Sign in to follow this  
Stewen

What would you like to change in Xanadu

67 members have voted

1. 1. What you would like change in Xanadu if you can?

• more mountain area
    • more flat area
    • more water area
    • more sand/tundra/steppe area
    • more forest area
    • more islands
    • more mainlands

Hello

Before anyone start posting. I dont want to change anything in xanadu and dont what to suggest too.
I just interested how you guys/girls sattisfield with this map.

Thank you! :)

more gales?

This, above anything else, Xanadu should always have gales :D

EDIT: But I wouldnt mind a thicker dirt layer either, or less weird rock formations under the dirt (the spikes of rock we uncovered here at our deed by digging the dirt away are extremely random and weird, looks like Rolf slipped a few times with the rock-paint-tool)

Edited by Lycanthropic
  • Like 1

I kinda feel Xan is too mountainous. Lot of the server is basically unsettleable because of how many crazy mountains that place has. Just feels like a little too much.

• Like 2

I kinda feel Xan is too mountainous. Lot of the server is basically unsettleable because of how many crazy mountains that place has. Just feels like a little too much.

Unsettleable to someone like you is just Challenge Mode to someone like me. I've seen some awesome places carved out of mountainsides (and made some myself)

• Like 1

Unsettleable to someone like you is just Challenge Mode to someone like me. I've seen some awesome places carved out of mountainsides (and made some myself)

Sure, but there could be plenty of challenge locations for Xanadu settling with half as many mountains still. Mountain space is never is short supply for crazy surface miners. As such, the amount and size of mountains on xanadu just reduces the optimal population load on Xan compared to what it could be. With less mountains ever crazy mountain hermit would still have a place to call home.

There's a fair deal of landclaim griefing going on where people think they own everything the light touches, like some fricken Lion King. Since the server is so big it'd be a fair call to make it so that people can't deed within 100 tiles of your settlement unless you allow them to, like it was back in the day.

I'm not saying this because I want to claim those 100 tiles, I'm saying this because on a large server such as Xanadu there is no reason for anyone not in your Alliance to plant a deed right on your doorstep - But it still happens. Some people are just ignorant but a fair deal of the people who do it do it with ulterior motives.

• Like 2

You left off 'nothing'.  I was semi-critical of the map at first, mostly based at looking at the map and not the actual world.

I've now wandered over some small portion of all of it.   It's really quite good.  The mountains aren't all that bad, there are some very interesting open plains areas and there's a lot of relief in areas that is not visible on the map but makes for interesting valleys and dells.

As far as the funky rock layer, in my experience it's pretty much always been that way or at least it has been on the servers I've dealt with.  The perlin noise during rock generation results in spikey rock formations, dirt is thrown on top and then the exposed surface is smoothed (dirt and rock) leaving the weird rock layer underneath.

Less light breeze........ random occurence sure, 4hrs' worth.......... bad bad RNG even when it was just the smaller servers.

None of those, I would like to see more creatures/mobs and veins.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Part of me wonders if the server's large portion of what is for the most part unusable land (most players won't try to settle areas that require huge amounts of work) was done on purpose because the server simply can't support a hypothetical population where a large portion of the server is settled.

I'm pretty sure there is room for at least 5000 deeds and those are deeds built in flattish areas. Is there enough room for 10,000? I'd think at 10,000 deeds Wurm would make another server.

Honestly the overground side of Xanadu is more than fine, its really good.

The problem is the underground side i.e. vein's - specifically Lead. Given how big the server is and how boats are essential, having lead be ultra rare really hinders the server. We need a LOT more lead tiles populating so that there is 1 per every 100x100 grid.

Edited by Happiness

Ok, i like some high mountains, even if this means that longer trails and roads had to be made, but somehow i feel that xanadu is a bit excessive in the height and length, and even in the presence of these huge rock concentrations...especially because on the other side flat, plain areas within coastal zones are nearly non-existent...the lack of makeshift rivers also is a bit of disappoint, even if it's a consequence of the lack of plains.

What would you like to change in Xanadu = Nothing.

The topography of Xanadu seems very well done. I picked a spot there where I have needed to have an almost 20 continuous sloped road down to the water coast edge, needing to flatraise about 1/2 of the road. All of the rest of the interior is needed to be flatraised into various terraced areas. I was aware of these conditions and could have picked a much easier flatter area in the vicinity.

Up above there are more rolling hills where others can easily dig the dirt out to make completely flat deed areas. Nearby are more forested areas that back up into mountain sides. Some of the mountains have easily accessed sloped valleys to the top ranges of them giving the opportunity to place deeds in a more rock sculpting environment. Point being, there are more than enough choices for all types of desires to construct deeds according to the interests of the individual player.

=Ayes=

Only thing i would like to see is more creatures to be honest.

• Like 3

My pick - more islands.

I would love to see a server with few "main" lands (max size around 1/4 of Deli/Exo) and tens or hundreds of smaller and bigger islands, out of which each is different - desert ones, mountain ones, flat ones etc.. Size of this islands would vary between very small (hardly for even one small deed) to very big (4-5 big villages).

• Like 1

I voted to change nothing on that list. I like what Aeris said. Maybe perimeter tiles should be nearly free up to say 100 radius. Then you can choose whether you want a deed close by or not. But since they are perimeter, that's all you could do is discourage people from settling there. Maybe make it so there are no restrictions on doing things in someones perimeter except no planting deeds, and then make the decay really fast in perimeters.

Actually the rock layer under dirt needs to be more realistic. It seems like an algorithm messed up, with how its shaped under dirt compared to exposed areas.

Edited by Benzo

Personely I think the amout of mountains maybe bit too much but what I realy would like to change is the high,

I think the mounains too high.
I was play in indy there is also few high mountain but in xana most of the mountain is super high.

More creatures, a permanent gale on Xanadu, more islands 

I'd double the critter count and I'd also double the weak 80 sloped dirt layer.

I'd double the critter count and I'd also double the weak 80 sloped dirt layer.

I'd be fine with this if there'd been rock benath all dirt. Sadly, once again, there isn't. :/