Sign in to follow this  
Steeloxide

Creatures on Xanadu

Creatures on Xanadu  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we need more creatures on Xanadu?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesent effect me, therefore I dont care.

Creatures are still few and far between it would seem, and I am unsure if this is intentional or not, considering there has been no official word since the "fix" maybe this is how they intended the monsters to be.

In light of that I figure now is a good a time as any for a poll.

Do you think we need more monsters on Xanadu?

As far as I can tell it is unintended. There went something wrong after an update I guess. Just keep waiting until it's fixed. There is no way this is intended.

I live on the island in the SW corner of the map - Newspring island - The only creatures I have seen here that were wild was 1 horse 1 bison ( later got stolen ) 1 hell hound and 2 deer.

For an island thats about 2kmx2km thats absolutely nothing for such a large island.

Fix the spawn rates already. I want my aggros D:

Edited by Yesirn

Yep, nothing on Newspring island. Explored the whole island, just 1 mountain lion in a cave - thats all.

Edited by Army

creatures-month.png

Definitely broken, hopefully it gets looked into and fixed soon.

• Like 1

Something is wrong for sure, have not seen anything but a bear in 2 weeks where my deed is. Thank goodness I brought 500 meat from Pristine when I came over.

after growing up on celebration, I admit I enjoy not having to worry about going afk for half an hour or more out in the middle of the woods in xanadu... so yea something needs to be looked at.

don't think the spawns need as much attention as much as where they wander to. few times I seen mobs they been in clusters.

There is something wrong on a new server when I don't have to plant a safety deed to build a brand new road thru a wilderness while working alone. I don't even have to put my headphones on... because I know now there isn't anything out in the forest that wants to eat me.

Something is definitely not "Wurm". We need the creature count way up please.

Edited by geode

The only thing that keeps respawning is pigs...

Edited by Zetuka
  • Like 1

i don't think they are spawning either Zetuka, there was just so bloody many to begin with.

As a leather worker I'm stuck in hold mode over this. I can't stay on Xanadu if I have to travel hours just be be able to hunt for hides to work with so I'm putting off expanding or putting much effort into my deed until I see how this is going to play out. Sucks tbh about it. 

From my point of view it has been quite a relief to not be constantly pestered by aggressive mobs upon Xanadu, although I will admit that this welcome situation seems quite peculiar within the Wurm environment. No doubt all too soon the lands will be flooded with them. I do remember seeing many more around shortly after the server opening and my Spirit Templar actually killed a few that dared to wander upon my deed tiles.

=Ayes=

Along the northern coast there are mountains covered with the mobs, literally black mountains, brown, etc. All those mobs just need pushed south and everything spread out. Then it would be more liveable for everyone. What we have now needs spread out before they add more....but yes they do need more but only after these mass hordes of them get scattered like they should be. 

From what I've seen while sailing around it's like this in the south too. There are at least 2 huge mountains covered down there. The mobs seem to be avoiding open areas and heading to mountains and just staying there until death by starving or old age.....this definitely needs fixed. The mobs exist, they're just in huge hordes all over coastal areas. And of course Loki's Pass and its infamous 400 mobs lol

As a leather worker I'm stuck in hold mode over this. I can't stay on Xanadu if I have to travel hours just be be able to hunt for hides to work with so I'm putting off expanding or putting much effort into my deed until I see how this is going to play out. Sucks tbh about it

The mountain near Glasshollow is covered with bulls and cows, if you have a ship no reason you can't get there. There's one in the south with unicorns and crocs too, not sure of that one's coords though. I myself don't get any hide mobs other then unis and those are all champs so nothing I can do as they still would kick my ass there. I'm also a leather worker so it makes things hard to find the hide mobs when they're huttled on mountains.