Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Bulk Sales Depot - Fort Glasshold | Self-service, Buy/Sell

market tip of day:

HOW to save your time restocking and menage your merchant fast easy and cheep without visit?

Since mail costs are more "normal"  1c per item You can easy register new alt toon and spawn it at market, send him 10s for merchant contact and items via mail and he can start making you money,  you can now restock your mechant via mail fast and without visit :D

[bump]

Several additional market stalls are under construction in the harbor section, and a new merchant has been placed on the eastern stone bridge in the central section.

bump...  there is only north way channel to access market by sea check it out since russwood block all waters around

The Glasshollow market docks to the south abit have no guard coverage and are crawling with spiders and scorps, was a bit annoying for one of my alts when I popped in this morning.  Would a good future improvement if there is a spot to place one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoldFever said:

The Glasshollow market docks to the south abit have no guard coverage and are crawling with spiders and scorps, was a bit annoying for one of my alts when I popped in this morning.  Would a good future improvement if there is a spot to place one.

There is a spirit guard on duty, and any areas of the perimeter docks (for your un/loading convenience) should be covered by the on-deed guard tower. I will consider some reasonable ways to possibly increase security, and I appreciate the tip. Thanks for making the dangerous visit!

Templar at Golden Glass public harbor will sort out that for sure... now is rare tower 20 tiles away.

On March 12, 2016 at 1:30 PM, GoldFever said:

docks to the south

Ah, I see now that you were refering to the Golden Glass docks. I will look into hiring a spirit templar, and the rare guard tower in perimeter should cover most of the deed. 

It has been one week since the most recent merchant listings update, but the images should still be mostly accurate. Feel free to set up in any open stall you like, and let me know if you want an early update on your individual merchant.  I would be glad to post it!

Please note that the merchant stalls in Canal Market are currently in a phase where they have been allowed to decay and have now begun to disappear. They will each soon be replaced by stalls which were completed by myself in order to allow me to 'rename' each stall. Do not be discouraged, as I will reconstruct a stall around your merchant where it stands, should you choose a spot in that section. 

Just placed a merchant in an open stall in the Dragon Market section named Narclaedra. Selling everything from plate armor to tools to cloth tailoring items. 

9 hours ago, Zachariah said:

Just placed a merchant in an open stall in the Dragon Market section named Narclaedra. Selling everything from plate armor to tools to cloth tailoring items. 

Narclaedra.jpg

Hi there!

Quick -noob- question, I don't even know if this type of question is even allowed, but:

Is this really really big and beautiful market privately owned? Did someone make a deed, terraform and build EVERYTHING from 0, and is currently paying the deed tax of something so big? If so, is the owner still around? And how does he keep funding the market? Does it receive a different price considering it's a "public good"? Does the owner charge a % of the sales from the merchants?

Thanks in advance,

A very curious noob.

9 hours ago, Genkokushoo said:

Hi there!

Quick -noob- question, I don't even know if this type of question is even allowed, but:

Is this really really big and beautiful market privately owned? Did someone make a deed, terraform and build EVERYTHING from 0, and is currently paying the deed tax of something so big? If so, is the owner still around? And how does he keep funding the market? Does it receive a different price considering it's a "public good"? Does the owner charge a % of the sales from the merchants?

Thanks in advance,

A very curious noob.

Short answer - Yes. It was built mostly by Rockybalboa and his crew. It is 100% player made. About the tax i dont know tbh.

The market is maintained as an ordinary player-owned deed with normal upkeep rates and is currently funded with purchased silver. There is no fee or charge whatsoever for any merchant placed here, and anyone interested is welcome to choose any open stall to place their own. There is no need to ask for approval, but I would be pleased to assist in any way I can, including renaming your merchant's stall to your own description (up to 20 letters/spaces). 

The original creator/owner is still around, although I am not him. Just over a year ago I assumed control of the market and two other public deeds, being a relatively new player myself at that time. I began my Wurm life right here in Glasshollow, joining Rocky's village just up the road called Silver Glass. I really admired the incredible effort he put into the area here, building a community center and keeping very nice looking forum threads; I am honored to be lucky enough (right place, right time) to be in the position I am now, safekeeping and improving. This market influenced my earliest Wurm experiences, discovering the single greatest 'game' I have ever imagined, and I hope to share what I can for others to appreciate as well. 

You would have likely seen me in local already, but I have been busy the last couple of weeks with a RL deed that I just acquired, but you can expect the next regular update to the merchant listings within about a week, so stay tuned!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RockyBalboa said:

Canal Market now stocks 5-speed horses! 

Canal_Market_stables.jpg

Each one shown is an adolescent male

1-4: Golden

5-7: Gray

Edited by RockyBalboa