Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Drake hide drops are balanced trolol

Loot system is fine so long as amount of hide is increased. It should be a static number given out. No matter if 100 people in local or 5 people in local. Everyone should get "x" amount of hide/scale. I have 4x .01 pieces of drake right now. If I combine them I get a ONE .02kg piece.

That's because they aren't 0.01, wurm often rounds up on amounts.

that being said I'm all for it. Lets just base it off an average of 50 in local and call it 0.01 flat for hide. At least that way sellers can know how much they're really buying.

That's because they aren't 0.01, wurm often rounds up on amounts.

that being said I'm all for it. Lets just base it off an average of 50 in local and call it 0.01 flat for hide. At least that way sellers can know how much they're really buying.

Im familiar with the round up which is dumb that it isn't just a flat number because as you said the sellers don't know what they are really buying. People are buying LESS than .01 scrap for 20c+ expecting it to be .01 when really it takes 2x .01 to get that .01 in some cases.

Im familiar with the round up which is dumb that it isn't just a flat number because as you said the sellers don't know what they are really buying. People are buying LESS than .01 scrap for 20c+ expecting it to be .01 when really it takes 2x .01 to get that .01 in some cases.

Yeah... I'm not a fan of games that round like that. Not without at least some kind of mouseover option to see the real amount easily.

Actual loot system is bad, it encourages people hoarding alts, and encourages scammers to deprive people from the loot, everyone can see it but people in charge that somewhat see the current status as balanced.

Btw the limit on number of people able to hit the same target or even get a tittle is poorly implemented too.

Actual loot system is bad, it encourages people hoarding alts, and encourages scammers to deprive people from the loot, everyone can see it but people in charge that somewhat see the current status as balanced.

Btw the limit on number of people able to hit the same target or even get a tittle is poorly implemented too.

Not everyone, several people here said it was fine. I said it once though, worse than a blind man is someone that doesn't want to see.

Everything related to combat is basically reminiscent of the first MUD games that had a visual UI. Which is understandable since apparently that was all that Rolf played before starting on Wurm.

But MUDs were out of business years before Wurm was launched, and Wurm was launched years ago, about time they change that.

Maybe when instead of deriving inspiration from MUDs they start drawing inspiration from actual quality games, and before people start going "theme park", i ask you, what's more controlled and guided? A game built around storytelling, which gives you a preset bunch of options, or a supposed sandbox, where devs change game mechanics to guide you towards a certain behavior? (Which is basically the case with strengthening dragons to prevent small groups from tackling it).

What's worse? A game that gives everyone the same set of pre-defined options, or a game that systematically and artificially increases the gaps between veteran players and new players by removing options?

Kinda funny that you mention a system that millions of players are perfectly happy with, as a bad thing.

As many say, keep wow and it's offspring out of wurm. Where it belongs.

Kinda funny that you mention a system that millions of players are perfectly happy with, as a bad thing.

Justin Bieber fan ?

...worse than a blind man is someone that doesn't want to see.

That's funny coming from you, the guy who thinks that giving 3kg hides per drop and requiring all imping to be done with drake will somehow drop the prices lower than 100s a set.

Imping with drake/scale only will cause the prices to inflate 100%.

The only way you will ever see drake sets at 40-50s is if the uniques are spawned regularly (every 3-6 months), and with full drops. Otherwise, you can bet that the prices will remain the same or continue to rise because of conditions/limitations. I know that under current conditions, I wouldn't even think about selling my extra drake sets for less than 1.5G, and if drake is required to improve, it would be a mininum of 2G per set.

The limited drops will drive the prices up. Even a limited drop of 3kg per kill (without the need to imp with) will still drive the prices higher than they were. Why? Because there are currently a finite amount of sets in the game. Often, those sets disappear when a player who has one (or more) decides not to log in anymore. For instance, I know of at least 10 people that had sets from the original Indy killings that are now gone - their drake sets collecting dust in the void with their unlogged characters. Drake disappears quicker than it is recirculated in the game, which causes the prices to inflate more and more as time goes on. This bogus partial drop situation only makes newly crafted sets even more rare, and worth more coin.

Been saying that for months though, and now it's time to watch the prediction come to fruition. Simple economics at work here, not rocket science.

• Like 2

As many say, keep wow and it's offspring out of wurm. Where it belongs.

Well, many people say that god created the earth in 6 days. Or that vaccines cause autism.

