Sign in to follow this  
Aella

Adopting a new System of PVP and Mining

Id like to suggest that we make a M&B Warband type of PVP system. The higher your FS the faster you swing, the lower it is the lower you swing. And instead of the system of just tap a hot key and wait a little while make it a click system for Mining, the higher your mining the more ore you mine in less time and where if you have more food you mine a tad bit more. This game would be beyond amazing if this ever happened.

Forgot archery, The higher your skill the more accuracy you have if you haven't seen M&B Archery or fighting, archery there is a Image and the more accuracy your bow has the easier it is to hit a target (were the image is put together) or horrible Accuracy and the Image is spread out making it almost impossible to hit people. And the PVP system where of you turn in a direction and right click you block or hold your shield up.

Member Since Yesterday, 11:15 PM

are you too scared to post this on your main fourm account......

?? Ive watched videos of the game and liked it but hated the look of the PVP :P

Id like to suggest that we make a M&B Warband type of PVP system. The higher your FS the faster you swing, the lower it is the lower you swing. And instead of the system of just tap a hot key and wait a little while make it a click system for Mining, the higher your mining the more ore you mine in less time and where if you have more food you mine a tad bit more. This game would be beyond amazing if this ever happened.

Rolf asked us if we wanted a system like that years ago, I remember the post, and many ppl whined that we didn't need it.   Fast forward to present, now many people seems to want the system, myself included.   Would be a lot of fun tbh.    

I don't agree with your implementation,  swing timer, etc should stay as is and depend on the weapon, stats, etc.    Same as now,  CR affects your success chance at hitting and doing damage to a body part.    Also, I can't see how a click system or yield would help much, system is good as is TBH, mining gets a LOT easier and faster as you get better at it.   Something we could do to improve it is a system when you mined and rested automatically until you break a wall, then move to the next tile and just did one click, or hit your bind once.   Its ok as is tbh, just a bit annoying at times.   There have been rumors of a 3d mining system, but I won't cross my fingers on it.   

Archery would just be awesome to do  actively.  I really love archery in Mount and blade and Mortal Online, as well as other games I use it actively such as Rust it's just a lot of fun.   

Edited by Battlepaw

If we ever got the M&B archery system... Id never put down the bow.. unless to make more strings and arrows :3

• Like 1

Wurm is notoriously buggy, and I would think that any system involving twitch combat would be very dangerous with hitboxes and whatnot. Additionally, Wurm's very scarce PvP playerbase is spread out around the world, so we can't just segregate players based on region to deal with any latency issues. This is not to mention the fact that Wurm constantly has memory leaks that create lag spikes during pvp, turning any sort of twitch-based combat into a complete mess. Anyone who knows how to target a player on a moving horse knows what I mean with latency. You have to run several tiles ahead of a running horse to attack it properly. Now imagine trying to shoot or swing a sword at a horse that's actually 2-5 tiles ahead of where it appears to be.

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 2

You could probably ask that question about hundreds of things in this game.

Wurm is notoriously buggy, and I would think that any system involving twitch combat would be very dangerous with hitboxes and whatnot. Additionally, Wurm's very scarce PvP playerabse is spread out around the world, so we can't just segregate players based on region to deal with any latency issues. This is not to mention the fact that Wurm constantly has memory leaks that create lag spikes, turning any sort of twitch-based combat into a complete mess. Anyone who knows how to target a player on a moving horse knows what I mean with latency. You have to run several tiles ahead of a running horse to attack it properly. Now imagine trying to shoot or swing a sword at a horse that's actually 2-5 tiles ahead of where it appears to be.

Dis is true, I don't think such a system as we want and need, would work until Rolf can fix the lag issues and memory leaks.   

Then why hasnt rolf fixed it?

I'm not sure if he can, perhaps if we had started building this stuff into the engine years ago... but meh it is based on Java, and they need some serious work, not sure how practical it is.  I think it is indeed possible to fix those kinds of problems, because I remember Minecraft had the same kinds of issues way back in the day, and it rarely is the case these days, they managed to do a lot of work on their java client and fix most of the issues.   Same with many other games that use Java I've played over they years. 

Welcome to Wurm.

This has been something Rolf "wants" since i started playing. Which was roughly 6 years ago, now.

A M&B system is pretty much impossible for any game with a global server, you need a ping of ~100ms or less to not have lag issues.

• Like 1

A M&B system is pretty much impossible for any game with a global server, you need a ping of ~100ms or less to not have lag issues.

Unless you're a Kiwi or Aussie,  they've genetically evolved the ability to anticipate where people will be 75ms in the future.  That and suction cup feet to keep from falling off the world.

• Like 2

yeah while I agree wurm needs a combat over haul and a mining upgrade

this isn't it

I want 3d mines and my underground city! NOW

Edited by Forgedrake

Only if latency was removed completely, so -1 on combat system change

As for new mining system... I kind of like it the way it is. My only objection to the current system is that we cannot build underground. (Walls,beds)

Edited by Deathangel