Sign in to follow this  
Sevenless

Vyn followers skillbonus does exist

100% stam actions done individually and then checked for skillgain:

[14:29:21] Ropemaking increased by 0.0110 to 12.006
[14:29:37] Ropemaking increased by 0.0109 to 12.017

[14:30:42] You have now converted to Fo!

[14:30:42] Faith decreased by 28.2 to 1.544

[14:30:53] Ropemaking increased by 0.00995 to 12.0273

[14:31:10] Ropemaking increased by 0.00993 to 12.0372

[14:31:58] Ropemaking increased by 0.00995 to 12.0472

It seems to ignore terrain type, altar power and whether or not you're on a deed (I figured that out in a previous test). The reason why people couldn't find it is simply because it's constant when your faith is high enough. Altar power is only required for priests. The number I got for the bonus was 9.5% ish, but assuming rounding I think it's safe to say it's a flat 10%.

Just felt it was time to put the rumours to rest.

Edit: The long held belief was that "you needed to be in vyn domain to get the bonus". But the needing domain part was dis-proven, which lead to people wondering if the bonus existed at all. What no one seems to have bothered trying was de-vynning to see. So I just gave up 10% skillgain for a couple weeks to figure it out once and for all :P

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 7

It also applies to characteristic gains, making the Vynora follower bonus superior to every other religion's by a long shot.

• Like 1

I think it's pretty much a forgone conclusion about the power of Vyn on PvE.

Fantastic!

Thanks for testing and posting the details! :D

There was definitely rumours since people were telling me that vyn got no skillbonus Thorgot :P Nice to see someone else did the homework properly though :)

Nice one Sevenless. Now the question is, do you get that bonus in influence only or it's a buff everywhere?

Edited: Just read the thread thorgot secretly linked. So yes it's not limited to your domain only.

Agreed, we need to update the wiki with this information. ;)

Nice one Sevenless. Now the question is, do you get that bonus in influence only or it's a buff everywhere?

Edited: Just read the thread thorgot secretly linked. So yes it's not limited to your domain only.

I also mentioned that indirectly in my post. The fact that domains didn't influence it is what started this rumour actually.

There was definitely rumours since people were telling me that vyn got no skillbonus Thorgot :P Nice to see someone else did the homework properly though :)

In one year, there will still be people telling you that vyn got no skillbonus despite this thread.

• Like 2

In one year, there will still be people telling you that vyn got no skillbonus despite this thread.

Because Vynora is OP, and they want to keep it that way...

I wonder, is this additive or multiplicative with the Path of Knowledge level 11 power (25% increased skillgain)? So 35% more skill gain, or 37.5%? Has anybody tried to find that out yet?

I wonder, is this additive or multiplicative with the Path of Knowledge level 11 power (25% increased skillgain)? So 35% more skill gain, or 37.5%? Has anybody tried to find that out yet?

Its additive.

Youll get the 25% from PoK. So you will get 35%; this is the same with adding the affinities in from there as well.

Hence why PoK + Vynora = master race for master grinders.

Edited by Ruger

I've tested it before and after my conversion to Vyn and the 10% is definitely proven. What I did not test ifs the altar influence. Now it seems the altar I recently built in our new workshop is not needed at all :-)

Do followers of other gods get skill bonus like Vyn followers do?

Do followers of other gods get skill bonus like Vyn followers do?

Mag get a 25% bonus to skillgain on weaponskills, shieldskills, archery and bowskills and fighting SUB-skills (but not to FS).

Fo get a healing bonus. It's kinda useful in and of itself, but it's not on even remotely the same level as mag or vyn bonuses.

Fo get a healing bonus. It's kinda useful in and of itself, but it's not on even remotely the same level as mag or vyn bonuses.

A healing bonus is just useless to a Fo priest. Fo has healing spells that heal any wound. One of them heals all the wounds a character has at once, no matter how bad they are. So why does a Fo priest need a bonus for healing? 

A healing bonus is just useless to a Fo priest. Fo has healing spells that heal any wound. One of them heals all the wounds a character has at once, no matter how bad they are. So why does a Fo priest need a bonus for healing? 

Because you're thinking with a PvE mindset. Priests are balanced towards combat remember? And in combat you might not have favour to heal every wound. On top of that Rotting touch wounds deal a helluva lot more damage than normal, so fos can better resist those when they're not in a position to spend favour on them.

And in combat you might not have favour to heal every wound.

I never healed during combat. I just waited til whatever I was killing was dead, then healed. If you try healing during combat, you're just going to take more hits, so it's pointless to try unless you got someone else tanking. Even then, you're probably better off just attacking with them, and healing afterward.

One final question on scaling, how does it scale with sleep bonus? Sleep bonus doubles skill gain, so do we get 110% extra skill gain, or does it also double the 10% for 120% increased skill gain?

sleep bonus is multiplicative. So you get 220% skill on sleep bonus compared to 200% for non-vyns.