Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Warning - Don't get Stuck

Well i was making my normal trip back from Xanadu today to Deliverance and got teleported onto a new island deed in the SE of Deliverance called "Lands End Market".  I was able to push the boat off now but once they get buildings up it will be a support only call. (It spilled me right in the center of the island) 

I am boycotting the market because in my opinion there was no need to put a island there when we were already having trouble with the natural one on that border.

Anyway thought i would warn everyone and here is the SS of the deal..

t4P710Y.jpg

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

Where did you crossed the border?

In the SW of Xanadu just in the natural line of sailing between the mainland and newspring island heading west to deliverance. 

Those islands are bugs. They should be removed. The server crossing code is not supporting those border islands

• Like 2

Those islands are bugs. They should be removed. The server crossing code is not supporting those border islands

yeah they should add in the code that you can not deed in the "warning" zone.

This new one i vote to have it disband and dug back down before it gets out of hand. Right now it is just a 5x5 with nothing but the deed on it so it won't be that big of a deal to get it set back to normal. 

Edited by Kegan

I think I know what you mean. I met a player called "Trepid" yesterday, who was digging dirt next to some of our alliance structures on the SE peninsula of Deli (Serendipity Bay). When asked he told me that he built an island off the coast as a "merchant's outpost" and needed more dirt. :(

Building islands within the border zone should not be allowed.

• Like 1

There was an island there forever, someone just expanded (maybe?) and deeded it i think. There's another one on he south border of deli that you can get stuck on crossing from exodus.

I think I know what you mean. I met a player called "Trepid" yesterday, who was digging dirt next to some of our alliance structures on the SE peninsula of Deli (Serendipity Bay). When asked he told me that he built an island off the coast as a "merchant's outpost" and needed more dirt. :(

Building islands within the border zone should not be allowed.

Yep same guy

There was an island there forever, someone just expanded (maybe?) and deeded it i think. There's another one on he south border of deli that you can get stuck on crossing from exodus.

No this is a new one there was shallow water right next to the border crossing and now there is a new deed it was only water before.  It is at about  37y i guess right on the border it was water a few days ago. 

Yeah there should be a rule on not building in this zone

Not sure why anyone would think it would be a smart idea since some of the island couldn't be used since you would teleport the last 3-5 squares

Could put a rowboat on the other side warning people; then again I guess the Xanadu server border is kinda big so you might need several >.>

• Like 1

The guy probably didn't realise so don't jump on the hate wagon. Not everybody knows how the game mechanics work.

I don't like it, specially when he/they are getting the massive amount of dirt near our alliance's deeds and carefully maintained environment. Also, it will be a problem since the whole Xanadu border is connected with Deli. A bad idea, at the very least.

good luck getting it fixed, on epic we warp from affliction onto the blacklight 10-20 tiles inland

its been reported since the server came out and nobody has even so little as addressed the issue.

• Like 2

I don't feel the island or the guy building it are the problems here. Your ship getting stuck on land like that is clearly a bug and the owner of that deed might not even be aware of it. The server crossing code simply should not spawn you on land, it should check if your destination tile is land and if so move you X tiles (for the East and West borders it should move you north/south) and check again, until water is found, and then spawn you there instead of putting you on land.

I don't like it, specially when he/they are getting the massive amount of dirt near our alliance's deeds and carefully maintained environment.

Then deed that carefully maintained environment if it's important to your alliance. It being near your deeds doesn't make it yours. If it's not deeded then anybody may dig up the dirt that is there

• Like 2

Then deed that carefully maintained environment if it's important to your alliance. It being near your deeds doesn't make it yours. If it's not deeded then anybody may dig up the dirt that is there

Did I say he can't? I just said I don't like it.

• Like 1

It's rather successful though, never before have so many felt that they just can't pass a market without a little stop first!

10/10 for availability

10/10 for marketing

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 15

This is very sad, I hope it can be fixed so that all sailing border crossings would allways have buffer of water to sail on to avoid this.

why would devs design an invisible sand bar in a designated shipping lane?

I say we schedule an event and sail into it, and flood with support calls, sadly in today's world, being annoying yields better results to problems than kindly informing those with the authority to change something.

• Like 2

The guy probably didn't realise so don't jump on the hate wagon. Not everybody knows how the game mechanics work.

You are right on this it is not his fault i guess he just had a vision of a grand market on the "main" crossing.  I just hope he reads this and at least makes a few rowboats to park in the other side of xanadu to mark it. 

Should be removed, or code should be altered to support such islands. It's not any players fault really, and if the island is removed by GMs they should reimburse the players  who made it in some way. But it should be fixed in a way so it's not possible to do the same misstake again.

• Like 1

The island should be removed and Trepid reimbursed.

Even if it wasn't his fault, other players should not have to worry about this.

Cases like this should also be prevented from happening again by adding to the code that you can not deed in the "warning" zone as Kegan said.

• Like 4

Everyone sure has an  opinion of what "should have happened" in a sandbox.

There should be Game Deeds at all borders that span 10 wide , and they should be named to the connecting server if there is one.

It's just a matter of time before something like this is built on Chaos....  Imagine, crossing over at the popular Deli, center area then getting stuck on a deed and swarmed by templars on chaos.... ah the drama.   :D    You shouldn't be able to build or deed anywhere where a boat can cross, and all existng islands should be removed and players reimbursed no questions, that or the code should be refined to only spawn a ship on a tile that isn't near any land.    

• Like 1