Sign in to follow this  
Emmanuel

Jumping

I'm tired of pressing "shift" thinking my character will jump.

Just so were clear jumping will still not let you pass medium and high fences etc...

if fall damage stays same, jumping will only be used for quick suicides

btw space is the jump button!

Edited by silakka

now he's gonna break his "space" key thinking that we actually CAN jump in this game...

-1   I noticed the OP left out Low walls ie low stone walls.  Slick

+1 for jumping as a mostly cosmethic thing, unable to jump over any kind of fences or walls. (good for peeking over your neighbors walls to see what he is plotting now)

• Like 1

suggested before i ll just copy-paste my answer from that topic:

"i dont play pvp, im not in pvp server but still, i know there will be frog-fights in pvp servers and as well as it will look funny at first look, it will start to be annoying in 2 seconds. also no point for having it in pve servers as well. defo -1. also as someone mentioned above, i would rather have dev team focusing on 3D mining as well."

here is the topic:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/97270-jumping/

The day they implement jumping in the game is the day you'll see my char in the WTS section ;) 

(unless it's actually for a purpose other than jumping up and down while running down a road and looking like a teen hopped up on too much sugar and caffeine aka an idiot!)

Make a jump 'cosmetic' only and take 1/3 of your stamina. No frog fights or hopping down the road then.

if fall damage stays same, jumping will only be used for quick suicides

btw space is the jump button!

Not in the games I play :P

I could see a hop mechanic that lets people stuck in a shallow mine door escape over the side I don't want jump or fly - it just breaks to much of what people worked to build as tons of towns on both servers use low walls for horses or quick cheap barricades - then add in after jump people will go ohh let animals jump and the caffeine tripped bison are annoying enough without becoming ninjas able to flip over walls

yeah +1 but only if no jumping over fences unless from a high altitude above said fence since that would be logical. Keep fall damage in place and locked fences in place, if they jump from a cliff into a locked fence, sucks for them. But it'd be fun to jump sometimes when going downhill to move a bit quicker. Also no jumping when weighed down heavily....wouldn't make sense if they can jump while they can barely walk.