Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Chance Mining Drops Seryll and Adamantine as well as Gems

Freedom and Epic both already have naked armour, its called oakshell (robes too if you want to get technical) Im not sure that your attempted cheeky post makes sense sorry, I wasn't aware that Freedom was lacking armour completely because they didn't have moonmetal on all of the servers in the cluster.

• Like 1

+1 to moon metal mining, at least 0.10kg worth every random or so drop, great idea

It should be chance on digging not mining. Mining already has gems. You might as well give something to digging. These are 'moon' metals. So it is not beyond the possibly that meteors brought small amounts of it down on planet Wurm.

Would be even nicer to make it like getting source crystals. You get a fragment you gotta bust with a hammer to open.

• Like 2

It should be chance on digging not mining. Mining already has gems. You might as well give something to digging. These are 'moon' metals. So it is not beyond the possibly that meteors brought small amounts of it down on planet Wurm.

Would be even nicer to make it like getting source crystals. You get a fragment you gotta bust with a hammer to open.

Might as well let us pan for gold, too!

Freedom cherry pickers unite! Legendary titles are too good for Epic but anything and everything that makes Epic unique is gone nearly except for the terraforming events. If you want some you should have it all.

I'll give my +1 if terraforming events become a thing on all Freedom servers and/or legendary titles are given to Epic.

Might as well let us pan for gold, too!

That would need rivers.....so yes please.

There used to be a cap on ore on home servers as an incentive to trade with the pvp servers which had no cap, but as we can see was changed.

I see this as the same situation.. Incentive to pvp for some time then changed. Bide your time freedomers ..

Edited by demondan

I'm on the fence here, on one hand PvPers need SOMETHING to make going over there and putting up with all the drama desirable

I'm on the fence here, on one hand PvPers need SOMETHING to make going over there and putting up with all the drama desirable

.... on the other hand, ser Jaime?

Edited by Stik
  • Like 1

.... on the other hand, ser Jaime?

On the other hand, it's well known I buy starmetal stuff so I can hardly remain unbiased, when obviously I want the prices on Freedom to fall.

If you want moon metal, Valrei abilities, missions, karma abilities, etc. then you should also get deed-destroying terraforming events and clusters of drakespirits terrorizing the oceans. Fair is fair.

• Like 7

Tell me, what use do you truly and honestly have for adamantine on freedom? Absolutely none. You can kill anything on the freedom servers in studded leather with an 80ql sword, mobs are so weak it's a joke. In PVP the armour made from said metals, and weapons do give us an advantage, but I don't see how this is over newer players. Being that anyone who joins us and participates in HOTA, is able to obtain these weapons themselves. It was meant to be an incentive to PVP and that's exactly what it should stay as. Shouldn't be changed just cause some carebear gets jealous and doesn't like PVP.

EDIT: Oh yeah, big fat -1.

Not that I care either way about the OP, but why do you truly and honestly give a ###### what armor I choose to wear on a PVE server, I know what, us unwashed masses that dont pvp can go back to wearing pickle suits.

Ever consider people might get tired of have the same 3 - 5 choices of gear, does it matter if we can kill creatures in our bath robes with a rolled up newspaper?

• Like 1

+1 to seryll, that would be interesting, but I also like the idea of digging for it.

-1 on other moon metals. Despite the the hate, it is a reward that should be reserved for pvp servers, I just wish more pvp players sold it. This elitism over addy/glimmer is disgusting to me.

Edited by GorgonKain

As a reward for surface mining too, please!

+1 May as well you sure the hell will not see any new drake or scale sets anytime soon.

• Like 2

+1. Freedom is the backbone of wurm and thus freedom players should not be treated like 2nd class players, as it is right now.

Pffft, you aren't being treated as second class citizens just because you can't get access to Addy or Glitter unless you go to Chaos.  I've seen a ton of changes over the last month, and many of them are geared to PvE.    Come to Chaos, kill us or run the HOTA, we aren't impossible to kill, and certaintly not impossible to raid.    IF you want Seryl from ppl who have been collecting the stuff from Val Cridders, its probably a lot easier to get ppl to sell it to you since we earn it ourselves, and unlike Addy or Glimmer its not typically a kingdom resource. We don't have much use for it in comparison to the moon metals.   

There should always be incentives to try new things, including PvP, there is nothing about Addy or Glimmer that makes a dang difference in PvE, other than the fact it is shiny.   You can put WoA on tools to get the same effect as glimmer,  there is nothing dangerous enough, even the uniques on freedom you can't take down with conventional weapons.  Also,  if it was widely available it would have a massive impact on incentive to actually run the hota, and we would lose the pvp created when  kingdoms fight in it, or the territory around it. 