So yeah, many people can say what they want, turth is if Wurm wants to be a quality game it needs to start looking at other quality and successful games, and i won't even go on about how "WoW offspiring" is wrong.

In fact you, yourself have approved suggestions that are derived from other players having played WoW's "offspring", proof:

Real life mailing?

Pretty sure I type on my keyboard, then hit send, and...oh wait, your talking about that Ancient Greece mailing system aren't you? Gah. Hehe

+1, all of em are pretty much needed now adays, wurm is pretty ancient as is...and let's face it, how many people here know how to make a letter and mail it in game? 2nd problem is: there's no notification when you get the mail....so your most likely never going to know until you pick up a item from your mailbox. 3: nobody takes the time right now to use the mailing system for that purpose, because it doesn't work.

That's all that you +1'd:

Wurm is a MMO, and as MMO it needs a better way to handle the in-game social aspects of the game.

So this are my suggestions:

Friends Tab.

The friends tab needs to go and be replaced by a proper contact/friends window, in this contact window you should be able to do at least this things:

• Show a list of all your friends and sort it based on online/offline status, alphabetical order and if they are from village or alliance.
  • Create custom groups and add contacts to those groups, and notes/descriptions to those groups.
  • Add notes to contacts(help to remember alts or reminders/contracts with that player).
  • Being able to choose to appear online/offline for everyone or just certain players.
  • Option to disable/enable online/ofline friend notification.

Add in-game Mailing.

Yes, I know we already have mail, and I find it as a wonderful way of RPing, but lets be realistic. Wurm as a MMO should help the players socializing and interacting among them, not help prevent it. Yes I know we can PM on forums and other out-game ways, but we are in the year 2014, and every single MMO out there has some form of in-game mailing system, and I think that Wurm deserves to have it too.

So I would like to:

• Send in-game mails
  • Create and manage mailing list, this include creating default mailing list for groups.
  • Allow the possibility to configure sound alerts when you receive a new mail.
  • Send town/alliance-wide mails.

Create Custom Conversation.

Another thing that I would like to see is to be able to create chats/conversations/channels whatever you want to call it, with more than one single player, so I would like to be able to:

• Create conversations/chat/whatever with XYZ players, adding them to the conversation.
  • A managing system for the conversation, being able to kick a player out of it and give power to other players to manage/add/kick players of that particular conversation.
  • Allow the possibility to configure sound alerts for specific conversation tabs.
  • Chat system to use IRC stuff as back-end

There's probably more, but this one was the first one that came to mind.

That's funny coming from you, the guy who thinks that giving 3kg hides per drop and requiring all imping to be done with drake will somehow drop the prices lower than 100s a set.

Actually my original suggestion was for full drops with drake imping to keep it rare, but as the devs seemed to have deemed even 3kgs too much, so i suggested AT LEAST that, and since you apparently write before reading, my suggestion was for a randomized loot per PREMIUM player, with one of the items on the loot table being AT LEAST 3kg hides, since that would probably make drake too easy and abundant, having it require drake hide to reimp would keep it somewhat rare, or even if everyone would have drake, they'd be more careful using it, keeping it as that armor useable only on rare ocasions. Of course that's only a draft suggestion, i'm not a dev, and unlike devs i believe that stuff needs to be tested, discussed and worked out before being applied, but you can bet your ass that even without changing a dot on my suggestion, it would still be a way better and more rewarding system than the current one.

Next time read what people said before trying to call them out, or you can always get a pair of dark sunglasses and a cane.

What i dont understand at all is, what would be the problem if everyone has some kind of dragon armour? I mean in pve its not like i have to show someone that im stronger than him or?

Next time read what people said before trying to call them out, or you can always get a pair of dark sunglasses and a cane.

Yes, i've read your randomized drop per premium player suggestion before. Honestly, I think it's as silly as the limited drops. Part (a half-assed version, ala Wurm style) of your suggestion made it into game (all attending members get a sliver of hide in inventory upon kill), which did nothing but make the situation worse and spread the hide out even more. It's now even harder to collect enough for you to make an entire set, whether that was implemented as a premium feature or not.

Drake/scale will never be "too abundant", nor has it really ever been rare (and that point is proven by how many no-named players with mediocre stats have obtained a set of their color choice, as long as they had the coin to spend). Coming from a guy that has more drake than the common folk, there will never be too much of it in the game world. You could spawn a dragon with full loot per day, and the people hunting the dragons will NOT put the work in and sell the hides for less return than a set of plate. They will sit on it before they let that happen. Get over the fallacious idea that full, regularly timed loot drops would make hide so common that its prices would sink low enough to make the drake set the only armor worn, meanwhile putting all other armor sales out of business. It's just not going to happen. 

