeating his previous mistakes.

Wise words old chap.

+1

Edited by Elen

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Margus, July 9, 2014 - Double post
Hidden by Margus, July 9, 2014 - Double post

-oops, did a quote instead of an edit, please delete this post

Edited by Ecrir

How is it a mistake?   It looked very deliberate to me, there are reasons and advantages you have with belonging to a community on Chaos.   Glimmersteel armor is very hard to make, it takes an abasolute ton of the stuff, helmets are at most what we bother with, and even then its more economical to make the stuff out of addy.  Its much more useful as weapon metal, even if it is quite powerful as an armor metal.   

Addy armor itself, isn't any diffrent than plate in protection, just in durability.    Before you rail on at how overpowered the stuff is, try actually useing it in pvp before you make assumptions.    I see just as many iron longswords in pvp as I do Glimmersteel.   I fight in plate myself, even though I could probably get a drake set if I wanted one.     This isn't because we lack for drake sets, its because I know my character's limits.  No one I've ever seen wears moon metal outside of helmets, in pvp.   We might have made a set to test, but we have the dragon armor stuff, that is much more available. 

Anyways, I have zero comprehension what nefing the moon metals would accomplish, only thing it would do is devalue the stuff as anything but vanity armor, and make actually fighting for it useless, which is a completely stupid thing to do. It gives PMKs a goal to work for.   Honestly the stuff dosen't belong on Freedom, people who don't need it to fight with have no need of it, if they did get it all it would do is make it as common as dirt, and for what?   So you can have a helmet that glows in the dark?    (hell it really even doesn't do that anymore since Rolf nerfed the glow)   

I mean the whole thing is completely stupid.    If I ever left MR, I'd turn in my helmet and not look back.  I certainy can survive just fine without it on Freedom.  

Back in the day it was a mistake because if you wanted the high ql iron you were forced to go to a pvp area, or pay a premium to somebody from that pvp area.

Right now if you want the better types of armor you've got to go to a pvp area even if you don't want to pvp and just want to pve, or you can buy the stuff from somebody on Chaos, likely again at a premium as that server has a monopoly on it.

Sure it's not as important as high ql iron is, but I feel it's a repeat of the same mistake with PvP players having an economic advantage over PvE players. What resources do the PvE servers have which are not available on Chaos? Yeah, none. Which does Chaos have which are not available on the other PvE servers? Several types of metals, required to make the best armors. Oh and Libilia priests. I feel Rolf should have taken a more balanced approach with the metals so they can also be obtained on the Freedom servers and not just on Chaos. Or they shouldn't be available anywhere in the cluster.

Edited by Ecrir

You don't have to like (or participate in) every aspect of the game.

If someone doesn't like mining, they don't have to become a miner. They understand that they won't have a steady supply of metal, and they don't complain. It was their choice.

If someone doesn't like smithing, they don't have to smith. They understand that tools and gear will be harder to come by, and they don't complain. It was their choice.

If someone doesn't like carpentry, they don't have to be a carpenter. They understand that they won't be able to build a very big house, and they don't complain. It was their choice.
If someone doesn't like the priest penalties, they don't have to be a priest. They understand that they'll have to pay people for enchants, and they don't complain. It was their choice.
And if someone doesn't like risking their life for moon metal, they don't have to risk their life for moon metal. But they need to understand that this comes at the cost of not having easy access to seryll, adamantine, and glimmersteel. It was their choice.

Moon metal, sorcery, and the like is not a necessity for playing this game. It is a bonus that people are rewarded with for taking risks. A lot of people might not like taking those risks, but this doesn't mean we need to take everything that makes Chaos and Epic unique, water it down, and spoonfeed it to them. By trying to co-opt our features, what you're saying is "I want everything that you have, but I don't want any of the downsides that come with it."

At any point, you could sail over to Chaos and earn your seryll, ada, and glimmer the same way everyone else does. There is no hard-coded barrier preventing you from getting it. You just don't want to. And that's totally fine. Play the game how you want. But it's a bit of a slap in the face to ask that an easier, risk-free way of obtaining these things be added in just because Freedomers are somehow above us degenerates who live on PvP servers.