BTW, if you want Addy,  Emoo's volcano is right next to the border, it not hard to get to.  Here I even made a helpful map:    

492393d4dbccb3c361c2ffc6fbae8fa9.png

See Emoo's Volcano here!:  ;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxp8gGt81FM

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

+1, or nerf those armors so they are equal to Plate instead of being overpowered like they are now. Back in the day Wild used to have a monopoly on high ql iron, now they've got one on seryll and addy. Sure, it's hardly as bad as the high ql iron thing, but Rolf is getting awfully close to repeating his previous mistakes.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 3

Reward's like glimmermantine should rewarded for risk.

Ok i have another suggestion. When they ever put in fancy stuff like robes or masks or shoulderpads they are not craftable on any pvp server or wearable over there becouse they are mostly just cosmetics and are no use for pvp :-p ;-)

+1, or nerf those armors so they are equal to Plate instead of being overpowered like they are now. Back in the day Wild used to have a monopoly on high ql iron, now they've got one on seryll and addy. Sure, it's hardly as bad as the high ql iron thing, but he's getting awfully close to repeating his previous mistakes.

How is it a mistake?   It looked very deliberate to me, there are reasons and advantages you have with belonging to a community on Chaos.   Glimmersteel armor is very hard to make, it takes an abasolute ton of the stuff, helmets are at most what we bother with, and even then its more economical to make the stuff out of addy.  Its much more useful as weapon metal, even if it is quite powerful as an armor metal.   

Addy armor itself, isn't any diffrent than plate in protection, just in durability.    Before you rail on at how overpowered the stuff is, try actually useing it in pvp before you make assumptions.    I see just as many iron longswords in pvp as I do Glimmersteel.   I fight in plate myself, even though I could probably get a drake set if I wanted one.     This isn't because we lack for drake sets, its because I know my character's limits.  No one I've ever seen wears moon metal outside of helmets, in pvp.   We might have made a set to test, but we have the dragon armor stuff, that is much more available. 

Anyways, I have zero comprehension what nefing the moon metals would accomplish, only thing it would do is devalue the stuff as anything but vanity armor, and make actually fighting for it useless, which is a completely stupid thing to do. It gives PMKs a goal to work for.   Honestly the stuff dosen't belong on Freedom, people who don't need it to fight with have no need of it, if they did get it all it would do is make it as common as dirt, and for what?   So you can have a helmet that glows in the dark?    (hell it really even doesn't do that anymore since Rolf nerfed the glow)   

I mean the whole thing is completely stupid.    If I ever left MR, I'd turn in my helmet and not look back.  I certainy can survive just fine without it on Freedom.  

Edited by Battlepaw

+1 as long as the chance to find it is about the same as finding a rare gem, maybe slightly higher, found 1 in my whole mining career up to 90+ mining...  :)

+1 to seryll, that would be interesting, but I also like the idea of digging for it.

-1 on other moon metals. Despite the the hate, it is a reward that should be reserved for pvp servers, I just wish more pvp players sold it. This elitism over addy/glimmer is disgusting to me.

Your misunderstanding of what is NOT going on every time you post makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

+1. Freedom is the backbone of wurm and thus freedom players should not be treated like 2nd class players, as it is right now.

Nail... hamer... head

How is it a mistake?   It looked very deliberate to me, there are reasons and advantages you have with belonging to a community on Chaos.   Glimmersteel armor is very hard to make, it takes an abasolute ton of the stuff, helmets are at most what we bother with, and even then its more economical to make the stuff out of addy.  Its much more useful as weapon metal, even if it is quite powerful as an armor metal.   

Addy armor itself, isn't any diffrent than plate in protection, just in durability.    Before you rail on at how overpowered the stuff is, try actually useing it in pvp before you make assumptions.    I see just as many iron longswords in pvp as I do Glimmersteel.   I fight in plate myself, even though I could probably get a drake set if I wanted one.     This isn't because we lack for drake sets, its because I know my character's limits.  No one I've ever seen wears moon metal outside of helmets, in pvp.   We might have made a set to test, but we have the dragon armor stuff, that is much more available. 

Anyways, I have zero comprehension what nefing the moon metals would accomplish, only thing it would do is devalue the stuff as anything but vanity armor, and make actually fighting for it useless, which is a completely stupid thing to do. It gives PMKs a goal to work for.   Honestly the stuff dosen't belong on Freedom, people who don't need it to fight with have no need of it, if they did get it all it would do is make it as common as dirt, and for what?   So you can have a helmet that glows in the dark?    (hell it really even doesn't do that anymore since Rolf nerfed the glow)   

I mean the whole thing is completely stupid.    If I ever left MR, I'd turn in my helmet and not look back.  I certainy can survive just fine without it on Freedom.  

The only, single and major reason why "PvP" gets stuff like this is because otherwise its so lame, so stupid that i still wonder how people actually play it.

Edited by KanePT