Sign in to follow this  
Seara

Todays lag.

Thanks for the post on the situation!

PS: I learned something new from that map. China likes to to alot of ddosing and the US receives alot...

Just to note the ones that look like an umbrella type shape upwards are unknown source or destination so the ones from the us and china do not mean it is going between the two :-)

There is a little key on the bottom left.

• Like 1

I was looking at the graphs at the bottom they had from each. China had a bunch going out to nowhere, and the us had a bunch coming in :P Didnt say they were at each other, course the data does imply it XD

Update : http://www.hetzner-status.de/en.html

Description: We have unfortunately just experienced a large outgoing attack from several servers.

We have resolved the issue and there should be no further problems.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 1

After the second restart it seemed to be a lot better, but I was onbly on for about 15 minutes before I had to log

So much global bandwidth wasted by script kiddies........ mmmmmmmmeh.

Yeah I have been getting on/off BAD spikes... They aren't the normal type of lag spikes that happen when server is backing up.  These lag spikes last for minutes.

Germany is experiencing heavy rainfalls and weather related issues since yesterday as well.

When you call the german Telekom Hotline (the guys who run most of the internet related infrastructure in germany) to report a problem they have a announcement running before you get ot talk to someone, telling that they experience a lot of network outages due to the bad weather.

So that might as well affect the servers on top of that DDoS thing that went on or still is going on...

Guess it's a few things coming together... weather takes out some infrastrukture and the backup for that is probably burneded by some attack?

Just a random guess from what i have gathered at work so far today.

For me Wurm doesn't lag "permanently" either, its just spikes... so i wouldn't point at the Wurm Server right away knowing there are a lot of network issues going on here in germany at the moment. :/

EDIT:

http://www.heise.de/netze/netzwerk-tools/imonitor-internet-stoerungen/aktuelle-internet-stoerungen-im-ueberblick/

A Listing of currently known Internet issues across all providers, sadly in germany only.

Tells the ISP / First digits of the regional phone code / start date and time of the issue / still ongoing or ongoing since... / type of problem / access via... /

As you can see under the "Dauer" column, a lot of these begun yesterday (08.07) and are still ongoing (dauert an).

Edited by Hokuto

Hetzner update:

July 9, 2014 2:15:00 PM CEST     It appears the Problem from yesterday has started again, since there are still vulnerable systems left. We're closely monitoring the matter.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

Well, beats the old provider at least.

What was their MO...... oh yeah... "Shutdown everything and hope the DDoS'er gets bored"

• Like 6

Fingers crossed these problems are all resolved soon.

ok damn it, last 3 nights have been extremly bad. I hope tonight I can get some good play time with out the patterned every 2 hours then a 5-10 minutes of lag spike

• Like 2