• Like 4

Getting the metal dropping critters on Freedom would be fun, and a challenge for those with the FS and will to chase them. 

You may keep the retarded terraforming rubbish though. That stuff is just tucked up. 

@Battlepaw

Who are you to judge what freedom players need and what not? Dont we contribute to the game just like the people on chaos? Why should we be excluded to some stuff just because some chaos people are afraid about the atractivity of pvp?

Also, regarding your "bait-map". Why dont you write right below what will happen to a freedom player who get caught by your gang looking for the moon metals?

If you want moon metal, Valrei abilities, missions, karma abilities, etc. then you should also get deed-destroying terraforming events and clusters of drakespirits terrorizing the oceans. Fair is fair.

Why? If you put up with deed destroying terraforming events and clusters of drakespirits for the extra skill gains and the curve, does it mean we have to?

Just because some people haven't ever played PvP games, and actually believe what Wurm has is PvP and go there, do we have to follow?

In Summary if all pvp players started jumping of bridges should all the PvE have to follow? Don't try to force your decisions upon others. There's no reason for PvP to have stuff that freedom hasn't. If you think PvP is so great then PvP should be the only allure you want to go PvP. And i love how buthurt people are on epic when this is about Chaos vs the rest of freedom, and they still pitch in.

You don't have to like (or participate in) every aspect of the game.

If someone doesn't like mining, they don't have to become a miner. They understand that they won't have a steady supply of metal, and they don't complain. It was their choice.

If someone doesn't like smithing, they don't have to smith. They understand that tools and gear will be harder to come by, and they don't complain. It was their choice.

If someone doesn't like carpentry, they don't have to be a carpenter. They understand that they won't be able to build a very big house, and they don't complain. It was their choice.

If someone doesn't like the priest penalties, they don't have to be a priest. They understand that they'll have to pay people for enchants, and they don't complain. It was their choice.

And if someone doesn't like risking their life for moon metal, they don't have to risk their life for moon metal. But they need to understand that this comes at the cost of not having easy access to seryll, adamantine, and glimmersteel. It was their choice.

1. i can mine whenever i want also if my skills are low

2. i can smith whenever i want also if my skills are low

3. i need to ask 1 time if a friend can set me the house up.

4. i can become a priest whenever i want

so please tell me how i can optain some pieces of that shiny metal?

every point you put in that nice list is nearly selfoptainable, but that shiny metal isnt and thats the real problem.PVE player for example could say why does pvp needs that kind of amour make pvp more fair and just let all people wear chain amour

on pve otherwise we can where everything, even everyone on freedom would use dragon scale armour noone would be damaged!

so iam voting that all the pvp get rid of any speacial threadments and change all the fancy stuff to be pve only, of course just for a fair pvp fight ^^

i love you all guys. please dont hate me ;)

The experience of PVPing should be enough reward for those that wish to PVP. They should not need other incentives. So there is no reason to not give moon metals to Freedom Isles.

IF the experience of PVPing is not enough reward to keep PVPers. THEN Rolf needs to look at PVP, and fix it so that it is. PVPers already enjoy many benefits over any Freedom Isles person. They have kingdom titles, and they have access to artifacts. Some of the artifacts are not weapons and produce other effects not related to PVP. You also get the bonus of trading/stacking affinities.

I will state again. PVP should be the reward for living on a PVP server. IF that is not enough. Then the system is flawed, and the fault clearly lies in the PVP system.

• Like 5

While this topic as sort of devolved and derailed. I like the idea of at least getting Seryll from digging rather than mining with it being about as common as gems from mining. I wouldn't mind seeing all of the metal types show up on Freedom if we saw all of the monster types too. There's not really much point in better weapons/armor unless you need them to fight something of an equally better in terms of a foe.