The real problem stemmed from the same, select people penning the original (and non-respawning) uniques and profiting until their pockets swelled over. Now that uniques are being respawned, that's not a problem... There was never a problem with the amount of materials found in the drops, the problem lied in the fact that they were very limited (not respawning unless a new server came online), and being controlled by a select few. 

A bit off topic, but related because of comments you've made in this thread itself:

Sometimes I agree with some of your points, Kane... and then, sometimes I feel your suggestions/ideas are just as wild as Joedobo's, and that you'd like to turn Wurm into a game that it isn't. Your opinion of a "quality" game is one that has a population that meets "AAA" games. I, honestly, can't agree with that fact. I wouldn't want Wurm to have the turnout/popularity of WoW, nor to see the game hold the interests of those types of gamers.

You suggested earlier to nerf the armor's rating just to make the prices more affordable... seriously? Are you listening to yourself? You want prices to be more fair for everyone, but yet you don't mind creating an unfair situation for those that currently have drake just to meet the end result? You complain about the dev team being short sighted, but that suggestion isn't really any different... completely kneejerked.

I, too, have complained about retention... but don't get that confused with your complaints. I would like to see the team stop making the same mistakes year after year, and I would like to see the team stop making kneejerk reactions to "fix" problems we have in game, without using much critical thinking before hand. They need to stop turning away the people that have enjoyed this game for years by completely changing long existing mechanics in the matter of an overnight period, only to "fix" some other problem somewhere else in the game - kneejerk fixes. I have no issue with the fact that this game is a "niche" game and that it's not for everyone. I don't think we need to retain the common gamer, nor do I think Wurm needs to see a player population of 6 figures+ to continue on. The day that Wurm's focus becomes driven on that is the day that I think about leaving. If I wanted to play common games with the common gamer, I'd be playing WoW, or Minecraft, or CoD, etc. Here to play chess with other chess players, not candyland players.

In my opinion, your suggestions aren't always the "right way" (as you believe them to be), due to the fact that you are so accepting of letting Wurm "dumb" down to appeal to the common, casual gamer. Joedobo thinks all his ideas would make Wurm an awesome place too, and I wouldn't touch the game that he wants it to be. If that means to you that I'm wearing cataract glasses and sporting a cane, so be it. I am paying attention and reading, I just don't happen to agree.

• Like 4

What i dont understand at all is, what would be the problem if everyone has some kind of dragon armour? I mean in pve its not like i have to show someone that im stronger than him or?

Money.

Yes, i've read your randomized drop per premium player suggestion before. Honestly, I think it's as silly as the limited drops. Part (a half-assed version, ala Wurm style) of your suggestion made it into game (all attending members get a sliver of hide in inventory upon kill), which did nothing but make the situation worse and spread the hide out even more. It's now even harder to collect enough for you to make an entire set, whether that was implemented as a premium feature or not.

Anything done half-assedly would be worse. My suggestion was for full loot randomized per person, not a single item distributed by everyone, rendering it useless. My suggestion has the potential that everyone in the party to get enough hide for a set, although unlikely, but at least everyone would either get hide, or a bone, or a skull or a Valrei item. So everyone might not get exactly what they want, but would get something worth their time.

Drake/scale will never be "too abundant", nor has it really ever been rare (and that point is proven by how many no-named players with mediocre stats have obtained a set of their color choice, as long as they had the coin to spend). Coming from a guy that has more drake than the common folk, there will never be too much of it in the game world. You could spawn a dragon with full loot per day, and the people hunting the dragons will NOT put the work in and sell the hides for less return than a set of plate. They will sit on it before they let that happen. Get over the fallacious idea that full, regularly timed loot drops would make hide so common that its prices would sink low enough to make the drake set the only armor worn, meanwhile putting all other armor sales out of business. It's just not going to happen. 

I agree completely with this, but as it stands devs don't, so don't many players, so i built around that premiss and added some constraints to my original suggestion.

The real problem stemmed from the same, select people penning the original (and non-respawning) uniques and profiting until their pockets swelled over. Now that uniques are being respawned, that's not a problem... There was never a problem with the amount of materials found in the drops, the problem lied in the fact that they were very limited (not respawning unless a new server came online), and being controlled by a select few.

