Sign in to follow this  
Snoo

Looking for deed ideas - 5silver reward - Closed

I'm shutting this contest down - more questions then entries. Congratulations  Nxtreme  for the only entry. I do appreciate it. I do not plan on using ur ideas but pm me with your in game name and I will send you 2 silver for participating. 

CLOSED

Hello, Firstly I'm aware of people in the past asking for idea's for planning a deed and not paying. I am however posting on my Forum account and will honor payment to the choice that suits me best. With that being said I would like help planning a layout on my already existing Terra formed area.

I am aiming to be building a deed by this coming Friday. I hope people enter and this is not a massive flop - we'll see.

Please use Deed Planner to make this.

Here's the specs, it has 4 Tiers:  

Top Tier =          10 x 15 usable area,

Second Tier =    10 x  13 usable area,

Third Tier =        overall area - 10 x 13 (has a 8 x 3 dead smack in the middle)

Forth Tier =        10 x 13 usable area.

The height between the Tiers are a Minimum of 70 slope. Basically its like 4 steps. connected together by at least a minimum of 70steep drops.

I would like a couple of decent horse pens, an okay farm area and room for a few oak trees to be planted. A smithy and some other buildings to make the place look nice.

The deed runs from East to West - Top Tier being on the east and bottom being on the west. 

I would like a ramp running down either side of the deed and have already taken this into consideration so no need to put tiles aside for the ramps. I can allow for only a ramp on 1 side and if this is in your plan allow +2 tiles on 1 side.

Reward will be 5 silver - Sorry I'm not super rich but can afford to pay this to the deed I choose to build. 

Added more pics

B1rnPOG.jpg9UhAoHw.jpgmuM3qx7.jpg

Here's a picture of the Third Tier:

cZXgQux.jpg

Edited by Snoo

Wouldn't fit, doesn't meet the specs I've said. I've also used this forums account for years, I don't plan on disappearing lol.

Cheers for the heads up though.

Edited by Snoo

Dont worry Snoo is trust worthy :)
full of bad corny jokes, but a good bloke.

You told us useable area, but nothing about how the deed goes, and night time screen shots don't help either, try drawing a map of the deed or something.

You told us useable area, but nothing about how the deed goes, and night time screen shots don't help either, try drawing a map of the deed or something.

this

Added more pictures, Hopefully this explains it better.

Working on something. Sadly, I won't have any time to continue tomorrow(oh wait it is 0:35 AM, so today), but I will be sure to work on it wednesday.

A few questions though:

How many players should this place accomodate? is it just you?

Where exactly is the entrance?

How much room for crops would you like to have?

PS: your mine location is quite... impractical. Just sayin'

Just me and my alts, the entrance can be changed to any area or multiple entries. like half a Tier or more. 

Just after something that looks nice, welcoming and has a feew buildings or so. I'm quite flexible.

(In no way meant to be disrespectful.)

There's only one way to make something unique out of your deed - and that means to remove all the flat surfaces (with a single steep slope in between). Thus un-flatten your deed. In one of your screenshots one can see another deed across the valley: same problem at that deed. Huge slopes and dirt walls, all else is a perfectly flat parking lot. And you'll never make a unique place out of a parking lot.

I'll never understand why the typical Wurm player starts his deed by making it all flat ...

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not after unique I'm after something Nice and I am paying to see what people can come up with. My ideas are boring.. I want something that is welcoming, different (hence the tiers) and good to look at.

I can build or start building the deed now but I would like to see a variety of presentations before I start. 

Edited by Snoo

I have been thinking about it for a bit, and got a few possibilities in my head, which got me another question: are you flexible to the point where you would be fine with changing the shapes of the tiers, like maybe a small in-between tier, or a ledge sticking out on the tier below it? That would help prevent it from becoming all too plain and stiff, and giving it more to look at.

I'm starting to regret doing this, have spent more time updating this topic then looking at ideas. I have 1 entry so far and I'm tempted to just close this thread.

I'm shutting this contest down

I regret doing this.

Edited by Snoo

That's a shame. Understand that if you want something custom made for yourself, you will need to give some information about what kinds of stuff you like. You barely gave any information in the original post, just some requirements as to what it must contain. I was looking forward to designing this place today, and I will still do it just because I feel like it. However, this kinda feels like it is happening just like in the thread posted here earlier, about the other contest, as if you just do not want to pay the guy who already entered something. Certainly not good for your reputation if it turns out that your deed somewhat resembles that design, and thus I would ask the guy who PM'ed you his design to post it in the thread.

Again, anyone who is going to make some custom design for someone will like to have some main guideline from his "customer".

Edited by Wizardkagdan

Yea fair enough I see your point re: deed design. I will post the entry of his myself. As stated I don't plan on using his design but since he was the only entry I will be paying him 2s just for entering, he spent time making the deed and I appreciate it.

http://imgur.com/a/8lWpq#0

was the only entry.

if anyone likes any of the parts i have it for Deed Planner 2 Alpha.