Why? If you put up with deed destroying terraforming events and clusters of drakespirits for the extra skill gains and the curve, does it mean we have to?

Just because some people haven't ever played PvP games, and actually believe what Wurm has is PvP and go there, do we have to follow?

In Summary if all pvp players started jumping of bridges should all the PvE have to follow? Don't try to force your decisions upon others. There's no reason for PvP to have stuff that freedom hasn't. If you think PvP is so great then PvP should be the only allure you want to go PvP. And i love how buthurt people are on epic when this is about Chaos vs the rest of freedom, and they still pitch in.

Believe it or not, a lot of us hate the extra skillgain and the curve. The reason many people joined Epic when it was first released was specifically because we were told it'd be something unique -- a promise that quickly dissolved the moment people decided they deserved our features without having to put in the same effort or take the same risks.

Nobody's forcing you to do anything. Like I said in my other post, at any point you can sail over to Chaos and earn as much moon metal as you like. But you absolutely 100% refuse to take part in this particular aspect of the game, so you think there needs to be an alternative route to obtaining moon metal implemented specifically for you. And if this alternative method ruins certain PvP features (like HotA), then that's just an afterthought because PvP sucks anyway.

Imagine if you made this argument in any other context. What if you said "I really hate mining. For those of us who don't want to mine, we should add a spell that obliterates ore veins instantly and drops all of the ore at our feet." And then if somebody criticized the idea, you replied with "everybody deserves access to ore, not just people who like sitting around staring at rock walls all day. Stop trying to force me into your pro-miner playstyle." That's essentially what this has devolved into.

• Like 2

@Battlepaw

Who are you to judge what freedom players need and what not? Dont we contribute to the game just like the people on chaos? Why should we be excluded to some stuff just because some chaos people are afraid about the atractivity of pvp?

Also, regarding your "bait-map". Why dont you write right below what will happen to a freedom player who get caught by your gang looking for the moon metals?

Just because you contribute to the freedom economy, doesn't automatically mean that you should get Glimmer and Addy,  they serve a unique role on Chaos, and play a big part in keeping PvP going.    I'ts not anyone trying to get ppl to play just to get acess to Glimmer or Addy, it's part of the mechanics that drive this server.    It dosen't matter if you join JK, MR, or BL, you aren't going to be here just to get your Addy and Glimmer and go back again, you came here because you want to PvP.   Those resources are fought over and given value because we play here in a unique way.    For players from freedom to stand up and demand that Rolf share this resource risk-free with the rest of the community when it will break our's because of that is both selfish and shortsighted, and downright disgusting.   

BTW, that map is accurate,  the volcano is exposed for the time being, and I wouldn't mind it staying that way.  The whole point I was trying to make is that its right next to the border, not saying its 100% guaranteed you will get away, but there is a good chance at it, if you want something slightly less risky than the Hota.   Also, there are times when we can't respond with enough force, and if you have a savy group of experienced players you might actually kill one of us and not only get a chance at getting our equipment, but the bragging rights as well.   What do we get out of it?   The risk and some extra pvp if it turns out that way, which is the whole point of the server anyways. 

Why am I suggesting that?   Hell, in the end I don't mind the risk, I may kill you, you may kill me, I'm certainly a lot easier to kill than Emoo, if you catch me there looking around for rocks.  That's part of the fun, and its sponsored by the Moon Metals, and the fact the volcano is there up for grabs.    

Edited by Battlepaw

Just because you contribute to the freedom economy, doesn't automatically mean that you should get Glimmer and Addy,  they serve a unique role on Chaos, and play a big part in keeping PvP going.    I'ts not anyone trying to get ppl to play just to get acess to Glimmer or Addy, it's part of the mechanics that drive this server.    It dosen't matter if you join JK, MR, or BL, you aren't going to be here just to get your Addy and Glimmer and go back again, you came here because you want to PvP.   Those resources are fought over and given value because we play here in a unique way.    For players from freedom to stand up and demand that Rolf share this resource with the rest of the community when it will break our's is both selfish and shortsighted, and downright disgusting.  