Sometimes I agree with some of your points, Kane... and then, sometimes I feel your suggestions/ideas are just as wild as Joedobo's, and that you'd like to turn Wurm into a game that it isn't. Your opinion of a "quality" game is one that has a population that meets "AAA" games. I, honestly, can't agree with that fact. I wouldn't want Wurm to have the turnout/popularity of WoW, nor to see the game hold the interests of those types of gamers.

Would be crazy to even think wurm would ever attain those numbers. But at the moment Wurm has the same players per server as for example are allowed per team in WvW map in GW2 (with 4 maps total). Wurm was built to be a social game (priests for example show you just how much Wurm was designed the idea of having reasonably sized groups per deed, kinda like a guild in other games, but you need to go into alliance levels to get even close to those numbers. Matter of fact is that Wurm had to raise their prices, which is the reverse tendecy of games as they grow older, they tend to lower their price to make the games more competitive. Its a matter of numbers anywhere, not a mater of opinion. There's always a decay in active players, Wurm has a tiny speck of pop, and a chunk of that speck derives their existence from ingame money flow, so no real return for the company. This is the case with most F2P games, and as those games, Wurm needs to be attractive to a wide audience so that the few that actually stay and pay outweigh those that don't.

As it is now, Wurm has no player retention (or low enough to make no difference), i wouldn't be surprised if a price climb would be announced within the year.

You suggested earlier to nerf the armor's rating just to make the prices more affordable... seriously? Are you listening to yourself? You want prices to be more fair for everyone, but yet you don't mind creating an unfair situation for those that currently have drake just to meet the end result? You complain about the dev team being short sighted, but that suggestion isn't really any different... completely kneejerked.

Never suggested any nerfs that i remember, i said for all i cared they could be removed entirely, never suggested it to be applied, i did say they needed balancing, but that isn't the same as suggesting a nerf, balancing to me would be to create alternatives, or at least a Rock-Paper-Scisors system that works and makes each armor type really have its own niche and use. For example, giving actual buffs (there's an apparent buff to Favour regen, but i mean something bigger) for priests using cloth armor (maybe not to Mag, since he's more of a paladin theme god), etc, etc. Lots that can be done if one would bother.

I, too, have complained about retention... but don't get that confused with your complaints. I would like to see the team stop making the same mistakes year after year, and I would like to see the team stop making kneejerk reactions to "fix" problems we have in game, without using much critical thinking before hand. They need to stop turning away the people that have enjoyed this game for years by completely changing long existing mechanics in the matter of an overnight period, only to "fix" some other problem somewhere else in the game - kneejerk fixes. I have no issue with the fact that this game is a "niche" game and that it's not for everyone. I don't think we need to retain the common gamer, nor do I think Wurm needs to see a player population of 6 figures+ to continue on. The day that Wurm's focus becomes driven on that is the day that I think about leaving. If I wanted to play common games with the common gamer, I'd be playing WoW, or Minecraft, or CoD, etc. Here to play chess with other chess players, not candyland players.

I do agree that Wurm should keep its niche, of course. But HOW MANY times have you seen people that actually want a game JUST LIKE WURM, or at least just like Wurm is presented to be, but then are thrown off by the excessive costs, the excessive grind, the excessive bugs, the excessively intrusive development, etc, etc. I've seen lots, i have friends that love this kind of thing, but didn't last 2 weeks in Wurm. And to me that's a big thing, one of those friends spent 12h non-stop farming a dungeon to gain a item he wanted, that's how grind-compatible he is, but he couldn't take it in Wurm. I myself need to stop from time to time. After stopping playing Wurm i went to guildwars and spent pretty much 48h of game time straight farming for a craft item, and it wasn't nearly as painful as a 1h session of surface minning.

In my opinion, your suggestions aren't always the "right way" (as you believe them to be), due to the fact that you are so accepting of letting Wurm "dumb" down to appeal to the common, casual gamer. Joedobo thinks all his ideas would make Wurm an awesome place too, and I wouldn't touch the game that he wants it to be. If that means to you that I'm wearing cataract glasses and sporting a cane, so be it. I am paying attention and reading, I just don't happen to agree.

