Sign in to follow this  
Hadas

Tunnel entrance oppening

Hello,

Looking for help here.. I have a tunnel entrance.. And it is too deep according to the tiles adjacent (tiles right and left). I cant cement the entrance corners because "The ceiling is too close." i can't open a next tunnel above to make a 2x tall entrance because it's impossible "Another tunnel is too close. It would collapse."

Is there any way to fix the slope? Without collapsing the tunnel. Is there a way to make 2 tunnel entrances next to each other?

Thank you.

I think you would have to collapse then surface mine the higher tile down from outside and reopen the tunnel.

Edit: But I am no expert and could be wrong.

Edited by Huserx

Have no tools/powers of collapsing a tunnel..

Yep. A Magranon priest has a spell that can collapse that underground tile. They charge a little for this service, but it's well worth the price in your case, I would presume.

I did this while helping a friend with a boat canal on Xanadu recently.  We had to hire a Mag to collapse the entrance, then mined the top border down, and used a couple of concrete on the bottom just to be safe.  It's the only solution since nothing can be modified in that current state.