That's ######. Chaos worked fine before it had these unique metals, so it can also work fine once those metals are no longer unique to it. If PvP can no longer work there without incentives like Glimmer or Addy, then that is clearly an issue at the core of PvP. So once everybody and their cat has these metals on Chaos then PvP will break down? Sounds like Chaos has huge problems which should be brought to Rolfs attention, but instead you are being selfish here by not wanting to share the metals with PvE players? (yeah, we can all play the selfish card, it's pointless and has no place in this topic. So good job for playing it :rolleyes: ). It's a shame that you are trying to drive a wedge between PvP and PvE players like this.

Why am I suggesting that?   Hell, in the end I don't mind the risk, I may kill you, you may kill me, I'm certainly a lot easier to kill than Emoo, if you catch me there looking around for rocks.  That's part of the fun, and its sponsored by the Moon Metals, and the fact the volcano is there up for grabs.    

You are clearly totally missing the point. The majority of the Freedom cluster's players want nothing to do with PvP. So you think it's a good idea for them to cross over to Chaos because the ore is close to the border? If you die then you can respawn at your deed. But if a PvE player dies then he spawns at one of the starter deeds, without any stuff, and is stuck on a foreign PvP server, likely without a boat because that probably got stolen after he/she died too. As a PvE player I can assure you I don't consider the full loot system of Wurm fun in any way, shape or form. Yeah, that sounds like a great deal for a PvE player. NOT :rolleyes:

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 2

There used to be a cap on ore on home servers as an incentive to trade with the pvp servers which had no cap, but as we can see was changed.

I see this as the same situation.. Incentive to pvp for some time then changed. Bide your time freedomers ..

That was no incentive to PVP. That was forcing us to either subject ourselves to death by other players or forcing us to do business with Wild.

In today's Wurm world, the Wild players have plenty of ways to suck coin out of the PVE servers.

(OT - I think Ada and Glim should remain only on Chaos. I feel that since uniques are being respawned, it wouldn't hurt much if a limited amount of Valrei creatures spawned on the PVE servers with the seryll drops that Chaos sees.)

• Like 1

limited amount of Valrei creatures

You'll take that back after the eagle spirits come

• Like 1

Personally, I won't.

• Like 2

Ok, let me show you what this sounds like.

Instead let's add a new material; titanium.

This will be between chain/plate defense wise

Weapons will be like iron.

Tools will give +2ql in what there used for. Improve 25% better, and use 0.2 seconds faster.

This material can only be found on PVE servers, because PvPers don't need it, they can go hop along with there easy crafting methods that are easy mode in PvP. They have no need for crafting bonuses on there tools. Furthermore, This should bring more appeal to PvE servers and the pve environment.

There's the reversed situation, now tell me, does that even make sense?

There should be no need for PVP to have extra content for "risk vs reward" that's not how you set up a pvp server, ever. If you *need* that, then alright; give them strict pvp bonuses. IE: a buff that increases damage dealt to other players by 5%. There is no reason armour, weapons, tools, monsters, decorations, or any other item, that could easily be used in PvE for many, many, reasons, should be restricted to PvP.

We CAN use it, even if you see "no challenge" what if we want to look good in seryll armour? What if we want to use it because it holds enchants better? What if we want to one shot every mob?

Saying PvP needs exclusive content to provide a reward for the risk, only tells me you aren't a pvper, you should be enjoying the thrill of the fight, win or lose, not because you are forced to for some shiny material.

• Like 3

Personally I'd welcome Valrei mobs on PvE servers. Currently most mobs just aren't very challenging (according to the wiki they also cap out at 50fs) and then you've got uniques. Something in between would be great. Hunting is very much a part of PvE, valrei mobs would be an interesting and challenging addition to it.

• Like 1

Personally I'd welcome Valrei mobs on PvE servers. Currently most mobs just aren't very challenging (according to the wiki they also cap out at 50fs) and then you've got uniques. Something in between would be great. Hunting is very much a part of PvE, valrei mobs would be an interesting and challenging addition to it.

