Sign in to follow this  
raphiman

Newbie needs Help

Hi there Prestine,

I'm new to this game and don't have an idea where and how to start. I was travelling a bit, but was killed twice.

I tried to build a ship but need nails and don't know hoe to build them or where to buy :(

It's sort of hard to get into the Game in the very beginning. So if there's anyone who wants to help me out a bit, please let me know!

Thank you,

Raphiman

EDIT: omg, I think I posted in the wrong forum, sorry!

Edited by raphiman

Hi Raphiman,

Yeah, you need to post in the Pristine forum section to reach the players on that server who might be able to help you out.

Also, for making nails you need some lumps of iron (which you mine iron ore to get, then heat the iron ore to glowing hot in a forge to turn it into lumps of iron), and with glowing hot lumps of iron use a small anvil with the lump of iron activated to craft it into small or large nails.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Tristanc

Thank you two!

The link looks pretty interessting. Will read first ;-)

You can also "rummage" iron off of exposed rock faces if you dont have access to a mine.

That can get you enough iron to make a small anvil and some small nails.

Read up on small anvils in the iki as well, it can be kind of nbaffling to a n00b how to make one when forst starting out.

I'd also recommend looking to join a village, there are plenty of villages on pristine taking in new players and showing them the ropes, getting them a roof over their head, etc. 

Don't live over there, but I'd ask around about the Wurm Acadamy, and see if that is still running. They always seemed like a fantastic place for a noob to start out at.

Otherwise, i'd recommend throwing a post in this section: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/113-recruitment-p/ 

Make sure to add whether you plan to become premium in the near future, what interests you, how often you play and what your timezone is. (those will likely be the first question any mayor will ask you)

• Like 1

I wouldnt build a ship if you just started out if i were you