Sign in to follow this  
Trepper

Wow great job lag reset, more mobs lock up reset

Ok a quick reset to fix the lag problem I get it.  Then with no date advanced worning oh we are going to incease mobs in 10 min.  Noob will be left in the cold far from home in some cases and others would have rused the complet of house to be safer, if you have been real and let them know you have 2 day tll hihger mob levels.  All know its comeing but knowing its going to happen in the fututer is totaly different from haveing a date to targert a change that has a drastic effect on many.  Also saying there will be higher mobs we are tweeking the levels and 3 min later the system locs up and keeps you from getting to safty realy doesnt work.  In the last 7 min I got 2 5 sec bursts of actions and the rest of the time was spent waiting for the lag spikes to clear.  This was not one of your brighter moments again.  (glad I sail back to Exodus tonight)  Only sailed here to save a friend a nice 7 hour trip and 7 more toget back tomarrow.

(glad I sail back to Exodus tonight)

See ya later aligator!

And now the server is back up and absolutly the worst lag I have seen in 3 days in Xanadu.  Great job tech's you realy messed it up again.  Thats why I like to know anytime your going to make even the slightest change as over the last three years I have leared any chang means stay home be 100% safe.

And Heboric I am sorry I ddint even look at my typing and spelling as I am to stinking tired to care.  I hope you have a swell job as a english teacher some day!  

lol blame the people whining about the mobs. Most don't wanna travel to kill them so they want them to flood the server and lag everyone out. Good going. There was a lack, but just adding more does not fix where the issue lied......the issue was with them clumping together, which btw is now not fixed again. They were actually starting to clear out some and spread out before the lag fest last night.

And now the server is back up and absolutly the worst lag I have seen in 3 days in Xanadu.  Great job tech's you realy messed it up again.  Thats why I like to know anytime your going to make even the slightest change as over the last three years I have leared any chang means stay home be 100% safe.

And Heboric I am sorry I ddint even look at my typing and spelling as I am to stinking tired to care.  I hope you have a swell job as a english teacher some day!  

It's wurm though, you oughtta be used to them doing ninja changes like that. Always be prepared when the server goes down and when it's having issues. When it's back on it'll either be hell on Wurm or it'll be empty ghost Wurm.

OP, stop being dramatic.

This game is dangerous, until you are able to kill most things. The fact that Xanadu has barely presented any danger with aggro critters thus far means that something's not right. Players with low fight skill are not meant to be able to walk for thousands of tiles without worry of running into an aggro.

Get some fight skill up or build yourself safe houses.

Quite a few players recognized/agreed that Xanadu was lacking in the creature department: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/105374-what-would-you-like-to-change-in-xanadu/

The low mob activity on Xanadu is almost laughable.

Until it gets to the level on some of the other smaller servers, you really have nothing to complain about.

• Like 1

The lag was in the backbone.  The provider thinks that they have resolved the issue ... http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/105607-todays-lag/#entry1072528

Thanks for keeping us updated on the lag issue, which was not on Wurm's end, so no fault there and good to hear that the game is functioning well.

Just a bad coincidence Trepper that this happened to coincide with increased aggro spawns being implemented upon Xanadu. I have not been there today yet to see what these pests are up to now, so my evaluation of their mischief is on hold until then.

=Ayes=

You can just run away from mobs 95% of the time anyway. Also, within your first 24 hours you have the reduced aggro buff, which means you have to stay within about 3 tiles of the mob or it doesn't see you.

where are all the new monsters, i sure cant see them anywhere?

• Like 1

So, the OP, you lost me in under 2 sentences, I didn't read 2 full lines, you need to whine less and put forward a decent complaint.

In saying that, I do think there is an issue. I didnt have a single lag issue before today. They reboot and all of a sudden I'm having huge 3min lag bubbles. I didn't have that issue before.

On the creature issue, if you think people complaining about a lack of creatures is the cause of lag, omfg, you need to wise up. If a game can't support the correct ratio of PC to NPC then we have a real issue to start. Secondly, the restart had nothing to do with that, as there is still no creatures. And thirdly, if you want to walk over 2 hrs in a single direction and still see no creatures, like I have more than once, and be happy with that, then I'll invite you to play another game.

i did not notice alot of new or more hostile creatures... Seems our part is like unhabitat.