Its less the challenge and more the going through building parts that are frustrating. But I see your point.

That's ######. Chaos worked fine before it had these unique metals, so it can also work fine once those metals are no longer unique to it. If PvP can no longer work there without incentives like Glimmer or Addy, then that is clearly an issue at the core of PvP. So once everybody and their cat has these metals on Chaos then PvP will break down? Sounds like Chaos has huge problems which should be brought to Rolfs attention, but instead you are being selfish here by not wanting to share the metals with PvE players? (yeah, we can all play the selfish card, it's pointless and has no place in this topic. So good job for playing it :rolleyes: ). It's a shame that you are trying to drive a wedge between PvP and PvE players like this.

You are clearly totally missing the point. The majority of the Freedom cluster's players want nothing to do with PvP. So you think it's a good idea for them to cross over to Chaos because the ore is close to the border? If you die then you can respawn at your deed. But if a PvE player dies then he spawns at one of the starter deeds, without any stuff, and is stuck on a foreign PvP server, likely without a boat because that probably got stolen after he/she died too. As a PvE player I can assure you I don't consider the full loot system of Wurm fun in any way, shape or form. Yeah, that sounds like a great deal for a PvE player. NOT :rolleyes:

I don't think you get it.   I'ts not about being selfish and not shareing our unique properties with PvE servers, its about our survival as a viable server.  Much of the pvp I've been involved in in the last year has either revolved around control over running the HOTA, or control over the artifacts.    The added challenge is of fighting Valari creeatures, just added spice to the mix.  In all, I've seen the server take off in leaps and bounds, and the effect of the wafare my kingdom has conducted over control of the Hota area, and the artifacts has made a profoud impact on what we are today, and how it pulled our kingdom togather for a common goal, especially after we lost the artifacts last time around.

Central to this fact is that we are unique.  We arn't just a pvp version of Freedom isles, we have our own unique kingdoms, leaders, and mechanics.   Part of that is the fact we now have a volcano that can attract small, localized pvp near the border, and that we have to fight over Addy and Glimmer at the HoTA.   

It's no secret that Wurm's PvP isn't anything flashy, or even easy to work with, but it's what we got and we have gotten a massive boon from the stuff that has bled over from Epic, and we have a lot to be thankful for in that reguard.    It dosen't do us much good though if freedom players want to sabotage that progress for their own greed and love of new shineies.   

I honestly don't care if you want to pvp or not, come here or not, you made that choice just as we make our choice to play on Chaos, each server has it's own benefits, and the whole point of having something new to try here is that you don't already have it on Freedom, its somethign to work for, to risk yourselves for if you want.  If you don't you don't need the stuff to survive anyways.  We do, as part of the mechanics that help support the fabric of our pvp.   

Ok, let me show you what this sounds like.

Instead let's add a new material; titanium.

This will be between chain/plate defense wise

Weapons will be like iron.

Tools will give +2ql in what there used for. Improve 25% better, and use 0.2 seconds faster.

This material can only be found on PVE servers, because PvPers don't need it, they can go hop along with there easy crafting methods that are easy mode in PvP. They have no need for crafting bonuses on there tools. Furthermore, This should bring more appeal to PvE servers and the pve environment.

There's the reversed situation, now tell me, does that even make sense?

There should be no need for PVP to have extra content for "risk vs reward" that's not how you set up a pvp server, ever. If you *need* that, then alright; give them strict pvp bonuses. IE: a buff that increases damage dealt to other players by 5%. There is no reason armour, weapons, tools, monsters, decorations, or any other item, that could easily be used in PvE for many, many, reasons, should be restricted to PvP.

We CAN use it, even if you see "no challenge" what if we want to look good in seryll armour? What if we want to use it because it holds enchants better? What if we want to one shot every mob?

Saying PvP needs exclusive content to provide a reward for the risk, only tells me you aren't a pvper, you should be enjoying the thrill of the fight, win or lose, not because you are forced to for some shiny material.

