Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

[CRITICAL BUG] Monster spawns are not damaged when spawning animals

Like in topic - it seems that my alliance found the source of all spawn related issues - lairs always have 0,5 damage and therefore monsters spawn only in places where the lairs are present, without possibility to spawn in any other places.

Few examined lairs (all on Exodus):

[22:31:15] The den where some denizens reside. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 63.0, Dam: 0.5.

[21:16:19] The den where some denizens reside. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 50.0, Dam: 0.5.

[16:32:06] The den where some denizens reside. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 63.0, Dam: 0.5.

Edit: Some additional info:

[22:47:49] <Larue> [13:47:47] The den where some denizens reside. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 76.0, Dam: 0.5.

[22:48:07] <Larue> spider lair on Release. We've tried bashing it, but it went back down to 0.5 damage while we were bashing

Edited by Warlander

We have a bear lair nearby that is the same.  Before the update that added the new critters, the lair was at 79 damage, now it says 0.5, on pristine.

Same here, release north troll mound gets all the time reseted to 0.5 dmg

[23:01:41] The den where some denizens reside. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 78.0, Dam: 0.5. , Exodus

same on epic

give us a bunch of greenish trolls spawns and i wont complain tho :>

Issue added to the bug database.  Bug had listed troll mounds only, added bear and spider and servers in addition to Release and Pristine.  Thanks for the reports.

It seems that this bug affects all spawners on all servers, I can confirm lava spiders, too.

This may or may not be linked, but the amount of creatures I've found wandering around has increased dramatically in the last week or 2, If it is linked... don't fix it ;) This may of overcome the shark spawning problem ha ha!

Just an update regarding my spider lair:

We tried bashing it again. We got enough people to destroy the den before it repaired itself this time, so they can be destroyed if you're fast enough about it. We were never able to determine the cause or interval of the damage reset, but it might be possible that it is related to /uptime. I need to double-check this, but, in hindsight, the damage reset occurred around the 24-hour uptime interval.

I hope this is intended. Free skill!

Anyway, I had a similar problem about four years ago on Golden Valley. I had a large chest that I had lost the key to, so I tried to bash it. It took less than a single point of damage, so I gave up. The next day, it was repaired, so I tried to bash it again. It was once again repaired the next day.