Sign in to follow this  
Youngsoldier

Fix tower guard speed on pvp servers

So. . . you want to Fix the Fix? >_>

Though, I'm still going to +1, though I never use them.  Slow-mo guards aren't........useful.

Only increase their movement speed by a small amount if at all. In my opinion Tower guards should only server as a deterrent for a force or individuals.. They certainly shouldn't be a "defense" that should be done by the players themselves. Especially since Tower guards have a habit of "intsa" hitting horses as you run past, tamed or not. increasing their movement speed will only inconvenience people that actually wanna go out and PvP a behavior which should be encouraged. 

• Like 3

You do understand that it was because of PVP that it was changed in the first place. Don't go putting "Change it on PvP" like it was nerfed because someone on PvE complained about it.

• Like 8

The last update to tower guards if I remember was reduced movement speed AND changing it so they don't attack the horse immediately - only ONE of these changes needed to be implemented, as usual it went from one extreme to the other.

Most wanted TG to not attack horses immediately when riding past - I thought this was a fair change as most creatures don't always attack them right away. I was annoyed that they lost their maximum speed potential as it causes more problems for F2P when they're trying to escape from something.

Emoo says they shouldn't be the main from of defence and should be a deterrent (something to annoy you) - I agree, but they can't even annoy you anymore, there's probably less than 1% chance of passing through a tower guard that it will actually bother you (hit your horse instantly). I don't see the point in guard towers anymore lol

• Like 4

-1, we shouldn't buff more pve things before you can get to the pvp, if you don't want people in your land go kill them

• Like 1

I kinda like it how it is now; tower guards will still be helpful if a fight actually takes place around a guard tower (if you stop to fight and the guards catch up and join in) - but they are slow enough that they are not going to be a issue if you are roaming around. I think it should be like this; we are here to fight players and not guards.

Maybe it can be changed on Epic if Epic players decide they want it since last time I was there there was hardly any guard towers; but on Chaos please consider we have 1000+ towers plastered all over the map; the speeds guards had before meant if you wanted to head into enemy territory you just spent hours killing guards. 

• Like 3

I kinda like it how it is now; tower guards will still be helpful if a fight actually takes place around a guard tower (if you stop to fight and the guards catch up and join in) - but they are slow enough that they are not going to be a issue if you are roaming around. I think it should be like this; we are here to fight players and not guards.

Maybe it can be changed on Epic if Epic players decide they want it since last time I was there there was hardly any guard towers; but on Chaos please consider we have 1000+ towers plastered all over the map; the speeds guards had before meant if you wanted to head into enemy territory you just spent hours killing guards. 

Nail on the head.

Its no wonder players who are in the top ten percent skill wise prefer a tower guard system that is easy to work around and provides no benefit other than griefing land control from other players.

• Like 2

Seriously you can outwalk tower guards, they are useless.

They are so slow because you couldn't outcrawl then on PvP. When PvE complained, we were told to use 5 speed horses to outrun mobs. I guess PvE outrunning mobs on a fast horse is somehow different than PvP outrunning guards on a fast horse. But there you have it. That's why they are so slow.

• Like 1

The last update to tower guards if I remember was reduced movement speed AND changing it so they don't attack the horse immediately - only ONE of these changes needed to be implemented, as usual it went from one extreme to the other.

Most wanted TG to not attack horses immediately when riding past - I thought this was a fair change as most creatures don't always attack them right away. I was annoyed that they lost their maximum speed potential as it causes more problems for F2P when they're trying to escape from something.

Emoo says they shouldn't be the main from of defence and should be a deterrent (something to annoy you) - I agree, but they can't even annoy you anymore, there's probably less than 1% chance of passing through a tower guard that it will actually bother you (hit your horse instantly). I don't see the point in guard towers anymore lol

-1  Keep the stupid guards on PvP, since you asked for them, and give us back the "awake" guards on PvE, since we were always cool with how they worked.

• Like 2

All I can say is that if this gets reverted for PVP, it should also for PVE. The tower change was solely put in place because of PVP cries.

• Like 1

-1, we shouldn't buff more pve things before you can get to the pvp, if you don't want people in your land go kill them

What like actually add some variety in PvP options instead of the LS+LMS+Plate speed horse option?

+1 For PvE. They became practically useless on PvE after they were changed for PvP reasons, so increasing their speed on PvP again, without doing the same for PvE would be so insanely .... something. I am lost for words.

• Like 3

Leave as is on PvP, give PvE its original guard speed back.

• Like 3

+1 For PvE. They became practically useless on PvE after they were changed for PvP reasons, so increasing their speed on PvP again, without doing the same for PvE would be so insanely .... something. I am lost for words.

I think the word you are looking for is "ironic" or perhaps "expected" - maybe even "normal" or "wurm-like"? Are those close? =)

• Like 1

Revert it for PVE, nerf the guards on PVP again so they are even slower, and send all the damn PVPers to the salt mines to work for the next year for causing such a terrible change to totally screw up PVE for anyone that doesn't like to fight. 

What like actually add some variety in PvP options instead of the LS+LMS+Plate speed horse option?

If you actually take the effort to look into what people are using these days instead of helping spread false information, you'd see that people use a lot more than longsword and large metal ;)

When Tower Guards were fast and attacked non-tamed horses it made it very difficult to roam in enemy lands and decreased PvP encounters because a lot of people were afraid to leave the safety of their kingdom.

people were afraid to leave the safety of their kingdom.

QFT. Maybe your people...

If anyone going to sit here and say with a straight face tower guards are a threat, even at the old speed should be thrown from their kingdom.

I was tanking 5 tgs with no stamina on my old account 3 years ago. Accounts are way more beast now across the board...

Not to mention the main thing at the moment guards ARE OF NO USE. zero.

The only fix needed was to make them not target your untamed horse immediatly and constantly. The fix inmplemented was like a nuke to the system when it jsut needed a turn of the wrench...

• Like 5

If you actually take the effort to look into what people are using these days instead of helping spread false information, you'd see that people use a lot more than longsword and large metal ;)

Oh the occasional bow of some type to kill horses and oddball who uses a Maul or Axe doesn't constitute much variety.

And it doesn't change the fact that non-interactive RNG based PvP/PvE is just flat out boring.  There is a reason most of the PvP/PvE  systems out there have moved away from this about 10 years ago.