OP, come to chaos. Lots of hunting... That's what you want right? The FS gains are good too...

OP, come to chaos. Lots of hunting... That's what you want right? The FS gains are good too...

Blazer, you need new recruiting tactics! The last three haven't worked, man. ^_^

So any change since the restart this morning??????

One of the absolute worst problems in the game, isn't the fact that we have large groups of mobs. It's the fact that we can't get to them to kill them most of the time.  It is impossible for me to clear 1000 unicorns off the side of a steep mountain, I can't climb that high, and I can't shoot a bow that far. 

I think it should be made impossible for any creature to climb on a rock surface. Not that it's any more realistic than it is now. but it would make them slide down and be in range of the players that want to clear them out.

I figured that someone was attacking someone when we got all this lag. So I didn't say much about it. But it's nice that we were told what was going on.

I have a deed in the middle of nowhere with no mobs, I can travel for a 100 tiles in any direction, no other deeds and only a few mobs so it needed to be fixed. Not seeing any extra today.

And for all the noobs crying bout no notice get over it, Wurm has always been hardcore survival for new players and that's why I stayed in this game. Xanadu has been like a very vanilla version of Wurm.

in honesty 100 tiles is a joke. this is NOT affliction server!!! the place us HUGE. odd how i can walk around within 20-30mins on FOOT and find aggro mobs? yet others go hours and never see anything? afk traveling is not advised. otherwise open ur eyes. seems like everyone settled 10 tiles from a starting deed like normal on any other server and wonders why a mechanic that pushes mobs away from all the deeds cant find mobs in a 100% covered deed area? as soon as i get off an area that is not traveled by 10+ ppl a day i start finding mobs and aggro mobs. odd i know right

in honesty 100 tiles is a joke. this is NOT affliction server!!! the place us HUGE. odd how i can walk around within 20-30mins on FOOT and find aggro mobs? yet others go hours and never see anything? afk traveling is not advised. otherwise open ur eyes. seems like everyone settled 10 tiles from a starting deed like normal on any other server and wonders why a mechanic that pushes mobs away from all the deeds cant find mobs in a 100% covered deed area? as soon as i get off an area that is not traveled by 10+ ppl a day i start finding mobs and aggro mobs. odd i know right

I have tons of open land behind my deed and haven't seen an increase, before you start saying everyone is full of it and believe we're all perimeter to perimeter on this new server you might try pulling your head back out of your ass.

• Like 1

Excuse me, I said I live somewhere a loooong ways from other people not next to some wussy starter deed.

Maybe in your wilderness area theres a crap load of mobs but there are none in my area.

I have only seen two people go through my local in over a month so this is a very wide open empty area , should be the place to find tons of mobs, maybe you should get away from the starter town and be a real wurmian.

Early this morning I saw a burning outline not far away. Upon further inspection I found it to be a hellhound. Oddly it seemed closer than they usually are but it had not yet detected me.

Since the Tower Guards were nearby and I wear no armor around the local area while not actively out hunting (which is rare), I called out to them. They responded with their assisting call. Warily eyeing the hellhound I noted the TGuards were not yet on it, so I just stood silent with my large maul in hand.

Awakening them once again I called out and finally one arrived to start the tanking. I swiftly ran over only to note, You miss with the large maul. You miss with the large maul. Finally a hit and the hellhound is wounded. A few more hits and it lays dead with the Tguards then roaming around it aimlessly in seeming bewilderment of its swift demise.

Butchering it quickly, I pick up the higher quality meat and bury the remains to make the interlude a quicker vanishing of the memory of work disrupted by this foolish trespasser into my domain.

Killed me 2 bears, a number of cave bugs and rats over the past day or two. The snoopy hellhound was the worst of the bunch but since I was the more aware one, he was of no consequence. The usual pileup of corpses on a nearby unattended deed with a STemplar is starting to occur nearby. The aggro mobs slowly take up residence in this my more populated area, no doubt to the pleasure of some. The invasion will build, patience is required. No surprise within these Wurm lands.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

• Like 1