Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Sea Gates and Chain link Gates

Sea gates would be a way to make a shipyard with having more security and privacy on who can get in and out of a docks.

Chain link gates would be a way to make it possible to make actual stables a reality. Put it inside a building and connect it between the two opposing side beams and wala you have a new gate to hold in horses.

Suggestions/comments?

you can already do fences inside buildings and they are looking into the current "chain link" fences being useable in buildings too. 

Other then that, you can't put them in the same border as arched walls but it is possible to make stables and have the fencing 1 tile border in from the arches

As for the sea gate and fencing, I think that shoulda been allowed to begin with. I like the idea of parking ships in secure fenced off docking bays in the water.

Edited by Ryamu
  • Like 1

Eh im talking bout being able to build more of a actual barn. The way its done now is cool if done right but still isn't exactly the best way it could be done.

you can already do fences inside buildings and they are looking into the current "chain link" fences being useable in buildings too. 

Other then that, you can't put them in the same border as arched walls but it is possible to make stables and have the fencing 1 tile border in from the arches

As for the sea gate and fencing, I think that shoulda been allowed to begin with. I like the idea of parking ships in secure fenced off docking bays in the water.

I was under the impression you could not use gates inside buildings on the first floor, only on higher floors is allowed?

Or maybe the first floor is not allowed only on outside walls?

Would change my plans if we can.

Don't mean to derail the thread though :)

+1 to ideas in the OP.

• Like 1

you ever hear of the practice of putting a chain across a harbor to prevent ships from entering?   Yes, this is something that is a historic way to prevent enemy ships from passing rivers or harbor entrances.

The_Great_Chain_Sketch.jpg

Would be awesome to see something like that, something that has similar mechanics to bridges, that you have to winch up between two buildings across a body of water to prevent ships from passing.    It could even automatically raise when settlement alarm is broken, and lower for allied ships as they cross the barrier.   

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

+1 On the sea gate, chain link gate might not be the best one, but hey, the more the merrier.

You can use fences on the first floor so long as it's not the outer wall borders. But if say it's in the dead center of a building it can be done pretty easily. I've put all type of gates in a stable barn before for horses to be parked in with the one downside of being unable to plant stuff in the tiles inside the building.

To the chain in water idea, that is a very true idea that was used quite often during the Medieval times even. It would be awesome to see something like that but also something to keep your ships from being dragged out by enemies, at the same time allowing you to sail out freely. Maybe it'd be sorta like a gate where it's up preventing ships from passing unless permissions where it will flip so that it's flat to allow passage. But I could see that being horribly abused and hated lol so doubtful that would ever happen. The game isn't setup to force people to pay tolls to pass a canal. Otherwise they'd have ways to make coin without the assistant of paying players or traders.