Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Staff Interviews: Wurm's CEO/Creator – Rolf Jansson

banner_rolf_800.jpg

Click here to read!

The second part in our series of interviews with the staff behind Wurm Online is with Rolf "Wurm" Jansson.

Have a great morning/day/evening!

/Lars

• Like 13

..and nothing about the "something" that Rolf is working on that's disappointing, lol

• Like 4

I did ask about the secret project(s) actually, but the answer was basically that he couldn't say much about it for marketing-reasons, and because not much's been set in stone yet, so I didn't think it was worth putting in the interview. He did say that they are all related to Wurm and the future of Wurm though. I wish I had more to spill, sorry guys!

• Like 3

Awesome interview! 

I hope to see Wurm around in twenty years, that would be baus. 

Thanks for making my favorite game and most in depth virtual world I have ever experienced!

• Like 1

I did ask about the secret project(s) actually, but the answer was basically that he couldn't say much about it for marketing-reasons, and because not much's been set in stone yet, so I didn't think it was worth putting in the interview. He did say that they are all related to Wurm and the future of Wurm though. I wish I had more to spill, sorry guys!

So why did johan said he will reveal it in a few weeks,(this was about 3 weeks ago) if it hasnt even been set in stone yet? 

• Like 1

So why did johan said he will reveal it in a few weeks,(this was about 3 weeks ago) if it hasnt even been set in stone yet? 

I misinterpreted what he said; Rolf's exact words were "marketing stuff that's not entirely complete", so it is probable that he's referring to when they are going to announce the new stuff. Not that their plans aren't set in stone... I apologize for that.

As to when Johan plans to reveal whatever is coming up or what it is, I have no idea. I can investigate the matter though.

• Like 2

As to when Johan plans to reveal whatever is coming up or what it is, I have no idea. I can investigate the matter though.

No i didn't mean Johan i meant Rolf.

Rolf will be working on “something†for Wurm full time the next two weeks but I will leave that for him to reveal as he see fit!

Either way that two weeks are long gone, but if he can't say anything for marketing reasons then its fine. Thanks for keeping us informed on what's happening.

Edited by atazs

Thanks for the interview, Bucket.

Good to hear from the Man-From-the-Mountain. I also came to Wurm because it allows me to alter things and here I actually feel like a part of this world, instead of a spectator going through the motions. This is the game I have been seeking for a long time and it's finally here. Now, while other MMOs look great and show a lot of promise, I can't play them anymore. No shovel option.

Yes, Wurm ruined it for other women... er... games.

Its a secret project... because its secret!

AmbO8EZ.gif

• Like 2

It makes me happy knowing that Rolf has such high hopes for Wurm. I've played many games and never came across any that held a candle to this game. It is very hard to try playing other games when Wurm gives you so much freedom. Thanks Lars for another great interview!

Nice job again Lars :)  I enjoyed reading a little about how Wurm came to be etc, as a newcomer this year to it I haven't really gone looking for history, been too busy playing! I remain amazed personally at what has been achieved with such a small team, and more importantly with one man steering the ship. Thanks Rolf for keeping Wurm alive, I hope to see it go another 25 years at least as well. Thanks also for helping me feel not so much a dinosaur, as you don't look ancient yet also played from the time of text based games and no internet :D