I don't think my ideas are awesome, i'm pretty sure at least that i've given more thought to most of them than some changes Rolf did over the years. That's why i post my ideas so that people can help them evolve, and find flaws, that should be how you develop games, not a single dev working "2 weeks on a secret project" then it goes live without any feedback from someone. I mean that's the most basic thing you'll ever learn in school. When you do a report, or a paper you ALWAYS ask someone to proof-read them for you, yet apparently in Wurm that's discouraged.

I also resent the "dumbing down" thing. How much dumber can you make Wurm? Unless Code club creates something like a stick you hit your computer with to make stuff happen (although it might be more interactive than Wurm, so there's that), i don't see how you can dumb down Wurm. If you're saying that Wurm is more challenging and harder than other games out there, obviously you need to check a dictionary. Wurm is just a HUGE time sink, but the stuff that takes up 99% of the time could be done by a trained money, or any dumber animal. Nothing "smart" about hitting a key 100 times in a row while pointing the mouse to a wall that takes up 90% of the screen. Or clicking a icon or pushing a number key depending on a icon that shows on the right side of a inventory window, then pressing another key to improve, and then repeating.

In fact there's only one activity in Wurm where you really need to be engaged, and even that was already dumbed down (i protested at the time, but it saves so much time that i now use it all the time) which was digging, or at least flatraising as it was done before level was introduced. Doing that without wasting twice or more dirt than you needed, that was somewhat of a challenge. Other than that, nothing on Wurm is really challenging.

BTW, why make an item with 3 charges? is not better just put 3 items with a single use? who come with that kind of "ideas"?

• Like 2

The problem is that there are players who have made a significant amount of RL money from the sale of drake and dragon scale armor and don't want that ability reduced by changes to this system. Since they already have their sets and the ability to improve them with leather, you might wonder why they would be interested in obtaining more. The first sentence points that out.

Limiting the capacity to obtain future scale, while keeping the current stock in a more scarce supply thus maintaining a higher price, also limits the ability to sell more of it for RL profits; so a sort of compromise made by those who do so will be to endorse more availability of the scale to then craft, sell and add to the supply. Until some sort of saturation point is reached there will be little protest against increased supply but rather support of it.

The game behind the game of Wurm for some is the ability to make RL money from "playing" it. This shifts Wurm game play into another direction, with others who will endorse policies and game mechanics to support this source of income for them. Other players then outside of their associations merely become a market for their goods. Many aspects of the game are then influenced by these endorsed money making opportunities, which detract from the game play as a purely enjoyable experience and turn it into directions contrary to what ordinarily would be the objective of game developers, that being to provide enjoyable interludes of entertainment for those who participate within their game designs.

I see a small shifting away from some of these portions of the game that provide either ways of making RL profits or reducing payments to game income from game mechanics provided to do so. This I think is a good trend that must be as subtly applied on the Dev side as those who endorse these abilities do on their side, as this will not contribute too much of a withdrawal effect causing a backlash of disruption within the player base.

The timeline within Wurm slowly creeps forward with the assured seconds expiring as within a crafting timer. Some influenced by the Dev's enchantments, others by the players observation of the effects. Adjustments are made on both sides of the equation with results yet to be analyzed. An advantage here or there adds to one sides objectives and decreases the others. The Wurm conspiracy continues unabated, confounded by the ridicule of those who would wish it to remain hidden from those who might get a gleaning into the depths of its hold and influence upon a mere stroll through the wondrous forests of these lands.

*sweeps remaining dust under the rug*

=Ayes=

• Like 2

To make it short, a scale set is valued about 350-400 eu, so people selling that don´t want you to be able to get one for free.

• Like 1

To make it short, a scale set is valued about 350-400 eu, so people selling that don´t want you to be able to get one for free.

That's a pretty valid sentiment. Likely a lot of people bought said scale sets. You'd have to be insane to not complain if something that valuable/limited suddenly becomes easily available. Especially not when in the past it's always been stated by Rolf and team that dragon armors are intended to be rare.

Personally, I'd rather they up the drop amounts right back to the old values, and make drake sets only impable with drake hide. Maybe make the butchering range wider to 50->100 so freebie alts are rewarded a little less than real players. Everyone could get a set if they wanted, but maintenance would become the cost.

However, that in no way compensates the relative loss of value still.

When i wore iron chain I never cared much about the dragon armors, And I never wanted to get involved with people that were hoarding them.  Then one christmas I won a set in a treasure hunt.  It is nice, but it isn't so nice that I would worry myself to death over it, If I didn't have it. And I damn sure wouldn't pay the prices that people are charging for it.  I have always worn whatever I could make, Because it was a personal goal for me to improve my own gear.  So if all the dragon sets were removed tommorrow it wouldn't stop me from playing the game. So in short I say who cares wether it takes two months or two years to get a set of drake. go practice making your own armors, And if you happen to get lucky and get a set of drake, then good.  but if not,  then big deal.