The whole point is the thrill of the fight, the more things to fight over, the more thrills.    The higher chance I have of dying when I'm out and about just doing my thing every day the more I enjoy the server because of how I have to think everything through, know where I am at all times, where the best terrain for escape or ambush would be, etc.   That's why you also see everyone trying to encourage PMKs getting setup, and taking off, even if in the end they might surpass us, because that is the whole point.    The point is to fight and have things to fight over.   

What it comes down to is what you fight over, on this server it's the moon metals, and their usefulness in pvp itself, not as bright bling bling decorating the shoulders of players who would never even dare step foot here or take the same risks I take when I live on Chaos every day, risks of my time, my money, and even my sanity when I'm trying to deal with PvE players who sneer at our activity as "foolish, waste of time and money" It is how we enjoy the game just as surely as you enjoy building your fairy tale castles, we build fortresses of doom, glinting with deadly menace.   

It doesn't really matter what Rolf does, if dragons drop loot somebody will complain.  A significant portion of the Wurm community goes into absolute hysterics at the first hint that somebody has something they don't.   

Different topic, different day, same cruft.

Objectively it's trivial to have different drops or items on different servers, subjectively it's just a drama spawner.

Different topic, different day, same cruft.

Objectively it's trivial to have different drops or items on different servers, subjectively it's just a drama spawner.

Drama spawner?  Er why may I ask?  Just expain to me why Freedom needs it so bady, why its essential you get it.   I don't try to sit here and demand Chaos players be able to raid freedom deeds and take their pecious shines, but your asking us to do something much worse, to sell our future just to appease the masses with a shiny new toy that really has no use on Freedom anyways.  

I wouldn't say they are completely challenging in themselves most of the time, just annoying as hell. The only types that are actually life threatening to me are the Nogumps, Drakespirits, and occasionally Eaglespirits.   Everything else is just as easy as many of the mobs we already have.    Also, if you didn't know they tend to spawn on you when your outside a deed, especially on a low pop time, or when lots of players are gathered in one area, the chances of getting spawned on there go way up.    So entire events like impalongs, etc may be crashed by uninvited guests.  Just a word of warning.   These things don't care about how ready you are for them, they will still spawn on you and try to make a meal out of you all the same.   

Also our server demographics plays a big role in how they spice it up, we have a lot less deeds and safe zones to scoot to when the spawn message pops, no deeds everywhere to duck through and get a Templar to tank.  It may not be challenging at all with tons of deeds around that just soak up all the spawns.     Remember what I said about annoying?  Well those Drakespirits can go through walls... so all those noobs that can't fight them try to hide in their houses?  They can't. 

The biggest thing they add to Chaos, is the unpredictability factor.  We don't know when we go out hunting what will happen, if we will get spawned on and die, if we will get into pvp and die, or  both.    Its a great challenge when the mechanics are combined.     That's the added spice  ;)

Edited by Battlepaw

Don't forget seryll has a bonus to enchanting. Which alone makes it a very powerful tool to freedom.

Giving seryll to pve would hardly hurt chaos in any way mentioned this far, infact, it would help it if anything - freedom after all provides some supplies to chaos.

Drama spawner?  Er why may I ask?  Just expain to me why Freedom needs it so bady, why its essential you get it.   I don't try to sit here and demand Chaos players be able to raid freedom deeds and take their pecious shines, but your asking us to do something much worse, to sell our future just to appease the masses with a shiny new toy that really has no use on Freedom anyways.  

Give it a rest Battle, your base mode of "I'm going to argue with anyone anywhere" is misplaced in this case.  Nowhere did I say Freedom should get it, in fact I don't think they should (don't think any server should really, I'm generally against the addition of ooh shiny but that's an entirely different matter). 

But I will point to the 30 some odd pages between this thread, the dragon drop thread, the epic titles thread and numerous other topics that the average Wurm player can't stand that somebody has something they don't.

Edited by belthize