• Like 2

my opinion: eliminate the uniques loot drops. Make killing them a need for protection and give titles, but stop the drops.  That will stop the alt brigades and disappointment of people that can't seem to get in the sign up sheet quick enough.

• Like 1

my opinion: eliminate the uniques loot drops. Make killing them a need for protection and give titles, but stop the drops.  That will stop the alt brigades and disappointment of people that can't seem to get in the sign up sheet quick enough.

And then no one will ever hunt them, they will just be on the map to torment solo players passing by...   :rolleyes:

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 1

And then no one will ever hunt them, they will just be on the map to torment solo players passing by...   :rolleyes:

You mean they would become predators rather than prey... hm... can't have that! ;)

From my point of view the problem is that it would make chain/plate almost completely redundant because the dragon armors are frankly overpowered. Why buy chain/plate if dragon armor is widely available? (widely available would obviously make it affordable too, as supply would be so high that the price would plummet) If it were to become widely available then it should be nerfed so that dragon hide is equal to chain and scale equal to plate. That way it's a cosmetic thing and does not make chain and plate redundant. But such a nerf will never happen, others already summed up why that is the case -> money.

So widely available, sure, as long as the difference between existing armor and dragon armor is not in the stats, but is just cosmetic. I'm a fan of horizontal progression, but the newer armor types here (including seryll/adamantine) are mostly vertical progression based. I wish it was more about looks and less about stats.

Edited by Ecrir

Here's my two copper on the matter:

I have seriously considered making a return to Wurm since dragons started spawning again. However, after reading forum posts like this, I am glad that I held off on my decision. Imagine how frustrating it would be to sail to the other side of the server to fight a dragon, possibly dying once or twice, and losing skills in the process, only to find out you don't get a title, and you don't even have enough hide to make a single glove. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hunting for the mere thrill of the hunt as much as anyone. When I played Wurm, I would kill everything on my continent that moved two or three times a day. Being a Fo priest, it didn't matter to me if it was a champion, I could just run off and heal if I had to. 

But dragons aren't mere champion creatures. They are uniques. Roman and I tried to get a party together to slay a unique back when I played, an Avatar of Magranon in the Southern Steppe on Celebration. Even after making forum posts, and spamming Freedom chat, for a couple of days, the most players we could gather was about five or six. Maybe Wurm's population is temporarily boosted now after advertising for Xanadu, but it's really not much higher than it was when I left. Now I see 1000 players on at a time, whereas it was 800-900 before. Most of those players are going to be on Xanadu.

So lets say I go through the ordeal of getting a party of 20-30 fighters on Celebration, which would be rather difficult I imagine. Even then, I will likely not get a title, and not get enough hide to make a glove. That's a pretty raw deal for those of us doing the killing if only the same 1-2 people who have kept dragons penned for years are going to have dragon armor afterward. I can't honestly imagine being able to get hunting parties together to successfully slay dragons over 300 times. Like a previous poster said, that would take years. And a year from now, I don't expect it to be possible to even get a large enough party together to slay a dragon. This Xanadu rush will only last so long.

What do I think the devs should do about dragons? Well, for one, they probably need to be made a lot weaker, because it's just too hard to get 40 players together to kill a dragon in this game. A lot of the time you don't even have that many players on a given server. As I am posting this there are 32 players on Celebration. Half of those are probably priest alts with no fighting skill. Also, dragons need to drop enough hide to at least make a glove or boot. I can make a rare glove off a single rare cloth square. I should be able to make at least a common low ql glove off a drake hide.

Kane, I support the mainstream MMO's a lot, and yes I know it's not 100% correct, WoW also copied other MMO's. Including the 10/25/40 raiding teams. But let's face it, how many here know of the games before the "prime evil" that is now the baseline MMO king? Quiet a few likely, but nonetheless, it's better to point at the current, long since standing, king then to point at the ones that have died long ago.

Yes, I do support a lot of mainstream things being done to wurm, conveniences>realism. I do not however support dumbing the game down for the sake of every player being able to get the same gear in a few months, or even a years, time.

Why is wurm special? Because, each player is different. Let's not turn us all into the same being.